It is currently April 19th, 2024, 12:02 pm

Rainmeter Mouse Cursor Clock

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter Mouse Cursor Clock

Post by eclectic-tech »

bobbo5 wrote: April 26th, 2022, 6:03 pm Balala - THANKS = that cursor clock is exactly what my situation looks like on my desktop. I went into Programs and Features and could not find any reference to the application Clock Cursor anywhere.

As best I can recall, I actually clicked on something within Rainmeter to make this stupid clock cursor appear on my desktop cursor and now I can't find how to undo what it was I did?

But now at least everyone has an idea and a picture of what my curson looks like with the annoying clock attached to it... Thanks for the partcial find.
You say this looks exactly like what you see on your cursor, so Cursor Clock is NOT a Rainmeter skin. It is a separate app that you can control using the info from that site. This picture desribes how to uninstall or exit the app:
cursorclock.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bobbo5

Post by bobbo5 »

OK - Team, I did as suggested.
1. closed out Rainmeter from the desktop
2. clock went away from my cursor - YEA!!!
3. All of my Raintree events, of course, also went away
4. Rebooted my machine and of course Raintree came back up and so did my mouse cursor clock
5. I also checked my Control Panel/Programs and Features & there is no cursor clock or clock cursor application to be deleted
6. I really do think that there is a "Rainmeter" cursor clock skin out there - but I can't for the life of me, figure out where it is and how to turn it off?
7. Maybe I have to totally REMOVE Rainmeter from my machine, see if that kills the cursor clock and then re-install Rainmeter? Is that my only last and reasonabl choice left?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

bobbo5 wrote: April 26th, 2022, 9:19 pm OK - Team, I did as suggested.
3. All of my Raintree events, of course, also went away
4. Rebooted my machine and of course Raintree came back up and so did my mouse cursor clock
5. I also checked my Control Panel/Programs and Features & there is no cursor clock or clock cursor application to be deleted
6. I really do think that there is a "Rainmeter" cursor clock skin out there - but I can't for the life of me, figure out where it is and how to turn it off?
7. Maybe I have to totally REMOVE Rainmeter from my machine, see if that kills the cursor clock and then re-install Rainmeter? Is that my only last and reasonabl choice left?
You do not have to remove all of Rainmeter, you only need to "Unload" each "active" skin using the !Manage dialog. After unloading each one, check if the cursor clock disappears. When the cursor clock disappears, the last skin you unloaded is the one that created the clock.
activeskins.png
Now load back the skins you do want to display. If you unloaded all Rainmeter skins and the cursor clock is still displayed, then it is NOT a Rainmmeter skin and you would need to find out what program is generating it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

bobbo5 wrote: April 26th, 2022, 9:19 pm OK - Team, I did as suggested.
To be honest, I'm extremely - extremely surprised if that's a Rainmeter skin. But who knows?
Follow eclectic-tech's advice about unloading the skins one by one. If you succeed in figuring out which skin is the one in cause, please post its name at least (or even a link where you did download it would be nice, if you still know). I'd like extremely much to check it.