It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:28 pm

[Request][Help] Support For Docklets/Docked Subfolders/Stacks/Running Application Indicator/Fan-Grid Menu

General topics related to Rainmeter.
AlphaRomeo

[Request][Help] Support For Docklets/Docked Subfolders/Stacks/Running Application Indicator/Fan-Grid Menu

Post by AlphaRomeo »

[Request][Help] Support For Docklets/Docked Sub-folders/Stacks/Running Application Indicator/Fan-Grid Menu for Selected Shortcuts.
Dear Fellow Members,
Greetings,
Quite new to the forum Apology in Advance if not doing some things in accordance with set precedents.
I am too curious to have a Dock with Fan/Grid Menu For shortcuts and segregating applications in Sections Plugin was first developed for Rocket Dock in 2008. Very Recently I found, Material Taskbar 1.0 By Baleg00 and its fork Quantum Dock. Both of them miss Running Application Indicator And Any way to have A sub menu for a Bunched Application. At the Most A custom folder can be Linked for which windows explorer will open for each Folder.

I very well Understand Rainmeter wasn't made to serve the Purpose but just adding one sub menu will Satisfy a proper Docking Mode for Rainmeter.

If there's any available option to achieve above mentioned condition please direct me towards it.
Thank you very much
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Request][Help] Support For Docklets/Docked Subfolders/Stacks/Running Application Indicator/Fan-Grid Menu

Post by Yincognito »

AlphaRomeo wrote: March 14th, 2022, 12:24 amBoth of them miss Running Application Indicator And Any way to have A sub menu for a Bunched Application. At the Most A custom folder can be Linked for which windows explorer will open for each Folder.
I have no idea what a running application indicator is, but from the looks of it, the Process measure might help you here, assuming you know the name of the said process. A submenu for a bunched application ... is that supposed to mean a submenu for a bundled application? If so, can you provide more context or some basic examples of what would be bundled into what and what would be the thing you'd want to to?
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Request][Help] Support For Docklets/Docked Subfolders/Stacks/Running Application Indicator/Fan-Grid Menu

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: March 14th, 2022, 7:06 pm I have no idea what a running application indicator is, but from the looks of it, the Process measure might help you here,
I think your guess is correct. It should be a part of skin which tells the user if certain application / program is running or not.
My guess, at least. Waiting for details from OP...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: March 14th, 2022, 7:11 pm I think your guess is correct. It should be a part of skin which tells the user if certain application / program is running or not.
My guess, at least. Waiting for details from OP...
Yeah, now it depends on whether he has a good way of identifying the name of the process (since it's sometimes different than the name of the application window, so to speak), if by any chance this should happen dynamically. If the latter, a RunCommand measure to tasklist or something similar could help.
AlphaRomeo

Post by AlphaRomeo »

Yincognito wrote: March 14th, 2022, 7:06 pm A submenu for a bunched application ... is that supposed to mean a submenu for a bundled application? If so, can you provide more context or some basic examples of what would be bundled into what and what would be the thing you'd want to to?
Hmm A submenu is Like Folder Consist of Shortcuts of Another Folders Or Just Shortcuts Of Application One wanted to Group them. With Stack mode its like you House all your Multimedia Applications at single place So goes with Editing, Content Creation, Games, Music And Social / Communicating apps.

Am sorry the Above Mentioned Rainmeter Dock plugin was Material Taskbar. As am seeing yes sadly not implemented running application indicator well but its a very good project Links are Following
https://www.deviantart.com/baleg00/art/Material-Taskbar-1-0-675421086
and this is its Fork,
https://www.deviantart.com/nitesh-prasad/art/Quantum-Dock-for-Rainmeter-908806900

I need to Dig in for Running Application Indicator Thingy but As i see Fan/Grid Menu wont be possible Right ?

Illustration of Fan/Grid Menu:

Thank you
Regards
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

AlphaRomeo wrote: March 14th, 2022, 8:18 pm Hmm A submenu is Like Folder Consist of Shortcuts of Another Folders Or Just Shortcuts Of Application One wanted to Group them. With Stack mode its like you House all your Multimedia Applications at single place So goes with Editing, Content Creation, Games, Music And Social / Communicating apps.
This is possible if you create such a structure of shortcuts to folders and files in a particular location on your drive, then navigate through it using one or more FileView measures (and associated meters, that you can position them in your skin in any way you like, even as a fan / grid menu like you mentioned, if you get the math right). Check the sample code at the bottom of that page for a simple view of what's that about.
AlphaRomeo wrote: March 14th, 2022, 8:18 pm I need to Dig in for Running Application Indicator Thingy but As i see Fan/Grid Menu wont be possible Right ?
Illustration of Fan/Grid Menu:
It is possible, but just like the other things above, it involves quite a bit of time and effort to get it right. You can rotate icon images like in your screenshots via the ImageRotate option on the image meters associated with the FileView measures I mentioned above, and you can rotate text labels using the Angle option in the String meters. You can position them into a "grid", a "list", or even a "circle" by setting those image meters' X and Y position to the appropriate mathematical values, control their view size via the W and H options of those meters, and create the desired "animation" on click or other such actions by using one or more ActionTimer measures. You can also hide or show meters at will by using bangs like !HideMeter or !ShowMeter whenever you want to, or when a certain condition happens.

That being said, this requires you to work on it and wrap your head around the key concepts in Rainmeter. Nobody will do that job for you, but we can surely help when you don't know how to do something. ;-)

P.S. For the record, measures are [sections] used to get the values of something and to some extent do other "tests" based on such values, and meters are the visual elements that you use in your skin, like texts, images and so on, and can be "linked" to use any measure's value via their MeasureName options. Almost everything in Rainmeter revolves around those two types of sections.
AlphaRomeo

Post by AlphaRomeo »

Thank you for Such Valuable Inputs and Directions. As i Understood everything is Possible in Rainmeter Running App Indicator and Group App Shown (In Fan & Grid mode) with Click on An icon. Not good with Codes will try to dig deeper. Learning Lua is on my List. Till that i hope some Modder/ Themer Comes up with it. Its an Brilliant Idea :rosegift: .
Thank you Once again.
DanDaBear

Post by DanDaBear »

OR. . . . You could use Stand Alone Stack 2!
and use a shortcut on a button.
Never underestimate the power of stupid! :D
AlphaRomeo

Post by AlphaRomeo »

DanDaBear wrote: March 15th, 2022, 12:39 am OR. . . . You could use Stand Alone Stack 2!
and use a shortcut on a button.
Thank you for suggestion. Rocket Dock with Stack Dock is still Operable, With Said features. Rainmeter is default for most of tweakers and me too. and rain meter is lighter than any Other Dock there. For Now i will stay with Rocket am very Hopeful someone will Come up with Dock Plugin/Skin specially after seeing Vallistart plugin for Rainmeter.

Warm Regards
AlphaRomeo

Post by AlphaRomeo »