It is currently April 19th, 2024, 5:12 pm

[Off-topic] Help me buy a gaming console?

Topics unrelated to Rainmeter.
alexis92

[Off-topic] Help me buy a gaming console?

Post by alexis92 »

Hey everyone! First of all, it has been a great experience on this forum. Sorry that this isn't strictly Rainmeter related but I'm running out of options so I thought might as well try my luck!

I'm sorry if this is being posted on the wrong subforum, I'm still kinda new to this :) Getting into it, the title says it all really, I've been looking into buying one of the current-gen consoles for my nephew whose birthday is coming up (he's turning 13) and unlike me, he's into the newer stuff. The answer I'm sure all of you are thinking is "just get him a ps5" Well, I don't have that kind of money right now :rolmfao: Now I'm quite a simpleton so obviously, the first thing I did was google it. To give you an idea of the ones I saw, here's one of the pages I visited [link removed]. However, I'm hoping to get an expert opinion on the matter, If you guys gave any good recommendations and maybe some Pros and Cons that would be really helpful!
Last edited by alexis92 on May 25th, 2022, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CyberTheWorm

Re: [Home automation] Help me buy a gaming console?

Post by CyberTheWorm »

At that age I would go for a switch , but it really depends on what games he plays
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
alexis92

Re: [Home automation] Help me buy a gaming console?

Post by alexis92 »

CyberTheWorm wrote: May 21st, 2022, 8:31 pm At that age I would go for a switch , but it really depends on what games he plays
I want to keep it a little PG-13, If he wants to buy any games a little more M-rated later on that's up to him, but with my gift, I'd rather keep it kid-friendly. A switch does seem like a good option.
Last edited by alexis92 on May 25th, 2022, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alexis92

Re: [Off-topic] Help me buy a gaming console?

Post by alexis92 »

Somplet wrote: May 24th, 2022, 12:15 pm 1. I have an Xbox One that was given to me at Christmas time. It's not working well, even though I've done my best to get it fixed. So I'm looking around for other options and this is what I came across. I'd like to hear your thoughts.
2. This is a question to get some feedback from fellow users. I want to know if anyone has any recommendations on the following items.
A nice mid-range controller (I already got myself a PS4 Dualshock 4)
A good headset
A good microphone
Some kind of speaker system
An HDMI cable
A USB cable
And maybe a couple of games that can run on this setup?
Thank you for reading!
Not much of an Xbox fan myself, mainly because I've run into problems (red rings etc.) in the past.
To answer your questions, I couldn't tell you about microphones or speakers however, the new Dualsense I've heard is a top-of-the-line controller that's good for Pc gaming too. and a game to test out your setup, headset included, is probably 'Hellblade: Senua's sacrifice'.