It is currently April 16th, 2024, 3:56 pm

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 7.2.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

Confusedracoon wrote: April 4th, 2022, 8:07 am I love these gadgets, however is there anyway to have GPU METER display multiple GPU fans? Seeing as many of the newer ones have two or more. And in some cases have the ability to plug a fourth in. Looking at you, EVGA.
Hello! Yes, you are right, most have two for sure. There is currently no way to add more fans to the GPU Meter without making extensive modifications to the skin. I'll add code to monitor additional fans into the next version of the Gadgets. Thanks for the input!
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Confusedracoon

Post by Confusedracoon »

SilverAzide wrote: April 4th, 2022, 11:54 am Hello! Yes, you are right, most have two for sure. There is currently no way to add more fans to the GPU Meter without making extensive modifications to the skin. I'll add code to monitor additional fans into the next version of the Gadgets. Thanks for the input!
Well hot dang. That's awesome news! I look forward to it =D. Hope it's not too difficult.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Confusedracoon wrote: April 4th, 2022, 1:49 pm Hope it's not too difficult.
Yeah... me too! ;-)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 7.3.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

An update to the Gadgets has been released!

7.3.0 - 2022-04-08
  • Corrected All CPU Meter and GPU Meter for rare issue where logo icon would not be displayed.
  • Corrected All CPU Meter configuration error when the Show Core Temperatures option was unchecked.
  • Corrected All CPU Meter for dual socket systems running Windows 7/Server 2008 R2.
  • Enhanced digital Chronometer to allow optionally displaying the seconds separator.
  • Enhanced GPU Meter to allow monitoring from 0 to 4 fans per GPU.
  • Corrected all Gadgets so skin corners are rounded properly at all scale factors.
* Requires Rainmeter 4.5.7 or later.

NOTE for those who use the Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro skin variants: The NetMonitor service has not been updated in this release. Upgrading the service is optional. To upgrade, use the Network Settings to stop the service, uninstall it, and then reinstall.
Arbitria

Post by Arbitria »

Thanks for the update, it's a much-needed piece of work for gadget lovers.
But I would like to expand the line of gadgets in your performance.
For example, network processes showing the hosts in use in real time.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Arbitria wrote: April 9th, 2022, 1:34 pm Thanks for the update, it's a much-needed piece of work for gadget lovers.
But I would like to expand the line of gadgets in your performance.
For example, network processes showing the hosts in use in real time.
I would like that as well, and I've already looked into it. As far as I know, It is not possible (or, maybe more accurately, not practical) without creating a seriously sophisticated plugin. This info is not exposed in the Performance Counters database nor by any Windows API that I am aware of. Tools like Windows Resource Monitor, SysInternals TCPView, and some NirSoft tools like LiveTcpUdpWatch can do it. A little skin like "Top Network Meter" would be awesome, but I can't figure out how to get this info in any practical way.
Confusedracoon

Post by Confusedracoon »

SilverAzide wrote: April 9th, 2022, 1:57 am An update to the Gadgets has been released!

7.3.0 - 2022-04-08
  • Corrected All CPU Meter and GPU Meter for rare issue where logo icon would not be displayed.
  • Corrected All CPU Meter configuration error when the Show Core Temperatures option was unchecked.
  • Corrected All CPU Meter for dual socket systems running Windows 7/Server 2008 R2.
  • Enhanced digital Chronometer to allow optionally displaying the seconds separator.
  • Enhanced GPU Meter to allow monitoring from 0 to 4 fans per GPU.
  • Corrected all Gadgets so skin corners are rounded properly at all scale factors.
* Requires Rainmeter 4.5.7 or later.

NOTE for those who use the Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro skin variants: The NetMonitor service has not been updated in this release. Upgrading the service is optional. To upgrade, use the Network Settings to stop the service, uninstall it, and then reinstall.
Awesome, thank you!
Arbitria

Post by Arbitria »

SilverAzide wrote: April 9th, 2022, 3:55 pm I would like that as well, and I've already looked into it. As far as I know, It is not possible (or, maybe more accurately, not practical) without creating a seriously sophisticated plugin. This info is not exposed in the Performance Counters database nor by any Windows API that I am aware of. Tools like Windows Resource Monitor, SysInternals TCPView, and some NirSoft tools like LiveTcpUdpWatch can do it. A little skin like "Top Network Meter" would be awesome, but I can't figure out how to get this info in any practical way.
Here, the average user is more in need of a more understandable and meaningful stack of information, for example, DNS queries.
[DNSLookupView (from Nirsoft) - this tool uses the event tracing of Windows operating system with the 'Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client' provider ( 1C95126E-7EEA-49A9-A3FE-A378B03DDB4D ). The captured event ID is 3008, which contains the information about every DNS query handled by the DNS Client service of Windows.]
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Arbitria wrote: April 11th, 2022, 4:01 pm Here, the average user is more in need of a more understandable and meaningful stack of information, for example, DNS queries.
[DNSLookupView (from Nirsoft) - this tool uses the event tracing of Windows operating system with the 'Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client' provider ( 1C95126E-7EEA-49A9-A3FE-A378B03DDB4D ). The captured event ID is 3008, which contains the information about every DNS query handled by the DNS Client service of Windows.]
Wow... O.O When you figure out what that means and build the plugin, let me know and I'll build a skin around it. ;-)
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

Hi back again and (sorry) another issue (repeating issue that always seemed to fix itself before and/or I could offset the issue using the 'old' modern gadgets version ...)

Anyways. Clipboard meter will work for some time, then randomly (and I cannot track down exactly when it happens) stop recording clipboard items until I refresh the meter. (which by this time is prob too late for what I was using it for)

I used to bypass this problem by just using the old modern gadgets version, with it set at 100% transparency perfectly snapped in place above/in-front of the new one the new one (with new one set for click though) and it worked fine (it would display the proper items, and would retrieve clipboard items from the old version sitting in front of it but 'invisible')

Anyways I hate to keep bugging you guys about this suite of gadgets cuz they are the best at what they do(IE hence why i keep using them) and look great, but the clipboard one having these issues(and my old 'trick' no longer working) was hoping someone could track down the problem(or know what is happening here)