It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:26 am

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 7.3.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: April 17th, 2022, 8:19 pm Hi back again and (sorry) another issue (repeating issue that always seemed to fix itself before and/or I could offset the issue using the 'old' modern gadgets version ...)

Anyways. Clipboard meter will work for some time, then randomly (and I cannot track down exactly when it happens) stop recording clipboard items until I refresh the meter. (which by this time is prob too late for what I was using it for)

I used to bypass this problem by just using the old modern gadgets version, with it set at 100% transparency perfectly snapped in place above/in-front of the new one the new one (with new one set for click though) and it worked fine (it would display the proper items, and would retrieve clipboard items from the old version sitting in front of it but 'invisible')

Anyways I hate to keep bugging you guys about this suite of gadgets cuz they are the best at what they do(IE hence why i keep using them) and look great, but the clipboard one having these issues(and my old 'trick' no longer working) was hoping someone could track down the problem(or know what is happening here)
The Gadgets and old ModernGadgets Clipboard Meter are essentially identical other than styling. So it's no surprise if there is a problem with one or the other. The problem with these (and pretty much any Rainmeter-based clipboard skin, and probably the reason why raiguard dropped it from his ModernGadgets suite) is that these skins all use the same plugin to handle the clipboard. This plugin has never worked well and the original author has long-since abandoned it. No other plugin exists, to my knowledge.

So, unfortunately, I have to say that there is no fix. There is nothing I can do to fix the flaky behavior. It is what it is. If it is not working dependably for you, then your best bet is to find a non-Rainmeter based alternative, because any Rainmeter skin is just going to have the same issues as these. Even Windows has a decent clipboard history now in Win 10 and later, which you can access with Win+V.

Sorry about this! :( I wish I had better news for you....
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

hmm is it possible to write a gadget that simply reads and displays(And allows clicks to cycle what is top of clipboard) or is that essentially what this already does?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: April 19th, 2022, 10:05 pm hmm is it possible to write a gadget that simply reads and displays(And allows clicks to cycle what is top of clipboard) or is that essentially what this already does?
Yes, that's what the plugin does. It also keeps its own stack of the last "n" things copied to the clipboard (it doesn't use Windows 10's clipboard history, as that didn't exist when the plugin was created).
Solkrieg

Post by Solkrieg »

Hello SilverAzide,

I woke up this morning to suddenly have my Top CPU Meter, Top RAM Meter, Top GPU Meter, and Top IO Meter all not reading any information off, but the graphs still seem to work. The CPU Meter is completely broken and does not read any information off (it does list the correct type of processor and core count, just no live info), and the Drive Meter is reading 100% on all drives. The gadgets that still work are the weather meter, GPU meter, and Network Meter (at least that I use). Strangely enough, nothing has changed (not even a windows update) between yesterday and today.

Troubleshooting steps I've taken:
Updated to your latest release of Gadgets
Updated HWINFO
Updated Rainmeter

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Solkrieg wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 1:20 pm Hello SilverAzide,

I woke up this morning to suddenly have my Top CPU Meter, Top RAM Meter, Top GPU Meter, and Top IO Meter all not reading any information off, but the graphs still seem to work. The CPU Meter is completely broken and does not read any information off (it does list the correct type of processor and core count, just no live info), and the Drive Meter is reading 100% on all drives. The gadgets that still work are the weather meter, GPU meter, and Network Meter (at least that I use). Strangely enough, nothing has changed (not even a windows update) between yesterday and today.

Troubleshooting steps I've taken:
Updated to your latest release of Gadgets
Updated HWINFO
Updated Rainmeter

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
Hello! I'm glad you updated to the latest Gadgets, but all those things you tried won't help. You appear to have all the classic symptoms of a corrupted Performance Counters database. It's nothing you did... it just happens sometimes. Check out the "How To" wiki:

HOW TO: Fix your Performance Counters database
Solkrieg

Post by Solkrieg »

SilverAzide wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 5:34 pm Hello! I'm glad you updated to the latest Gadgets, but all those things you tried won't help. You appear to have all the classic symptoms of a corrupted Performance Counters database. It's nothing you did... it just happens sometimes. Check out the "How To" wiki:

Thank you so much, this worked for me! Refreshing didn't work but a reboot did afterwords as the insturctions did note.

I've been using your gadgets skin for many years, thank you so much for continuing to maintain and help with errors along the way!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Solkrieg wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 5:52 pm Thank you so much, this worked for me! Refreshing didn't work but a reboot did afterwords as the insturctions did note.

I've been using your gadgets skin for many years, thank you so much for continuing to maintain and help with errors along the way!
Thank you! Glad you are enjoying the Gadgets!
turminalillness

Post by turminalillness »

SilverAzide wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 5:34 pm Hello! I'm glad you updated to the latest Gadgets, but all those things you tried won't help. You appear to have all the classic symptoms of a corrupted Performance Counters database. It's nothing you did... it just happens sometimes. Check out the "How To" wiki:

The solution you offered worked for me as well, thanks! In case it helps somehow, my Performance Counters database was corrupted by a BIOS update.

I've been using Gadgets since v1 and this is very first time I had one "break". I'm looking forward to trying the new "Alien" style meters. Do you have a Patreon or some way to accept donations to your projects?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

turminalillness wrote: May 5th, 2022, 5:41 pm The solution you offered worked for me as well, thanks! In case it helps somehow, my Performance Counters database was corrupted by a BIOS update.

I've been using Gadgets since v1 and this is very first time I had one "break". I'm looking forward to trying the new "Alien" style meters. Do you have a Patreon or some way to accept donations to your projects?
Glad you are enjoying the Gadgets, and thanks for the kind words! I don't have a Patreon or anything, but if you'd like to make a donation, perhaps you can donate something to the Alzheimer's Association. Those folks need the money a lot more than I do. Thanks!
provato

Post by provato »

Hi!

I have a problem with the button "List HWiNFO Indexes" at the "All CPU Meter Settings". It simply does nothing and the rainmeter log shows the following error:

Script: Settings.lua:349: attempt to index local 'file' (a nil value)

...and there is no "HWiNFOIndexList.txt" file in the @Resources folder. It's not created at all.

The button below it ("Edit HWiNFO Settings") works perfectly fine and opens HWiNFO.inc in notepad++.

I am no expert at lua scripting, but it seems the .txt file is not being written for some reason... I'd appreciate some help to make this button work, thanks