It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:39 pm

[BUG?] Unloading skin doesn't stop its loop playing sound

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [BUG?] Unloading skin doesn't stop its loop playing sound

Post by Yincognito »

Active Colors wrote: February 7th, 2022, 10:36 pm There is a proverb in my culture: "Семь раз отмерь, один раз отрежь" which translates as "Measure seven times, cut once" which you can interpret as "Before you do something (i.e. cutting or making statements) measure it seven times (or give seven thoughts about it)".
In my culture as well - and probably others. Here it's similar to "The good thought comes last", basically transmitting the same thing, that wisdom comes after properly thinking about something. It's easy to forget these things in a world always in a hurry nowadays, though - but it's still better than not acknowledging the truth in that popular statement, like some (younger) people usually do. Fortunately, the latter is not the case here, LOL.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

death.crafter wrote: February 7th, 2022, 6:59 pm I guess this bug slipped right through from the start up until now cause no one ever tried to make a music player in rainmeter lol.

And hello Yincognito, it's been a long time :welcome:
https://www.deviantart.com/moshiab/art/Sphynx-Player-591738795
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

No, I think death.crafter actually meant "creating music" using such .wav sounds, not really playing existing .mp3 music, as the latter is pretty common in Rainmeter skins - including my own. :)
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Yeah, but that skin isn't really using Rainmeter to play the music...
Yincognito wrote: February 8th, 2022, 1:41 pm No, I think death.crafter actually meant "creating music" using such .wav sounds, not really playing existing .mp3 music, as the latter is pretty common in Rainmeter skins - including my own. :)
Actually I meant making a rainmeter music player... But I guess I was wrong. Tho that skin doesn't work, and that doesn't make use of PlayLoop bang, that is a valid music player.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

death.crafter wrote: February 8th, 2022, 2:27 pmActually I meant making a rainmeter music player... But I guess I was wrong. Tho that skin doesn't work, and that doesn't make use of PlayLoop bang, that is a valid music player.
Aahhh, I understand what you meant now. Yeah, Rainmeter by itself doesn't play stuff, it just passes them to Windows, Winamp, Spotify and others - no reason to reinvent the wheel here. The only similar place where Rainmeter actually - and partially - does the job instead of other specialized software is "playing" and "drawing" image frames in skins (like displaying, cropping, rotating, or even having to extract GIF frames into an image sequence or a "filmstrip" bitmap instead of "playing" the GIF itself).