It is currently April 25th, 2024, 1:44 am

Rainmeter appears atop of other windows

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
jn_meter

Rainmeter appears atop of other windows

Post by jn_meter »

Hi all

I have Rainmeter set to run on boot. When it runs on boot, and I have a window maximized, Rainmeter appears atop the window. Minimizing the window and then re-maximising it fixes the problem. Is there a fix? I find Rainmeter invaluable, but this bug does irritate (especially since I have other problems at boot, in that, for one thing, a quirk of my motherboard means that I have to press F1 in order to load Windows).

Here are some relevant details.

Windows 10 Pro - 21H2 (2009: 19044).

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
AlwaysOnTop=2
BackgroundMode=1
LoadOrder=-1
SkinHeight=80
Update=1000
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter appears atop of other windows

Post by balala »

jn_meter wrote: April 30th, 2022, 12:05 pm I have Rainmeter set to run on boot. When it runs on boot, and I have a window maximized, Rainmeter appears atop the window. Minimizing the window and then re-maximising it fixes the problem. Is there a fix?
I noticed this a few times as well, but I don't think this really is a problem. As you said, minimizing and maximizing the window, or simply clicking it (no matter if maximized or not), usually fix this, so me personally at least don't think it worth dealing with this.
jn_meter

Post by jn_meter »

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately though I do happen to have many an annoyance at boot (though only the one owing to Rainmeter).

PS: The annoyances are as follows. My PC makes me press F1 to boot, because it refuses to recognise the motherboard fan. Then there's a silly, irremovable UEFI error message. Then, sometimes - after some Windows updates - my VPN connection is broken and needs repairing. Occasionally - again due to updates - sometimes my video driver doesn't work. A new PC might fix some of these things (or moving to Linux, but I need one Windows PC), but, in the meantime, I'd rather not have Rainmeter cause me a bit of extra hassle!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

jn_meter wrote: April 30th, 2022, 5:28 pm Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately though I do happen to have many an annoyance at boot (though only the one owing to Rainmeter).

PS: The annoyances are as follows. My PC makes me press F1 to boot, because it refuses to recognise the motherboard fan. Then there's a silly, irremovable UEFI error message. Then, sometimes - after some Windows updates - my VPN connection is broken and needs repairing. Occasionally - again due to updates - sometimes my video driver doesn't work. A new PC might fix some of these things (or moving to Linux, but I need one Windows PC), but, in the meantime, I'd rather not have Rainmeter cause me a bit of extra hassle!
What happens if you set AlwaysOnTop=-2?
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
jn_meter

Post by jn_meter »

What happens if you set AlwaysOnTop=-2?
So far - which is without rebooting - nothing; all is as it should be, i.e. (for this is what I want), the skin in on what we might call the desktop layer, and super-db does not hide the skin. I'll see what rebooting does, and report here.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jn_meter wrote: April 30th, 2022, 5:28 pm PS: The annoyances are as follows. My PC makes me press F1 to boot, because it refuses to recognise the motherboard fan. Then there's a silly, irremovable UEFI error message. Then, sometimes - after some Windows updates - my VPN connection is broken and needs repairing. Occasionally - again due to updates - sometimes my video driver doesn't work. A new PC might fix some of these things (or moving to Linux, but I need one Windows PC), but, in the meantime, I'd rather not have Rainmeter cause me a bit of extra hassle!
Probably a reinstall of Windows might help, however this is not something related to Rainmeter, so no recommendations at least from my part. :confused:
jn_meter

Post by jn_meter »

Initial testing suggests the following. The problem was between keyboard and chair; AlwaysOnTop=-2 works. (Here's a link to the relevant bit of the manual.)