It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:25 pm

Change skin to be more darker. Less fade.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
themeiscool

Change skin to be more darker. Less fade.

Post by themeiscool »

So there's this skin called gurvey and even with the transparency set to 0% it still has a lot of fade making the background wallpaper visible and making it harder to see the time and stuff on the dashboard thing. So what setting should I look for to make it darker and have less fade?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Change skin to be more darker. Less fade.

Post by balala »

themeiscool wrote: June 13th, 2022, 4:40 pm So there's this skin called gurvey and even with the transparency set to 0% it still has a lot of fade making the background wallpaper visible and making it harder to see the time and stuff on the dashboard thing. So what setting should I look for to make it darker and have less fade?
Have no idea, because we don't know the skin you're working with. In order to can help you, post a link where we can get it, please.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

themeiscool wrote: June 13th, 2022, 4:40 pm So there's this skin called gurvey and even with the transparency set to 0% it still has a lot of fade making the background wallpaper visible and making it harder to see the time and stuff on the dashboard thing. So what setting should I look for to make it darker and have less fade?
If you are asking about "Gruvy Rainmeter skin (Version 1.81) Published: Dec 15, 2019 by brax64" you may not find help since that package is blocked due to a virus being detected and a cautious person would not override and install it. :uhuh:

If you already have the skin installed according to the author:
"You may also edit directly the variables files in the .../Rainmeter/Skins/Gruvy/resources folder)."

Look for a background color variable, in RGBA or hex format, and remove the 4th comma separated RGBA value or the 7 & 8 hex values to show an opaque color; RGBA: 200,200,200,200 --> 200,200,200 or hexadecimal: c8c8c8c8 --> c8c8c8

If it is a different skin, post a link as balala suggested.
themeiscool

Post by themeiscool »

balala wrote: June 13th, 2022, 6:07 pm Have no idea, because we don't know the skin you're working with. In order to can help you, post a link where we can get it, please.
Here's the link : https://www.deviantart.com/brax64/art/Gruvy-Rainmeter-skin-Version-1-81-823640254
themeiscool

Post by themeiscool »

eclectic-tech wrote: June 14th, 2022, 2:02 am If you are asking about "Gruvy Rainmeter skin (Version 1.81) Published: Dec 15, 2019 by brax64" you may not find help since that package is blocked due to a virus being detected and a cautious person would not override and install it. :uhuh:

If you already have the skin installed according to the author:
"You may also edit directly the variables files in the .../Rainmeter/Skins/Gruvy/resources folder)."

Look for a background color variable, in RGBA or hex format, and remove the 4th comma separated RGBA value or the 7 & 8 hex values to show an opaque color; RGBA: 200,200,200,200 --> 200,200,200 or hexadecimal: c8c8c8c8 --> c8c8c8

If it is a different skin, post a link as balala suggested.

Yeah that's the one! I haven't encountered any such virus related problems with it. As for the Colors there are 4 different color variables in the text file:

GruvyYellow=255,198,33
GruvyGreen=46,233,164
GruvyRed=255,62,154
GruvyBlue=28,108,255
GruvyPink=193,37,255

All of these only have 3 comma separated values.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Hmm... There may be a separate "alpha" variable applied to the background colors.

As for the virus, that may be a false positive virus detection, but I am not going to install.

So, you may want to ask the author of that skin (brax64) how to change the transparency on his DeviantArt page:
https://www.deviantart.com/brax64/art/Gruvy-Rainmeter-skin-Version-1-81-823640254
themeiscool

Post by themeiscool »

Yes there were actually a number of different Alpha variables. I tried changing all of them but it didn't do anything. Thanks for all the help!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Also have no virus problems.
To control the transparency of backgrounds, you have to manually change a few settings in all (or almost all) of skins. For instance:
  • The background of the Gruvy\Calendar\LuaCalendar.ini skin seems to be controlled by the SolidColor option of the [Rainmeter] section of the @Resources\Styles\#Style#\Variables.inc file (where #Style# is a variable controlled by have no idea what...). Replace the existing SoldColor=0,0,0,1 option of [Rainmeter] section of all five previously mentioned files, with the desired color.
  • To set a background for the Gruvy\Dash\Gruvy.ini skin, you have to replace a few numeric values in the Fading option of the [MeterBG] meter. The values you have to work with are the red values here: Fading=22 | 0,0,0,1;0.0 | #GruvyPink#,35;0.7 | #GruvyBlue#,15;1.0. Increase these values, for less transparencies, however I think the rewrite of the GruvyPink and GruvyBlue variables may also be needed.
  • Same way, to set a less transparent background for the Gruvy\KBD\KBD.ini skin, replace the same transparency controlling values from the Fading option of the [BackGround] meter of the above file: Fading=22 | 0,0,0,15;0.0 | #GruvyPink#,75;0.7 | #GruvyBlue#,25;1.0.
  • To set a not-transparent background for the Gruvy\Launcher\Launcher.ini and the Gruvy\Visualizer\Visualizer.ini skins, you have this time to work with the SolidColor=0,0,0,1 option of their [BCKG] and [MeterBG] meters, as the case. Replace these SolidColors with the desired color.
  • The background of the Gruvy\Player\Player.ini skin is set through the Filling option of its [BG] meter: Filling=22 | 0,0,0,10;0.0 | #GruvyPink#,35;0.7 | #GruvyBlue#,25;1.0. Replace the above red-colored values with the desired values (as described above, on the previous backgrounds).
  • The background of both, the Gruvy\Settings\PlayerSettings.ini and Gruvy\Settings\Settings.ini skins are already not-transparent.
As you can see, how many skins, so many settings, to set a different background color. The whole package looks to be messed up, at least from this point of view. Me personally (but this is definitely ONLY my own opinion), hate this kind of skins, which have so many ways to deal with a setting, like this time the background color.
themeiscool

Post by themeiscool »

balala wrote: June 14th, 2022, 8:09 pm Also have no virus problems.
To control the transparency of backgrounds, you have to manually change a few settings in all (or almost all) of skins. For instance:
  • The background of the Gruvy\Calendar\LuaCalendar.ini skin seems to be controlled by the SolidColor option of the [Rainmeter] section of the @Resources\Styles\#Style#\Variables.inc file (where #Style# is a variable controlled by have no idea what...). Replace the existing SoldColor=0,0,0,1 option of [Rainmeter] section of all five previously mentioned files, with the desired color.
  • To set a background for the Gruvy\Dash\Gruvy.ini skin, you have to replace a few numeric values in the Fading option of the [MeterBG] meter. The values you have to work with are the red values here: Fading=22 | 0,0,0,1;0.0 | #GruvyPink#,35;0.7 | #GruvyBlue#,15;1.0. Increase these values, for less transparencies, however I think the rewrite of the GruvyPink and GruvyBlue variables may also be needed.
  • Same way, to set a less transparent background for the Gruvy\KBD\KBD.ini skin, replace the same transparency controlling values from the Fading option of the [BackGround] meter of the above file: Fading=22 | 0,0,0,15;0.0 | #GruvyPink#,75;0.7 | #GruvyBlue#,25;1.0.
  • To set a not-transparent background for the Gruvy\Launcher\Launcher.ini and the Gruvy\Visualizer\Visualizer.ini skins, you have this time to work with the SolidColor=0,0,0,1 option of their [BCKG] and [MeterBG] meters, as the case. Replace these SolidColors with the desired color.
  • The background of the Gruvy\Player\Player.ini skin is set through the Filling option of its [BG] meter: Filling=22 | 0,0,0,10;0.0 | #GruvyPink#,35;0.7 | #GruvyBlue#,25;1.0. Replace the above red-colored values with the desired values (as described above, on the previous backgrounds).
  • The background of both, the Gruvy\Settings\PlayerSettings.ini and Gruvy\Settings\Settings.ini skins are already not-transparent.
As you can see, how many skins, so many settings, to set a different background color. The whole package looks to be messed up, at least from this point of view. Me personally (but this is definitely ONLY my own opinion), hate this kind of skins, which have so many ways to deal with a setting, like this time the background color.

Thank-you so much!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

themeiscool wrote: June 15th, 2022, 12:30 pm Thank-you so much!
Did I help?