It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:21 pm

VirtualDesktop11: Shows the name of the current Windows 11 Virtual Desktop

Skins that monitor system information
scash

VirtualDesktop11: Shows the name of the current Windows 11 Virtual Desktop

Post by scash »

I've been trying to use the Virtual Desktop function in Windows 11 to stay organized. I'm not sure how well it's going to work, but one thing I was frustrated with was I was never certain which desktop I was on, so I would have to click the desktop switching thingy, which causes all the windows to display, and then exit from that view. Pain in the butt.

There's a plugin solution by RadAd available for Windows 10 here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=39851&hilit=virtual+desktop#p203666
I tried to edit the source to use the proper GUID's for Windows 11, but couldn't get it to work.

Anyway, I eventually found a way to do it using Rainmeter's built in Registry measure.

Make sure you change your Virtual Desktop names by hitting that stupid windows app button (two squares on top of each other), then right clicking on your desktop and selecting Rename.

The skin I've included uses the same font Windows 11 uses for default: Segoe UI Variable.
I'm using it next to the taskbar and have it set to Stay Topmost. It's the only way to have it on the taskbar. If this doesn't work for you you can change it by right clicking and going to Settings > Position

This could probably be helpful for users trying to make sure their skins are only on certain virtual desktops, idk.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.