It is currently April 20th, 2024, 9:33 am

Adjust Mic Volume Level?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Adjust Mic Volume Level?

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: May 4th, 2022, 7:07 amSo should be OK to use Roundline meter as before?
Actually, it should be easier now, just referencing Input/Output-Volume measures in the Roundline meter should work (if you add a MinValue and MaxValue to the measures as well, I reckon). They aren't numerical measures, but their string value is the same as their numerical one and it's a plain number, no other characters included (which is another reason why I left them like that, apart from the similarly named variables also needing to be plain numbers in formulas). ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Thank you for solving this! You really don't let go do you?! :lol:

I managed to integrate all the input code, swapping out the old stuff, managing to get the Roundline bar working too. I've also managed to get the icon to change on mute using an IfCondition. Only problem I'm having is changing the meter for InputVolume to display correctly on an IfFalseCondition. But I'll have to post the code I have tomorrow, its gotten late here.
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: May 4th, 2022, 9:20 pmThank you for solving this! You really don't let go do you?! :lol:
No, not really. :lol: The only problem with me is motivation: I have to start liking the topic and be challenged by it. The former came in time here, and rating the task as "doomed to failure" certainly did the latter recently. There is always a solution, and this time it was an illusion that allowed both the man and machine work in the rhythm they preferred, much like creating the impression of motion by quickly iterating over a set of still frames.
sl23 wrote: May 4th, 2022, 9:20 pmOnly problem I'm having is changing the meter for InputVolume to display correctly on an IfFalseCondition. But I'll have to post the code I have tomorrow, its gotten late here.
Not sure why you'd need an IfCondition to display a plain volume value, but if you say so, you probably have a reason. We'll see tomorrow what's all this about, but as a possibly related cause, I avoided placing too many [!Update] bangs or specifically update things via [!UpdateMeasure ...] in order to avoid running the Powershell commands more often than optimal. But then, your issue might have nothing to do with it, after all.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

The former came in time here, and rating the task as "doomed to failure" certainly did the latter recently. 
Are you saying that I made you do it! O.O :lol:

Well, it may be due to using Update bangs I added? I'm using the IfCondition that I used in the revious version, it changes the mic volume number value to 'Muted' and back to number value again. Obviously when you mute/unmute. Works OK until you mute then unmute. Ah, I just thought, I've commented out the Input Mute meter, perhaps that's the cause. Will take a look this evening...
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: May 5th, 2022, 8:00 am...it changes the mic volume number value to 'Muted' and back to number value again...
Well, technically, as far as Windows presents it, the volume number stays the same on mute or unmute actions (which is quite logical when you think about it, since it would take ages to get back from 0 or -1 to say 97 as volume percentage), and only the state changes. The previous versions of the skins altered the numerical display of the volume to the "Mute" string, but that is not entirely correct, IMHO, since as I said (and you can see it too, in the related Windows settings) that level stays the same irrespective of the mute state. Bottom line, there's no need to operate changes or update on the measures at all, only on the meters, and even when doing the latter, a "greyed out" / "translucent" / "unbolded" display of the numerical value when muted should be much more in line with what actually happens when toggling the mute state (apart from having a different measure / meter that displays both the string mute state or the numerical volume value). After all, if you set the displayed value to "mute" from the usual number, you'll never know what the volume level will be when you unmute it, right? This could be inconvenient if, for example, you'd expect an either lower or higher level in such cases. Anyway, that's just my opinion about it, you do as you wish.

It wasn't you per se who challenged me, it was the expression / attitude of defeat and the idea that the task is impossible. That almost always triggers me, so to speak, since I know for a fact that winning and possible things are always within our grasp - it only depends on how much we want them.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

I do see your point and honestly, I considered that when I designed the original layout of the skin. The reason I decided to show Muted, is because there is a Roundline meter showing the current volume, which isn't hidden at any time. This obviously doesn't give an exact value, but does let the user know the rough value so as not to be 'suprised' by high volumes when unmuting.

I don't think I'm going to get time this evening to look at it, maybe tomorrow.
It wasn't you per se who challenged me, it was the expression / attitude of defeat...
Um... I was just kidding! :rosegift:

I'm the same, I don't like letting things go and have to find solutions, but here, I have very little ability to do so! Hence why I keep coming back to the topic. Trouble is, sometimes people think I'm being pushy, but it's just cos I'm like a dog with a bone lol
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: May 5th, 2022, 4:36 pmTrouble is, sometimes people think I'm being pushy, but it's just cos I'm like a dog with a bone lol
You, pushy? What about me? :rofl:
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Lol difference is you're pushing to be helpful ;-) :thumbup:
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: May 5th, 2022, 8:54 pmLol difference is you're pushing to be helpful ;-) :thumbup:
Or, I'm helpful because I'm pushing ... depends on the angle you're looking this from. I wonder, which was the first, the push or the help? That is the question... and now I'm getting phylosophical and sh*t, haha! :???:
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Hmm... Chicken and egg situation! Well, only you know the answer in this case :Whistle
I'm getting phylosophical and sh*t, haha! 
don't get me started! :oops: :lol:
- MuLab -