It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:33 pm

today-forecast of weather skin changes hours too late

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
stagfish

today-forecast of weather skin changes hours too late

Post by stagfish »

Hello,
I have a problem with my weather skin on Rainmeter (Windows 10 Weather Enterprise API), the today forecast does not change at midnight but several hours later, although the weather zone is correct.
Is there a way to fix this ? Thank you
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: today-forecast of weather skin changes hours too late

Post by SilverAzide »

stagfish wrote: April 25th, 2022, 9:32 pm Hello,
I have a problem with my weather skin on Rainmeter (Windows 10 Weather Enterprise API), the today forecast does not change at midnight but several hours later, although the weather zone is correct.
Is there a way to fix this ? Thank you
Nope, there is nothing to fix. This is the way weather.com's data is supplied. Their today/tonight changeover happens at approximately 3-4 AM and 3-4 PM, closer to dawn/dusk.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
stagfish

Post by stagfish »

Thank you for the answer. There is no way to work around this ?
I got on my desktop a weekview of Rainlendar with the weather skin placed on top, giving my the forecast for
every coming day in unity of both applications.... I work mostly at night, an the delay, an therefore "false" forecast (at first glance)
for the whole week, is quite annoying ... Thanks
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

stagfish wrote: April 26th, 2022, 3:48 pm Thank you for the answer. There is no way to work around this ?
As I said, no... this is the way weather.com supplies the data. There is absolutely nothing that you can do to change this, unless you can convince them to change their data feed. The way their forecasts and data work more closely follows the sun (sunset/sunrise) than the clock. In other words, "today" and "tomorrow" follow the clock, but "night" and "day" follow the sun. That's why their "tonight" forecasts run into the next day.... because it's still night.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...