It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:57 pm

Disabling/toggling all mouse detection on a window without using Click Through?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Cariboudjan

Disabling/toggling all mouse detection on a window without using Click Through?

Post by Cariboudjan »

Is there an easy way to disable and toggle mouse detection on a window? I am currently turning clickthrough on and off to do this — mouse detection causes significant stuttering to animations (lua tween) — it's toggled on until the animation is complete.

I would like to toggle mouse detection without allowing clicks through the window.

Would the only solution to this be to have another invisible window in front of it and use MouseOverAction=[] and !ClearMouseAction bang when the animation is complete?

Or is there an easier way to actually disable the mouse detection for a window without creating another window?
ikarus1969

Re: Disabling/toggling all mouse detection on a window without using Click Through?

Post by ikarus1969 »

Maybe one/some of the following bangs would be useful for you?
Mouse Action State Bangs: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/bangs/#MouseAction
Active Colors

Re: Disabling/toggling all mouse detection on a window without using Click Through?

Post by Active Colors »

Cariboudjan wrote: February 23rd, 2022, 10:26 pm is there an easier way to actually disable the mouse detection for a window without creating another window?
If you want to disable/enable meter there are !DisableMouseAction and !EnableMouseAction bangs.

If you want to toggle the mouse action then there is !ToggleMouseAction bang.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/bangs/#MeterBangs
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Cariboudjan wrote: February 23rd, 2022, 10:26 pm Is there an easy way to disable and toggle mouse detection on a window?
My question is what exactly you do mean by "mouse detection"?
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

balala wrote: February 24th, 2022, 3:57 pm My question is what exactly you do mean by "mouse detection"?
Rainmeter checking the position of the cursor as it moves over a window.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Cariboudjan wrote: February 25th, 2022, 1:58 am Rainmeter checking the position of the cursor as it moves over a window.
Let's see if I understood, because I still am not entirely sure. Would you like not to execute for instance some MouseOverAction / MouseLeaveAction options in some circumstances? And what do you mean by "window"? General window or a skin?
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

Skin window - And I would prefer Rainmeter to do no mouse processing for the duration of the animation (as it causes animation stuttering even on extremely fast cpus)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Cariboudjan wrote: February 25th, 2022, 6:02 pm And I would prefer Rainmeter to do no mouse processing for the duration of the animation (as it causes animation stuttering even on extremely fast cpus)
I'm sorry, but I can't follow you. What you mean by "mouse processing"? What is this? (Sorry, my English is definitely not the best one)
Please pack the config and upload it, along with a description of what exactly would you like to achieve (what and when to do - for instance the skin not to react to mouse hovering while the animation is running).
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Cariboudjan wrote: February 25th, 2022, 6:02 pm Skin window - And I would prefer Rainmeter to do no mouse processing for the duration of the animation (as it causes animation stuttering even on extremely fast cpus)
Did [!DisableMouseAction * *] improve the effect?

That should disable all mouse actions on all meters in the skin, but Rainmeter may still be checking the mouse position even though all actions are disabled. :???:
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

You can define a forbidden area.
When mouse on that area, you can kick out the mouse from that area.
i dont know maybe works.
You can try MouseXY Plugin
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=22900
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great: