It is currently April 20th, 2024, 8:48 am

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
redorbroder

Re: Gadgets 7.2.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by redorbroder »

SilverAzide wrote: March 21st, 2022, 4:26 pm You definitely do NOT have to purchase HWiNFO. The Gadgets were revised specifically so you can use the free version. The HWiNFO developer made specific enhancements to v7.02 so that Rainmeter skins could work with the free one.

Are you saying you can now see the peak value? Did something change?
Yep! It works but don't ask me how that is because I got lost in all the changes I tried but it works! :D
Last edited by redorbroder on March 21st, 2022, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redorbroder

Post by redorbroder »

SilverAzide wrote: March 21st, 2022, 4:34 pm Just remember, upgrading to HWiNFO Pro is NOT needed. The free version works fine.

If you do upgrade the Gadgets, unfortunately your changes would be lost (most if not all of your settings would be saved (I think) but the skin changes would not be). I might add a Frosted Glass style to the Gadgets at some point so they can be tweaked to match the Windows 11 styling a little better.
Okey, I will do some testing with new versions.
The frosted settings won't work in new Gadgets version?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

redorbroder wrote: March 21st, 2022, 4:41 pm Okey, I will do some testing with new versions.
The frosted settings won't work in new Gadgets version?
Your changes would definitely work! Sorry if it came across that it would not. The background is now a single Shape meter, but since you are commenting that out anyway, it will actually be simpler (i.e., just one meter to remove). So just add in your Frosted Glass meter and comment out the background meter and I think you are back in business.

(P.S.: For clarity, I'd suggest commenting out all the lines for the meter, not just the section name line. Also, you can simplify your work even more by adding your Frosted Glass meter, but then just set the background option to "Solid" and the Opacity option to 1... no need to comment out anything!)
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
redorbroder

Post by redorbroder »

That's good news! Is this the correct HWiNFO version?
https://www.hwinfo.com/version-history/#:~:text=and%206600%20XT.-,Latest%20v7.02,-Released%20on%20Apr
https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/hwinfo-v7-02-released.7221/
Thanks for your help, will tinker with settings and probably will need some input, or not? :)
Let's hope I can get it working, ”Don't forget to leave some space for miracles.”
I will let you know the outcome in a few days or so.
Best regards,
redorbroder
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

redorbroder wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 5:22 pm That's good news! Is this the correct HWiNFO version?
https://www.hwinfo.com/version-history/#:~:text=and%206600%20XT.-,Latest%20v7.02,-Released%20on%20Apr
https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/hwinfo-v7-02-released.7221/
Thanks for your help, will tinker with settings and probably will need some input, or not? :)
Let's hope I can get it working, ”Don't forget to leave some space for miracles.”
I will let you know the outcome in a few days or so.
Best regards,
redorbroder
Yes, that is the one! The latest version is fine, all you need is 7.02 or later (7.01 and earlier don't have the Rainmeter-specific enhancements).

Once you install it, definitely follow the steps described here: HOW TO Configure HWiNFO. In summary, there are three steps to this: 1) installing and configuring HWiNFO, 2) selecting the HWiNFO sensors you want to monitor, and 3) (finally) configuring the Gadgets so they can "see" the sensor data from step 2. The good news is you don't need any "shared memory viewer" or typing in endless long hex numbers.

If you run into issues, don't hesitate to post them here! There's plenty of extra room for miracles, LOL...
b1tbull

Post by b1tbull »

Greetings,

Thanks for keeping the gadgets up to date.
I am stuck with a 6.xx version of HWINFO because I need the shared memory feature for one
of my own rainmeter gadgets.
I also had to revert to the 5.1.1 version of your GPUMeter, because the 7.x versions requires
to configure the sensor values from the saved HWINFO registry values.
Whenever I click on List he HWINFO indexes, I get
HWiNFO Sensor Entry Index List
ERROR: HWiNFO is not configured or is not running.

But when I execute "reg query HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\HWiNFO64\VSB" in a command
window the list of HWINFO registry entries is displayed.
I know HWINFO is configured properly because it works with the 5.1.1 GPUmeter.
What am I missing ?

Francis
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

b1tbull wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 5:19 pm Greetings,

Thanks for keeping the gadgets up to date.
I am stuck with a 6.xx version of HWINFO because I need the shared memory feature for one
of my own rainmeter gadgets.
I also had to revert to the 5.1.1 version of your GPUMeter, because the 7.x versions requires
to configure the sensor values from the saved HWINFO registry values.
Whenever I click on List he HWINFO indexes, I get
HWiNFO Sensor Entry Index List
ERROR: HWiNFO is not configured or is not running.

But when I execute "reg query HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\HWiNFO64\VSB" in a command
window the list of HWINFO registry entries is displayed.
I know HWINFO is configured properly because it works with the 5.1.1 GPUmeter.
What am I missing ?

Francis
I would not try to mix and match the individual Gadgets. If you are stuck on HWiNFO 6.x, then I'd just stay with the Gadgets v5.5.1 (I assume that is the version you are referring to). It sounds like you reverted the GPU Meter from a newer version but not the Settings skin. This won't work in any case, as the newer version does not include the HWiNFO plugin or the Shared Memory Viewer.

If you want to mix and match, then I'd install the Gadgets twice. For example, install v5.5.1, then rename the "Gadgets" folder to "Gadgets 5.5.1" and refresh Rainmeter. Then install the latest Gadgets. You can then use whichever skins from whichever version you want (although there might be problems with the older CPU Meter and Network Meter skins, not sure as I've never tried this).

The reason you are seeing the "ERROR: HWiNFO is not configured or is not running." message could be 2 things: 1) you didn't configure the Gadget Sidebar sensors in HWiNFO, or 2) there is a problem parsing the reg output. The reg query dump is parsed by a Lua script and it's probably failing. The VSB entries DID exist before HWiNFO 7.02, but they will not work (the indexes were not persistent, so you could not rely on them).

Let me know if you still are having issues.
b1tbull

Post by b1tbull »

Good advise about not mixing versions, which I did already keeping each version in a separate folder
and starting them within that version specific environment.
When switching to a 7.x HWINFO version the HWINFO registry index values are listed as they should.
I guess GPU Meter is the only gadget using those HWINFO registry indexes, because all other 7.2.0 gadgets are fine with HWINFO 6.x.
I will modify the self developed gadget displaying CPU / GPU and SSD that is using HWINFO shared memory
to use registry HWINFO values. This should not be too hard when I peek into the 7.2.0 code.

Francis
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

b1tbull wrote: March 24th, 2022, 10:22 am I guess GPU Meter is the only gadget using those HWINFO registry indexes, because all other 7.2.0 gadgets are fine with HWINFO 6.x.
Glad you got it working! The CPU Meter uses HWiNFO too, but only if you turn on the options for monitoring temperatures and fans. But otherwise, yes, it will ignore HWiNFO completely as it is optional. The GPU Meter is the only skin that is completely dependent on HWiNFO and will not function without it.

Switching your old HWiNFO plugin measures to use registry measures is pretty simple and straightforward; I'm sure you can make the switch easily! Feel free to ask if you run into any more issues.
Confusedracoon

Post by Confusedracoon »

I love these gadgets, however is there anyway to have GPU METER display multiple GPU fans? Seeing as many of the newer ones have two or more. And in some cases have the ability to plug a fourth in. Looking at you, EVGA.