It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:41 am

Installing PrimoCache Server crashes rainmeter

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Installing PrimoCache Server crashes rainmeter

Post by SilverAzide »

Moonchild wrote: February 16th, 2022, 6:00 pm The mystery deepens...

Messing around with the All CPU meter settings, I found out that if I check "Show core temperatures" (which it can't display because I don't have the third party programs needed for it installed), then it starts displaying processor usage... :confused:
You gotta be kidding me... There's no relation between that setting and the processor usage. All that setting does is enable/disable a bunch of temperature measures. It sounds almost as if the Lua script isn't running when that option is unchecked (it should run all the time, checked or not).

Can you post a screenshot of your About screen showing one of your CPU Meters? I'd like to see the values of all the measures, something like this:
Screenshot 2022-02-16 141922.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

SilverAzide wrote: February 16th, 2022, 7:20 pmThere's no relation between that setting and the processor usage. All that setting does is enable/disable a bunch of temperature measures. It sounds almost as if the Lua script isn't running when that option is unchecked (it should run all the time, checked or not).
Actually, I'm not so sure about it. I obviously don't have the OP's system specs, but installed your suite, loaded more than just Node 0, and when checking on the same setting (Show core temperatures), Node 1 to 3 started showing the Core 13 to Core 48 usages, though I only have 12 threads on my CPU. So, there appears to be a relation there (nodes are in ascending order starting from left; I do have HWiNFO installed, but it's not running, not even at startup):
Gadgets.jpg
Unchecking it displays my usual core 1 to 12 data in all of them (but naturally, only Node 0 percentages are different than 0):
GadgetsX.jpg
P.S. Sorry for continuing to participate here, but I thought this might be of some help. Let me know if it's better to just observe instead. ;-)
EDIT: The temperature display is enabled by unchecking Show temperatures per core, but as far as I understand this is normal for AMD CPUs like mine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

SilverAzide wrote: February 16th, 2022, 7:20 pm Can you post a screenshot of your About screen showing one of your CPU Meters?
Attached one with core temp on which works, and one with core temp off.

The notable difference is that in the coretemp off situation, i.e. when it doesn't work, all the MeasureCPU values are prefixed with "0," -- if that's interpreted as a number, while it's not, then that's likely resulting in 0 across the board.
about-coretemp-on.png
about-coretemp-off.png
EDIT: it also doesn't seem to be quite right as CPU #0 and #1 do seem to be mirroring the same values (only offset because of the slight update delay between the two) so it's only half working; only cpu #0 values are displayed.
cpu-duplicated.png
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Yincognito wrote: February 16th, 2022, 8:01 pm
Moonchild wrote: February 16th, 2022, 8:54 pm
Good feedback! Thank you both! Let me ponder this a bit and get back to you. There must be some logic flaw someplace, probably in the Lua code that configures the skin(s). P.S.: You are more than welcome to chime in, Yincognito! An extra pair of eyes never hurts.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Moonchild wrote: February 16th, 2022, 8:54 pm Attached one with core temp on which works, and one with core temp off.

The notable difference is that in the coretemp off situation, i.e. when it doesn't work, all the MeasureCPU values are prefixed with "0," -- if that's interpreted as a number, while it's not, then that's likely resulting in 0 across the board.

EDIT: it also doesn't seem to be quite right as CPU #0 and #1 do seem to be mirroring the same values (only offset because of the slight update delay between the two) so it's only half working; only cpu #0 values are displayed.
OK, I think I see the problem. As I suspected, the skin configuration Lua script is not running at all when the "Show Core Temperatures" option is unchecked. A dumb oversight on my part.

Fortunately, the fix is very simple. Open the file Gadgets\All CPU Meter\CpuMain.inc and locate the measure [CalcNoTempInUse]. The last line in this measure is Disabled=#DisableTemps#... delete this line, this measure must never be disabled.

Please let me know if this works! I've made some additional tweaks to try to eliminate some of the spurious warnings in the log when using Windows 7/2008R2, so I'll add this to the next release.

The error you noticed where the second skin ("CPU #1") is showing the same as the first appears to be happening to me as well when I emulate your system. I'll dig into this some more, but your "CPU #0" should be OK now.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Yincognito wrote: February 16th, 2022, 8:01 pm Actually, I'm not so sure about it. I obviously don't have the OP's system specs, but installed your suite, loaded more than just Node 0, and when checking on the same setting (Show core temperatures), Node 1 to 3 started showing the Core 13 to Core 48 usages, though I only have 12 threads on my CPU. So, there appears to be a relation there (nodes are in ascending order starting from left; I do have HWiNFO installed, but it's not running, not even at startup):
Your first pic would be the one I would consider "correct". Each skin is suppose to enumerate the cores associated with each socket/node/processor group, so the extra cores 13 to 48 would be expected if you had that many sockets/nodes/groups. Thanks for the assist, it helped illustrate that the Lua script was not even running.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

SilverAzide wrote: February 16th, 2022, 9:14 pmP.S.: You are more than welcome to chime in, Yincognito! An extra pair of eyes never hurts.
That's what I thought as well. Hopefully the feedback so far is enough to get to the bottom of this. If it's not, I'm open to further testing, but for the OP's environment, he is the best to say what works and what not. ;-)
SilverAzide wrote: February 16th, 2022, 10:15 pmYour first pic would be the one I would consider "correct". Each skin is suppose to enumerate the cores associated with each socket/node/processor group, so the extra cores 13 to 48 would be expected if you had that many sockets/nodes/groups. Thanks for the assist, it helped illustrate that the Lua script was not even running.
Oh, really? That's interesting, but ok from my part. Glad to be of some use on this, of course. :thumbup:

P.S. Fun fact: I was initially not going to post or capture the 2nd screenshot since not knowing your system, that's what I considered "correct", but I thought "well, it can't hurt". As far as I see, the 2nd one was more important than the 1st, so a bit lucky there, haha!
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

SilverAzide wrote: February 16th, 2022, 10:10 pm locate the measure [CalcNoTempInUse]. The last line in this measure is Disabled=#DisableTemps#... delete this line, this measure must never be disabled.

Please let me know if this works!
I can confirm that that fixes displaying the values when "Show core temperatures" isn't checked.

It's still mirroring CPU #0 into #1, but as you say that's something else to look into.

We're getting there, slowly ;-)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Moonchild wrote: February 16th, 2022, 10:50 pm I can confirm that that fixes displaying the values when "Show core temperatures" isn't checked.

It's still mirroring CPU #0 into #1, but as you say that's something else to look into.

We're getting there, slowly ;-)
Awesome! :thumbup:

Please replace your existing files with the ones in the attached zip. The Lua script will replace the one in the @Resources folder. Let me know if this works! Fingers-crossed....
Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

SilverAzide wrote: February 16th, 2022, 11:29 pm Please replace your existing files with the ones in the attached zip.
As far as I can tell your updated versions of the scripts from the zip file work as-intended.