It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:10 pm

Plugin TrayIcon

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Judian81

Re: Plugin TrayIcon

Post by Judian81 »

Active Colors wrote: February 14th, 2022, 2:46 pm since Judian81 has Windows 10 (judging by their screenshots)
yes correct. i have the latest windows 10 version.

i wanted to find out how to reproduce the bug but i can not find the way.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

death.crafter wrote: February 15th, 2022, 7:23 am Thank you for confirming eclectic-tech. I can add the middle mouse up action, but I would ask Brian about it first, in case he finds out something wrong with it.

Thanks again.
After a while of having my TrayIcon skin running, I have noticed a 'strange' intermittent behavior.

I have a skin that detects changes in the wallpaper background color (DWM color) using the Chameleon plugin by Socks-the-Fox and every once in a while, when I use the mouse scroll action of The TrayIcon skin to change virtual desktops 'Ctrl+Win+Right' keypress simulation (using the same wallpaper on all desktops), it triggers the detection of a new DWMColor and updates.

Just thought I would mention this. Not sure if this is related, but I only see it when the TrayIcon skin is loaded, and I activate a scroll bang.

As you said, I think we should see what Brian thinks about it.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

eclectic-tech wrote: February 17th, 2022, 7:56 pm After a while of having my TrayIcon skin running, I have noticed a 'strange' intermittent behavior.

I have a skin that detects changes in the wallpaper background color (DWM color) using the Chameleon plugin by Socks-the-Fox and every once in a while, when I use the mouse scroll action of The TrayIcon skin to change virtual desktops 'Ctrl+Win+Right' keypress simulation (using the same wallpaper on all desktops), it triggers the detection of a new DWMColor and updates.

Just thought I would mention this. Not sure if this is related, but I only see it when the TrayIcon skin is loaded, and I activate a scroll bang.

As you said, I think we should see what Brian thinks about it.
Does the DWM color actually change? Just asking.
from the Realm of Death
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

death.crafter wrote: February 17th, 2022, 10:13 pm Does the DWM color actually change? Just asking.
I have a feeling this may be more related to the timing of my simulated keypress script rather than to your TrayIcon code.

But 'Yes', the measure values revert to the default values of 255,255,255 and 0,0,0 for the foreground and background colors when the virtual desktop is changed via the scroll action in my TrayIcon skin. Then the correct values appear, and they are the same values that existed before the virtual desktop changed. :???:
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Active Colors wrote: February 14th, 2022, 1:03 pm After running the test skin for some time:

1) Rainmeter starts producing visual glitches that spread to various parts of Windows and/or other Rainmeter skins.
2) Rainmeter and/or skins become unresponsive.
3) The tray icon becomes invisible (the tray element is there but the graphical icon is invisible)

I am not sure if this is related to the problem which Judian81 has. There are some differences between Judian81 and my case.
For Judian81 it happens after the Refresh all and the tray icon stops blinking. For me it happens simply after some time and the tray icon becomes invisible.

Anyhow, I am now trying the test skin again but with the modified code to make tray icon not change every second. In my case it could be due to the every second changing icon. I am also running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit at the present moment.

Couple of visual glitches attached.
I have disabled the every second changing of the tray icon and in several days it didn't produce any hangs or glitches. It is the latest plugin version.

But additionally I removed the skin updates and dynamicvariables, so I am yet to find the exact reason but at least I found that the glitch could be gone.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Active Colors wrote: February 18th, 2022, 8:49 am I have disabled the every second changing of the tray icon and in several days it didn't produce any hangs or glitches. It is the latest plugin version.

But additionally I removed the skin updates and dynamicvariables, so I am yet to find the exact reason but at least I found that the glitch could be gone.
Brian pointed out a mistake which could lead to memory leaks. I will fix and push an update today. Thank you for helping, all of you :D
from the Realm of Death
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Try this build please!

Choose to replace the plugin when installing. Thank you.
TrayIcon Example_1.1.0.1.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
from the Realm of Death
Judian81

Post by Judian81 »

death.crafter wrote: February 18th, 2022, 3:50 pm Try this build please!

Choose to replace the plugin when installing. Thank you.

TrayIcon Example_1.1.0.1.rmskin
works for days now. looks like it is good.

i want to know where can i find the source code for the plugin?
ZerOverdriver

Post by ZerOverdriver »

death.crafter wrote: February 6th, 2022, 7:39 am
Limitations:
  • Only one tray icon can be created for one skin.
If I wanted the tray button to switch the visibility of all skins, then I did it: SwitchSkins for only tray icon.rmskin

The skin on the desktop will not be visible, because it is a hidden pixel outside the screen.
After all, the only functional detail of the skin is the switch button in the tray, and it will appear when installing the skin.
You will see it by the appearance of the switch and by the text of the popup hint.