It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:44 pm

Bug with °

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Active Colors

Re: Bug with °

Post by Active Colors »

Azona wrote: February 16th, 2022, 2:16 pm So i'm user of a skin and that have not been updated and sadly propely wont get updated any time soon as been more then 7 years. I got fonts linked but I gues need to edit somewhere to use them? I dont see any fonttyp in skins when editing.

thanks for help so far.

using this rainmeter skin btw https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=21449
I have checked the skin files and they are encoded with ANSI. You need to change the encoding of the file(s) to Unicode (sometimes named as UTF-16 LE or UTF-16-LE BOM or UCS-2 Little Endian).

Right mouse click on the skin and choose "Edit skin". If it opens in Notepad simply go to File -> Save As and choose the same file but change the Encoding there to Unicode.

If you have Notepad++ then open the file and click on "Encoding" menu and choose UTF-16-LE BOM, then save the file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Active Colors wrote: February 17th, 2022, 4:11 pmI have checked the skin files and they are encoded with ANSI. You need to change the encoding of the file(s) to Unicode (sometimes named as UTF-16 LE or UTF-16-LE BOM or UCS-2 Little Endian).
This, followed by editing the sign in the skin after conversion, would work if the sign comes from the skin itself. If it comes from an online source, the conversion of the files won't be enough without font adjustment, IMHO - correct me if I'm wrong. You probably checked the skin and made sure that's all it takes though, I was just saying...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: February 17th, 2022, 11:34 am but the option is called FontFace, not FontType.
Right. Didn't noticed this small mistake, but you probably are right. And additionally in Azona's post even the FontType has been written incorrectly:
Azona wrote: February 16th, 2022, 2:16 pm I dont see any fonttyp in skins when editing.
See the missing last e. But in fact this has no importance at all, since even if written correctly, a FontType option is invalid in a Rainmeter code.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: February 17th, 2022, 6:50 pmSee the missing last e. But in fact this has no importance at all, since even if written correctly, a FontType option is invalid in a Rainmeter code.
Yes, I noticed the missing e, but skipped orthography related in favor of functionality related observations, as you already pointed out. Rainmeter will handle the former in its own way, either by ignoring the wrongly typed option or throwing an error. :D
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Azona wrote: February 16th, 2022, 9:18 am I think sins last update I notice my °C lookde weird it had  in front of it this was never issue before. so it looked like this °C instead of °C
Let's add one more: the best is to use the UTF-16 LE encoding, as said by jsmorley in his first reply, however even using UTF-8 or ANSI encoding, you can get the degree character if in the Text option you're using not °, but [\x00B0]. For instance the Text=%1[\x00B0]C option returns the proper degree symbol even on a file with UTF-8 encoding.