It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:26 pm

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.8.2

Post by raiguard »

Long overdue, I've put out a patch to fix the Weather Meter bug, along with better detection of NVIDIA GPUs.

A rewrite of CPU Meter for Alder Lake CPUs is coming... eventually.

Code: Select all

v1.8.2 - 2022-4-7
  Fixed:
    - [GPU Meter] NVIDIA was not being auto-detected in all cases (#273)
    - [Weather Meter] Updated Weather.com API key (#274)
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
grendahl

Post by grendahl »

Just installed, and the disks meter issues have indeed been resolved, thank you for that!

However, the GPU Meter is now reporting that HWInfo isn't installed, but it is, and was working fine on the previous version.
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

There was an HWinfo update, refreshing the gadget fixed mine.
---
Once up a time there was a now playing signature here. Now it is no more. Maybe someone can make a now playing sig gen for Last.fm? :thumbup:
grendahl

Post by grendahl »

Ended up having to add rainmeter to the exceptions list for controlled folder access. Now it looks like it'll work as soon as I get the sensors mapped.
indoorjetpacks

Post by indoorjetpacks »

Made an account to post about an issue getting HWInfo setup even after following the tutorial, did some more digging and sorted it out!

Quick PSA if you're having issues and also use a "peculiar" user setup like mine with a regular user and an administrator user - looks like HWInfo's gadget data is stored in registry for HKCU as seen in the HWInfo.ini:

Parameter=reg query HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\HWiNFO64\VSB

The easiest way that I found to fix it was when you launch HWInfo, do an admin authentication as the regular user instead (on the User Account Control popup, click More Choices>[your regular user] and login with that). EDIT: Looks like I also had to, in HWInfo Settings, enable "Show Sensors on Startup" in addition to "Minimize Sensors on Startup"
I suppose the other solution is running Rainmeter elevated, but that's sort of six of one vs half dozen of the other IMO. (Especially since HWInfo doesn't auto start for my machine even though it's enabled, probably due to a permissions/user account issue again /shrug)

Checking out HWInfo's forums yielded this discussion: https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/registry-access.7631/, which seems like it's ended up seen as a headache for breaking existing skins for changing anything, and a moot point since HWInfo needs admin access to begin with.
Jinx

Re: ModernGadgets 1.5.0

Post by Jinx »

raiguard wrote: March 27th, 2019, 7:04 pm You can customize the date/time formats through the settings skin that he screenshotted. I assume that is what he did.

By default, Chronometer will use the Windows regional settings for the date/time formats (you can change these formats through the Windows settings app). However, I added an option to override these using the Rainmeter time codes.
Hi

I have the same issue with the day of the week not showing up (just the date is showing as May 12, 2022). I will go check the Windows settings but I would prefer to use these Rainmeter time codes you mentioned. Can you be more specific on how and where to make these code modifications? Thank you.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Jinx wrote: May 12th, 2022, 9:50 pm Hi

I have the same issue with the day of the week not showing up (just the date is showing as May 12, 2022). I will go check the Windows settings but I would prefer to use these Rainmeter time codes you mentioned. Can you be more specific on how and where to make these code modifications? Thank you.
Click the wrench icon and select Chronometer settings.
Clock.png

Change the Date Format setting to Custom. Change the format to %A, %b %#d, %Y, or whatever you prefer.
Settings.png

More info on date format codes can be found here: Format Codes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

SilverAzide wrote: May 12th, 2022, 10:16 pm Click the wrench icon and select Chronometer settings.Clock.png

Change the Date Format setting to Custom. Change the format to %A, %b %#d, %Y, or whatever you prefer.Settings.png

More info on date format codes can be found here: Format Codes.
I must have installed something wrong because I don't have those custom options available to use.
Screenshot 2022-05-13 013136.png
When I clicked the Chronometer wrench, it opens the Chronometer Settings window and I don't have the other options to possibly choose (Global settings, HWiNFO settings, and Gadget manager) and I do have HWiNFO installed. Not sure if this is a symptom of what I have installed incorrectly.

I'm using Rainmeter 4.5.13.3632 and Gadgets 7.3.0. The problem exists in Windows 10 and 11.

Since you mentioned the Date Format Codes, I checked that out and figured out that a manual update of the Format in the Digital Clock.INI can fix the issue I am having as given below.

[MeasureDate]
Measure=Time
TimeZone=#TzOffset#
DaylightSavingTime=#UseDST#
FormatLocale=#LocaleName#
Format=%A, %B %#d, %Y
;Format=#FmtLongDate#

I would like to have that robust Format Customization to make life easier since that would work if I ever have to start over again and I'm sure I will have forgotten what I did manually to the INI file.

Thoughts on why my setup is so different that I don't have the customization options?

Thanks for your time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Jinx wrote: May 13th, 2022, 5:57 am I must have installed something wrong because I don't have those custom options available to use.
Screenshot 2022-05-13 013136.png

When I clicked the Chronometer wrench, it opens the Chronometer Settings window and I don't have the other options to possibly choose (Global settings, HWiNFO settings, and Gadget manager) and I do have HWiNFO installed. Not sure if this is a symptom of what I have installed incorrectly.

I'm using Rainmeter 4.5.13.3632 and Gadgets 7.3.0. The problem exists in Windows 10 and 11.

Since you mentioned the Date Format Codes, I checked that out and figured out that a manual update of the Format in the Digital Clock.INI can fix the issue I am having as given below.

[MeasureDate]
Measure=Time
TimeZone=#TzOffset#
DaylightSavingTime=#UseDST#
FormatLocale=#LocaleName#
Format=%A, %B %#d, %Y
;Format=#FmtLongDate#

I would like to have that robust Format Customization to make life easier since that would work if I ever have to start over again and I'm sure I will have forgotten what I did manually to the INI file.

Thoughts on why my setup is so different that I don't have the customization options?

Thanks for your time.
The problem is that you posted your question in the wrong thread. This is the ModernGadgets thread, so I assumed you were using that suite. You are using the Gadgets suite, so the instructions are different.

Normally, the Chronometer should select the correct display using your Windows locale settings. To override this setting, uncheck the Use Windows Regional Settings option. Next, navigate to the folder where your Gadgets are installed (normally, this is C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Gadgets, unless you have changed the default location). In the @Resources folder, open the ChronometerVariables.inc file with Notepad or your preferred editor. Locate the following section of code:

; digital clock formatting (see: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/time)
;
; the following variables are set based on Windows Regional Settings; do not change unless the
; "Use Windows Regional Settings" option is unchecked in the Chronometer Settings skin
;
FmtClock="%#I:%M"
FmtLongDate="%A, %b %#d, %Y"
Change the FmtLongDate variable to the format string you want. One warning: the format string you posted above uses "%B" for the month. If you use this code, the full month name will be displayed, which will be too long to fit in the space provided when the month names are longer. It is up to you however.

If/When you upgrade your Gadgets someday in the future, your settings will be preserved, so you won't lose the changes you make to the variables.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

SilverAzide wrote: May 13th, 2022, 7:33 pm The problem is that you posted your question in the wrong thread. This is the ModernGadgets thread, so I assumed you were using that suite. You are using the Gadgets suite, so the instructions are different.

Normally, the Chronometer should select the correct display using your Windows locale settings. To override this setting, uncheck the Use Windows Regional Settings option. Next, navigate to the folder where your Gadgets are installed (normally, this is C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Gadgets, unless you have changed the default location). In the @Resources folder, open the ChronometerVariables.inc file with Notepad or your preferred editor. Locate the following section of code:

; digital clock formatting (see: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/time)
;
; the following variables are set based on Windows Regional Settings; do not change unless the
; "Use Windows Regional Settings" option is unchecked in the Chronometer Settings skin
;
FmtClock="%#I:%M"
FmtLongDate="%A, %b %#d, %Y"
Change the FmtLongDate variable to the format string you want. One warning: the format string you posted above uses "%B" for the month. If you use this code, the full month name will be displayed, which will be too long to fit in the space provided when the month names are longer. It is up to you however.

If/When you upgrade your Gadgets someday in the future, your settings will be preserved, so you won't lose the changes you make to the variables.
Thank you for the information. It hadn't occurred to me there was two similarly named skins. This forum happen to be the one that came up when I googled for information. I appreciate your taking the time to answer the question even while I was in the wrong forum.