It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:59 am

Recommend a text box skin please.

General topics related to Rainmeter.
kwc23

Recommend a text box skin please.

Post by kwc23 »

Hello, I'm trying to find a simple customizable text box. I'm trying to display a text ("MUSIC HAVEN") to my music layout desktop with this particular design (https://www.typeroom.eu/assets/original/2020/04/06/8.jpg), with the hex code of #FF69B4 also ideally being animated in a way but it's alright if there are no effects. Sadly, I haven't found anything...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Recommend a text box skin please.

Post by eclectic-tech »

kwc23 wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 2:10 pm Hello, I'm trying to find a simple customizable text box. I'm trying to display a text ("MUSIC HAVEN") to my music layout desktop with this particular design (https://www.typeroom.eu/assets/original/2020/04/06/8.jpg), with the hex code of #FF69B4 also ideally being animated in a way but it's alright if there are no effects. Sadly, I haven't found anything...
Sorry for a late reply, since you couldn't find a similar skin, I will offer an example (although skin requests are frowned on, it is the easiest way to show you how to accomplish a similar effect).

You can create a skin having a similar appearance using a shape meter with a linear gradient fill, a string meter at an angle as a container of the shape gradient, and a "Game Over" font.
gameover.png
Code:

Code: Select all

; ========= Metadata ==========
[Metadata]
Name=
Author=
Information=
; BY=attribution / SA=share-alike / ND=no-derivatives / NC=non-commercial
License=CC BY-SA-NC 3.0
Version=

; ========= Variables ==========
[Variables]
Scaler=1

; ========= Skin Settings ==========
[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1

; ========= Meters ==========
[MeterBack]
DynamicVariables=1
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 1,1,(220*#Scaler#),(190*#Scaler#) | StrokeWidth 2 | Fill Color 0,0,0

MouseScrollUpAction=[!SetVariable Scaler (Clamp(#Scaler#+0.1,0.5,5))][!WriteKeyValue Variables Scaler (Clamp(#Scaler#+0.1,0.5,5))][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
MouseScrollDownAction=[!SetVariable Scaler (Clamp(#Scaler#-0.1,0.5,5))][!WriteKeyValue Variables Scaler (Clamp(#Scaler#-0.1,0.5,5))][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
MiddleMouseUpAction=[!SetVariable Scaler 1][!WriteKeyValue Variables Scaler 1][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]

[MeterContainer]
DynamicVariables=1
Meter=String
X=(30*#Scaler#)
Y=(30*#Scaler#)
W=(260*#Scaler#)
FontFace=Game Over
FontSize=((72*1.4)*#Scaler#)
StringCase=Upper
Text="Game#CRLF#Over"
Angle=(Rad(-6))

[MeterFillGradient]
DynamicVariables=1
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,(220*#Scaler#),(180*#Scaler#) | StrokeWidth 0 | Fill LinearGradient MyGradient
MyGradient=270 | 250,250,40 ; 0.1 | 240,0,0 ; 0.9 
Container=MeterContainer

Here is a package with the font included and a sample skin that will scale (0.5x to 5x) with mouse scroll actions. Middle Mouse button resets to scale to 1x.
GameOver_0.1.rmskin
(5.83 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
kwc23

Post by kwc23 »

Thank you! I am sort of a beginner at rainmeter so I'll try to learn what goes in the code and figure out how to manage and fit it to my needs. :D
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

kwc23 wrote: June 6th, 2022, 6:08 am Thank you! I am sort of a beginner at rainmeter so I'll try to learn what goes in the code and figure out how to manage and fit it to my needs. :D
:thumbup: That's how we all started! Feel free to ask if you have any problems adapting the code.