It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:41 am

[BUG] External plugin list missing

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Jax

Re: [BUG] External plugin list missing

Post by Jax »

Yincognito wrote: March 8th, 2022, 4:58 pm EDIT: Guess it's not that here - I created another account using such characters on my computer in order to replicate the problem, and I could see the plugins folder in the Log without issues.
Not sure if this is related, but are you on Windows 11 or 10? Because I've never encountered this issue on Windows 10 (I used the same method to test my skins)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Jax wrote: March 8th, 2022, 11:58 pm Not sure if this is related, but are you on Windows 11 or 10? Because I've never encountered this issue on Windows 10 (I used the same method to test my skins)
I'm on 10. Not going to 11 until the OS is mature and relatively bug free or something like that, like I always did. I like to test things and contribute to improvement in software, but for people who actually listen and deserve it, like for example, the Rainmeter team. Otherwise, for the more "I need to rely on this application" sofware (like an OS is), there's a limit to which I'm willing to be a lab rat, especially when tons of legitimate suggestions and concerns from users are not given the proper attention... :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Jax

Post by Jax »

I see... maybe this is an issue regarding the operation system instead of Rainmeter itself... let's wait and see if anyone has encountered this issue too on other Windows versions... :Whistle
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

I see the issue and I am a little surprised this hasn't come up before, especially with some of our international users.

As far as I can tell, this issue is specific to the About dialog's Plugins tab, and doesn't effect that actual loading of the plugin when a skin references it.

You might even see an error message AFTER going to the Plugins tab. Something like: About Dialog - Unable to load plugin: FrostedGlass.dll.

I will look for a solution shortly...

-Brian
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Jax

Post by Jax »

Brian wrote: March 9th, 2022, 9:55 pm @Jax:

Could you try this version?
https://builds.rainmeter.net/test_builds/Rainmeter-4.5.13.3618-prerelease.exe

-Brian
This worked perfectly! :D
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Jax wrote: March 10th, 2022, 8:51 am This worked perfectly! :D
Awesome! This will be available in the next release!

-Brian