It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:06 pm

illustro Extended is crashing Rainmeter

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Kozza

illustro Extended is crashing Rainmeter

Post by Kozza »

Hello,

I recently updated windows (2022-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5011831) haha yes I know!)

Now, for some reason, HarleyGorillason's Illustro Extended skin crashes Rainmeter (v4.5.7 & v4.5.13) but only when I load in the CPU Core.ini files. Before the update, everything was running perfectly.

I have uninstalled Rainmeter and then reinstalled a few times, a clean Rainmeter install will run with the default Illustro skin. Once I try to load the CPU Core 6.ini it crashes, and when I manually delete the Illustro Extended skin folder from documents, it'll work again albeit with the default skin.

I'm just wondering if it has anything to do with the PowerPlugin.dll or if it's user error somewhere, and if you guys might have any suggestions or an updated PowerPlugin.dll that will help me get this running like it used to?

Thanks
-Kozza-
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: illustro Extended is crashing Rainmeter

Post by SilverAzide »

Kozza wrote: May 4th, 2022, 6:32 am Hello,

I recently updated windows (2022-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5011831) haha yes I know!)

Now, for some reason, HarleyGorillason's Illustro Extended skin crashes Rainmeter (v4.5.7 & v4.5.13) but only when I load in the CPU Core.ini files. Before the update, everything was running perfectly.

I have uninstalled Rainmeter and then reinstalled a few times, a clean Rainmeter install will run with the default Illustro skin. Once I try to load the CPU Core 6.ini it crashes, and when I manually delete the Illustro Extended skin folder from documents, it'll work again albeit with the default skin.

I'm just wondering if it has anything to do with the PowerPlugin.dll or if it's user error somewhere, and if you guys might have any suggestions or an updated PowerPlugin.dll that will help me get this running like it used to?

Thanks
-Kozza-
It's not you... Try this: PSA: April 2022 Windows Update(s?) Crashing Rainmeter.
Kozza

Re: illustro Extended is crashing Rainmeter

Post by Kozza »

Thank you very much SilverAzide!

Everything is working once again after rebuilding the performance counter settings.

Thanks again.
-Kozza-