It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:24 pm

Bug with °

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Azona

Bug with °

Post by Azona »

Greetings

I think sins last update I notice my °C lookde weird it had  in front of it this was never issue before. so it looked like this °C instead of °C

I nothice it only appears when you place the Degree Symbol ° so something changed with a update?

anyone can confirm?

Greets
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Bug with °

Post by jsmorley »

Azona wrote: February 16th, 2022, 9:18 am Greetings

I think sins last update I notice my °C lookde weird it had  in front of it this was never issue before. so it looked like this °C instead of °C

I nothice it only appears when you place the Degree Symbol ° so something changed with a update?

anyone can confirm?

Greets
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=132808&hilit=degree#p132903
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

The link in the initial post of your thread for downloading the FiraSans font seems to be outdated. I cant find the font on this page anymore. Instead the font can be found at google-fonts: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Fira+Sans and maybe on some other sites too...
Azona

Post by Azona »

So i'm user of a skin and that have not been updated and sadly propely wont get updated any time soon as been more then 7 years. I got fonts linked but I gues need to edit somewhere to use them? I dont see any fonttyp in skins when editing.

thanks for help so far.

using this rainmeter skin btw https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=21449
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

By the way Windows 11 Notepad now supports saving files as UTF-16LE now
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CyberTheWorm wrote: February 16th, 2022, 5:06 pm By the way Windows 11 Notepad now supports saving files as UTF-16LE now
Why, Windows 10 Notepad doesn't support it?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

CyberTheWorm wrote: February 16th, 2022, 5:06 pm By the way Windows 11 Notepad now supports saving files as UTF-16LE now
Notepad has been able to do that for many years... Here's Win 10:
Image1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: February 16th, 2022, 7:27 pm Why, Windows 10 Notepad doesn't support it?
It does. It was just called Unicode in earlier versions of Notepad, but was always in fact UTF-16LE.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

never noticed it in Win 10 since I always use Notepad++. I just built a new computer and installed Win 11 on it, still installing all the programs. Fun times
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Azona wrote: February 16th, 2022, 2:16 pm So i'm user of a skin and that have not been updated and sadly propely wont get updated any time soon as been more then 7 years. I got fonts linked but I gues need to edit somewhere to use them? I dont see any fonttyp in skins when editing.

thanks for help so far.

using this rainmeter skin btw https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=21449
Can't test the skins ATM since I'm on my phone, but the option is called FontFace, not FontType. Even so, editing the option might not be the best thing to do, as most skins use #Variables# to set various things (including the FontFace), so in that case simply editing the said variable's value in the used .INC files from the @Resources folder of the skins (typically Variables.inc or something similar), followed by a refresh of the skin in question should be enough.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth