It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:47 am

Can we get "Illegal path" removed?

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Cariboudjan

Can we get "Illegal path" removed?

Post by Cariboudjan »

Getting this error when attempting to use !WriteKeyValue to RMSKIN.ini

I assume this restriction was put in for security, but I can't see how this makes things more secure?

Code: Select all

!WriteKeyValue: Illegal path: C:\Users\Carib\Documents\Droptop Data\Droptop Files\Redistributables\Basic-Version\RMSKIN.ini (Droptop\DropdownBar\DropdownBar.ini)
Screenshot 2022-03-02 153722.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Cariboudjan on March 2nd, 2022, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Can we get "Illegal path" removed?

Post by jsmorley »

Cariboudjan wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 10:39 pm Getting this error when attempting to use !WriteKeyValue to RMSKIN.ini

I assume this restriction was put in for security, but I can't see how this makes things more secure?

Code: Select all

!WriteKeyValue: Illegal path: C:\Users\Carib\Documents\Droptop Data\Droptop Files\Redistributables\Basic-Version\RMSKIN.ini (Droptop\DropdownBar\DropdownBar.ini)
Screenshot 2022-03-02 153722.png
It is our intention that !WriteKeyValue be restricted to the "skins" or "settings" folder.
FilePath (optional): If not specified, the current skin file is used. The file must exist and must be located under either #SKINSPATH# or #SETTINGSPATH#.
We are just not going to support writing to .ini files other places like the Windows folder and such.
Cariboudjan

Re: Can we get "Illegal path" removed?

Post by Cariboudjan »

Ah yes. I see. I'll just move my files to the Skins folder then. Thanks.