It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:38 pm

Market Prices

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Market Prices

Post by SilverAzide »

FreeRaider wrote: June 8th, 2022, 12:03 pm In my Internet Option applet there is not an option "Use TLS 1.3 (experimental)"
Interesting. Perhaps this is the source of the error. The devs might need to chime in, but I thought I read (either in the docs or mentioned in a thread someplace) that WebParser hooks into Windows APIs or libraries that are essentially those used by IE. So if CNBC is using TLS 1.3, perhaps this is why both IE and WebParser can't hit that site.

If you open a PowerShell prompt and enter the command:

Code: Select all

Invoke-WebRequest -Uri "https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/.DJI" -Method Get -OutFile "C:\TEMP\out.html"
(Change the output filename as needed.) Just curious to see if Windows can hit this site this way (via .NET instead of IE).
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
FreeRaider

Post by FreeRaider »

SilverAzide wrote: June 8th, 2022, 2:55 pm Interesting. Perhaps this is the source of the error. The devs might need to chime in, but I thought I read (either in the docs or mentioned in a thread someplace) that WebParser hooks into Windows APIs or libraries that are essentially those used by IE. So if CNBC is using TLS 1.3, perhaps this is why both IE and WebParser can't hit that site.

If you open a PowerShell prompt and enter the command:

Code: Select all

Invoke-WebRequest -Uri "https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/.DJI" -Method Get -OutFile "C:\TEMP\out.html"
(Change the output filename as needed.) Just curious to see if Windows can hit this site this way (via .NET instead of IE).
In my Windows 7 64-bit machine Invoke-WebRequest is an ObjectNotFound: (Invoke-WebRequest:String)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

FreeRaider wrote: June 9th, 2022, 11:26 am In my Windows 7 64-bit machine Invoke-WebRequest is an ObjectNotFound: (Invoke-WebRequest:String)
Ohhh... Windows 7. Maybe that's the problem. ;)
Invoke-WebRequest was added in Powershell 3.0, which came with Windows 8. I was trying to think of different way to test if your machine could hit that site, but I'm out of ideas... maybe it's a topic for another thread.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
parkerh80

Post by parkerh80 »

Hi! I appear to be in the same boat as FreeRaider - I'm still using Windows 7... and I am having the same issues that they are having (Don't have a TLS 1.3 option, Invoke-WebRequest throws an error, etc). Other Skins work for me - Enigma properly fetches the Moon phase, and NOVAWeather properly fetches weather data. IE is un-insatalled on my system, and I instead use either Firefox or Chrome. I can access https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/.DJI from either of these browsers without issue. I have tried re-installing the skin, and leaving all of the default setting as is. However, with all of that, the two default stocks look roughly like:

coming soon.. - (0.00%)
loading.... - (0.00%)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dhruvkharwar

Post by dhruvkharwar »

Mordasius wrote: February 15th, 2021, 1:52 am horizontal-2.jpg

How about this?

You can edit the font size, colours, spacings and a bunch of other stuff in the MarketPrices-Horizontal.ini file. Change HideColoredPrices=0 to HideColoredPrices=1 to toggle the up/down/steady colour for prices.

MarketPrices-Horizontal_150221.rmskin
How can we add the day's change in points and percentage also to be displayed along with the price?
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

dhruvkharwar wrote: June 29th, 2022, 2:19 pm How can we add the day's change in points and percentage also to be displayed along with the price?
I think that is already there in the default skin.
krishnadixit247

Post by krishnadixit247 »

Hi Mordasius,
I installed the latest rainmeter and the latest skin of 'Market Prices' but it shows only 2 rows even after increasing the value of 'CurrentNumStocks' to 'CurrentNumStocks=5'. It keeps showing only 2 rows ever after refreshing / reloading skin.

Moreover, whenever my computer starts, the value of CurrentNumStocks goes back to 2.

My environment is: Windows 10 Pro, version 21H2, OS Build: 19044.1826.

Please help!

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

krishnadixit247 wrote: July 25th, 2022, 12:06 pm It keeps showing only 2 rows ever after refreshing / reloading skin. Moreover, whenever my computer starts, the value of CurrentNumStocks goes back to 2.
What file are you changing the value of 'CurrentNumStocks' to 'CurrentNumStocks=5'? Please be sure you are making the change in "StockSymbols.inc" which you access by right clicking on the skin and then clicking -> Edit Stock Symbols. If you change the value of CurrentNumStocks in MarketPrices.ini the skin will get confused.
krishnadixit247

Post by krishnadixit247 »

Mordasius wrote: July 25th, 2022, 12:14 pm What file are you changing the value of 'CurrentNumStocks' to 'CurrentNumStocks=5'? Please be sure you are making the change in "StockSymbols.inc" which you access by right clicking on the skin and then clicking -> Edit Stock Symbols. If you change the value of CurrentNumStocks in MarketPrices.ini the skin will get confused.
Dumbo Me - My bad :?

Thanks a ton man!!!
vuryal

Post by vuryal »

This is an awesome tool! I love the portfolio look.

Question: I would like to have the "Invested" and "Today's Gain/Loss" columns show as USD with 2 decimal points. I've played around a bit, but I can't quite seem to figure it out. Is there an easy way to do this that I'm missing? I want to see actual versus the rounded (I'm assuming...) amounts.

Again, much kudos!