It is currently April 18th, 2024, 9:31 pm

Error message "No skins available at C:\\Users\MYNAME\Music\OneDrive\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\

General topics related to Rainmeter.
JonPeyton

Re: Error message "No skins available at C:\\Users\MYNAME\Music\OneDrive\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\

Post by JonPeyton »

LOOOOOng time user thanking you for this seemingly basic solution! :confused:

JP
EVGA Z790 Classified
INTEL i9 13900KS
RTX 4090 24GB (Gigabyte)
64GB Corsair Dominator RAM @ 6000MHz
2 Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (System/Gaming)
2 10TB Seagate 7500 RPM (Stuff)
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Error message "No skins available at C:\\Users\MYNAME\Music\OneDrive\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\

Post by jsmorley »

JonPeyton wrote: March 9th, 2020, 1:19 am LOOOOOng time user thanking you for this seemingly basic solution! :confused:

JP
There cannot be a folder C:\\Users\, it has to be C:\Users\
snatoo

Post by snatoo »

Can anybody help me with this? When I try to download rainmeter after the normal procedure it tells me ""No skins available at C:\\Users\MYNAME\Music\OneDrive\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\" and I've tried to fix it by following what the forums say but either it didn't work or i didn't understand it correctly. Please
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

snatoo wrote: April 30th, 2022, 2:08 pm Can anybody help me with this? When I try to download rainmeter after the normal procedure it tells me ""No skins available at C:\\Users\MYNAME\Music\OneDrive\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\" and I've tried to fix it by following what the forums say but either it didn't work or i didn't understand it correctly. Please
Post your "About" version info as described above. 👆 You have somehow (probably with OneDrive's "help") gotten your default Documents path and default Music paths all messed up, and now Rainmeter is looking in the wrong places. Some info on how to manually change these is here (one of many sites with this info), but these instructions don't take OneDrive into account, as OneDrive moves all these locations to a folder that is synced with your MS account in the cloud. If you are using a corporate machine where there is a group policy forcing the locations, you will not be able to change the location. In this case, you will want to change where Rainmeter looks for skin files by changing the SkinPath variable in Rainmeter.ini.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

snatoo wrote: April 30th, 2022, 2:08 pm Can anybody help me with this? When I try to download rainmeter after the normal procedure it tells me ""No skins available at C:\\Users\MYNAME\Music\OneDrive\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\" and I've tried to fix it by following what the forums say but either it didn't work or i didn't understand it correctly. Please
Move the Skins folder from OneDrive to a non-OneDrive location, because Rainmeter has a conflict if the skins are there: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=202569#p202568