It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:28 pm

Installing PrimoCache Server crashes rainmeter

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Installing PrimoCache Server crashes rainmeter

Post by Yincognito »

Moonchild wrote: February 15th, 2022, 1:11 pmI still get no processor usage recorded.
I didn't follow the thread closely, but I happen to use a somewhat similar method to the one used by SilverAzide of getting the CPU/Core/Threads usages in my yet unreleased new version of my suite, so it's a topic of interest to me. Can you:
- run perfmon.msc, and in that window, add whatever of these counters you can find on your system (I deleted existing counters from the X button, added counters from the + button, and changed the graph type to report from the button left to the + button):
CPU.jpg
- go here and try to see if and to what CPU core/thread the little skin at the bottom works (judging from your screenshot you have 2 CPUs of 6 cores and 12 threads each on your Intel Xeon L5640 processor, right?)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

Yincognito wrote: February 15th, 2022, 4:03 pm run perfmon.msc, and in that window, add whatever of these counters you can find on your system
attached
Seems the problem is that in Processor Information I indeed don't have a "% Processor Utility" but rather others like "% Processor Time" instead? If I use perfmon to plot % Processor Time it does seem to correspond with what I'd expect AllCPU to display.
Yincognito wrote: February 15th, 2022, 4:03 pm go here and try to see if and to what CPU core/thread the little skin at the bottom works
I have no idea how to use that code. I'm not a skinner :P
Yincognito wrote: February 15th, 2022, 4:03 pm (judging from your screenshot you have 2 CPUs of 6 cores and 12 threads each on your Intel Xeon L5640 processor, right?)
Correct. dual-socket server board with 2x Xeon L5640 processor, 6c/12t each.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Moonchild wrote: February 16th, 2022, 11:45 am attached
Seems the problem is that in Processor Information I indeed don't have a "% Processor Utility" but rather others like "% Processor Time" instead? If I use perfmon to plot % Processor Time it does seem to correspond with what I'd expect AllCPU to display.
I'm a little baffled at the log you posted above. It is showing errors for things that don't make sense. I suspect there may be a glitch in Rainmeter where it is reporting errors for the wrong measure. The log is indicating that a measure is failing, but the error message references a performance counter that the measure is not even referring to.

In any case, your All CPU Meter should not be using "% Processor Utility" at all because it correctly knows that performance counter does not exist on your machine. It also is reporting errors about NUMA memory, which it also should not be using.

One thing you can try: open the CpuVariables.inc file in the @Resources folder and change the value of the UseLegacyRAMOverride variable from 0 to 1. I don't know if this will help, but it can't hurt.

I've become a little lost as to what is working and what is not. Are you seeing any CPU usage from the individual cores? I can't tell from your log file if things are working, as it is giving errors that make no sense to me.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

SilverAzide wrote: February 16th, 2022, 1:07 pmI suspect there may be a glitch in Rainmeter where it is reporting errors for the wrong measure. The log is indicating that a measure is failing, but the error message references a performance counter that the measure is not even referring to.

In any case, your All CPU Meter should not be using "% Processor Utility" at all because it correctly knows that performance counter does not exist on your machine. It also is reporting errors about NUMA memory, which it also should not be using.
I don't know if it's a glitch in Rainmeter or not, but I've seen this before - not in this specific case, but with other measures. I have no idea if it's the same reason I'm aware of, but what I observed I believe it has something to do with the parsing done by Rainmeter at skin loading time. Some things are parsed anyway in that moment, which could explain some of the errors (if it's even this, that is).

Anyway, maybe I'm wrong with this - just thought it could be useful if by any chance that happens. If not, maybe the measures are referenced in some other place to cause errors which shouldn't be there, I don't know.

P.S. Just noticed that certain group of errors in the log posted by the OP have the exact same timestamp (normally, this would be consistent with the skin loading time hypothesis, but you know best).
Last edited by Yincognito on February 16th, 2022, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Moonchild wrote: February 16th, 2022, 11:45 am attached

I have no idea how to use that code. I'm not a skinner :P

Correct. dual-socket server board with 2x Xeon L5640 processor, 6c/12t each.
Yes, that is the overall problem, but SilverAzide already handles that in his skins, providing an alernate way to get the desired info. The issue is currently that although the alternate method should trigger and work smoothly, for some reason bits of the main method (which involves counters you don't have, as you pointed out) still surface somehow and produce some strange errors.

Yeah, I only mentioned that little skin example to see what would work for you, but it's quite likely that even if your thread count is low enough to be accessible by Rainmeter's CPU measure, it won't be able (yet) to provide information for your second processor. Which is why using the counters or the methods in SilverAzide's skins are necessary (assuming he doesn't use some other utility like HWiNFO or MSI AB in his skins).

I'll let him handle the issue further, since they are his skins and all, but thanks for replying and posting the screenshot, it was useful. ;-)
Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

As a small side note before I try the skin change (I'm rather busy with other things at the moment), the identical time stamps are because it seems to spew one error for each of the (24) processing threads I have. That behavior then repeats after a short delay. if I keep it running in debug mode it'll log errors that inflates my log file at an alarming rate ;-)
Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

SilverAzide wrote: February 16th, 2022, 1:07 pm One thing you can try: open the CpuVariables.inc file in the @Resources folder and change the value of the UseLegacyRAMOverride variable from 0 to 1. I don't know if this will help, but it can't hurt.
No effect. it still doesn't display and still throws the same errors.

As for what is displayed, I'll attach a screenshot.
to answer your question: no, the gadget isn't displaying anything. if it was, I wouldn't really care about the errors so much, but it does nothing. it displays the RAM total and RAM usage, but all the cores remain at 0.
Last edited by Moonchild on February 16th, 2022, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Moonchild wrote: February 16th, 2022, 5:18 pm As a small side note before I try the skin change (I'm rather busy with other things at the moment), the identical time stamps are because it seems to spew one error for each of the (24) processing threads I have. That behavior then repeats after a short delay. if I keep it running in debug mode it'll log errors that inflates my log file at an alarming rate ;-)
Oh, ok. Good to know. :thumbup:
Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

The mystery deepens...

Messing around with the All CPU meter settings, I found out that if I check "Show core temperatures" (which it can't display because I don't have the third party programs needed for it installed), then it starts displaying processor usage... :confused:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Moonchild wrote: February 16th, 2022, 6:00 pm The mystery deepens...

Messing around with the All CPU meter settings, I found out that if I check "Show core temperatures" (which it can't display because I don't have the third party programs needed for it installed), then it starts displaying processor usage... :confused:
So... it works now? :jawdrop