It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:41 pm

Plugin: Unable to load "FileListPlugin.dll" (error 126)

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
hispanico

Plugin: Unable to load "FileListPlugin.dll" (error 126)

Post by hispanico »

I received this message of Unable to load "FileListPlugin.dll" (error 126)
There is a way to fix it ?

Thank
Hispa
Attachments
Senza titolo.jpg
tass_co

Re: Plugin: Unable to load "FileListPlugin.dll" (error 126)

Post by tass_co »

hispanico wrote: March 27th, 2022, 10:01 am I received this message of Unable to load "FileListPlugin.dll" (error 126)

Thank
Hispa
Have you tried reinstalling the plugin?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

hispanico wrote: March 27th, 2022, 10:01 am I received this message of Unable to load "FileListPlugin.dll" (error 126)

Thank
Hispa
From the looks of it, it appears you're using the Razor skin, which is quite old, from 2010 it seems. I agree that it looks nice and all, but maybe you should consider updating the code to use the newer and better FileView plugin instead. It appears they are similar in syntax according to folks who know both of them, so maybe it won't be that difficult to adjust the code... :???:
hispanico

Post by hispanico »

Yincognito wrote: March 27th, 2022, 1:06 pm From the looks of it, it appears you're using the Razor skin, which is quite old, from 2010 it seems. I agree that it looks nice and all, but maybe you should consider updating the code to use the newer and better FileView plugin instead. It appears they are similar in syntax according to folks who know both of them, so maybe it won't be that difficult to adjust the code... :???:
YEP THANK

Hispa
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

hispanico wrote: March 27th, 2022, 1:32 pm YEP THANK

Hispa
No problemo. ;-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

tass_co wrote: March 27th, 2022, 11:23 am Have you tried reinstalling the plugin?
Not to nitpick, but just to clarify a terminology mistake: you can't install a Rainmeter plugin, as it is. You can instead either copy the appropriate version of the plugin into the appropriate folder on your hard drive, or can install a skin with a skin installer, which might contain the plugin as well. The first procedure (copying manually the plugin) might work, however you have to know very well what and where have to copy. The second case (installing the skin) is the desirable procedure, especially for beginners. In such a case it is supposed you have a skin installer, which contains beside the skin, the plugin as well. When installing it Rainmeter knows extremely well what and where to copy, the user doesn't have to take care of anything.