It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:32 pm

GPU Meter cannot be configured

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: GPU Meter cannot be configured

Post by SilverAzide »

dippess wrote: January 14th, 2022, 7:36 pm Unfortunately, only this one.
What is still missing here
It does not appear that you've followed all the instructions. It looks like you have not fully configured HWiNFO itself. You need to select which sensors HWiNFO will monitor. The instructions describe the steps you need to follow:

Configure Sensor Settings

Once you've selected all the sensors, THEN you configure the GPU Meter, as described here. It needs to know which items you selected.

All these instructions are also at the top of the HWiNFO.inc file (the one you posted above).

(Configuring HWiNFO is needed for any Rainmeter skin you use that interfaces with HWiNFO, not just the Gadgets. So this is just generic HWiNFO setup that is not really specific to any particular skin.)
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
dippess

Post by dippess »

I went through the instructions again and activated a few more sensors in the HWinfo Gadget tab.

What I do not understand is step 9

Where do I get the index number and where does it have to be entered?

Code: Select all

As entries are selected for reporting, you may notice they are assigned an Index number. This index is the key to mapping your Gadget configuration to the sensor entries in HWiNFO. It is important to note that if you later add or remove entries for reporting, the index values may change and the list of indexes may be reordered. If this occurs, your Gadgets will need to be reconfigured to reference the proper indexes.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dippess

Post by dippess »

I have managed it so far now.
But I can't manage with the memory.

HWiNFO Sensor Entry Index List

Index Sensor                                   Label                          Value
----- ---------------------------------------- ------------------------------ ---------------
0     CPU [#0]: Intel Core i5-8400             Core 0 VID                     0.639 V
1     CPU [#0]: Intel Core i5-8400             Core 0 Clock                   796.6 MHz
2     Drive: Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2 500GB ... Read Rate                      0.000 MB/s
3     GPU [#0]: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti:    GPU Temperature                47.2 °C
4     GPU [#0]: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti:    GPU Core Voltage               0.794 V
5     GPU [#0]: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti:    GPU Fan                        0 RPM
6     GPU [#0]: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti:    GPU Clock                      1,316.0 MHz
7     GPU [#0]: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti:    GPU Memory Clock               1,752.0 MHz
8     GPU [#0]: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti:    GPU Core Load                  0.0 %
9     GPU [#0]: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti:    GPU Fan                        0 %
10    GPU [#0]: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti:    GPU Memory Allocated           544 MB

; -------------------------------------------- GPU #0 ----------------------------------------------
;
;   (For AMD GPUs, see the "SPECIAL NOTE Regarding AMD GPUs" above.)
;   (HWiNFO may not show GPU #0 in cases where you have a dedicated graphics card.)
;
; GPU temperature (degrees)
HWiNFO_GPU0_Temp=3
; GPU core voltage (volts)
HWiNFO_GPU0_CoreVoltage=4
; GPU core clock frequency (MHz)
HWiNFO_GPU0_Clock=6
; GPU memory clock frequency (MHz)
HWiNFO_GPU0_MemoryClock=7
; GPU core load (percent)
HWiNFO_GPU0_CoreLoad=8
; GPU memory usage (percent)
;   NOTE: for *most* nVidia GPUs, this sensor reports the percentage of RAM in use
;   NOTE: for *rare* nVidia GPUs that do NOT have a sensor for memory usage (percent), you MUST set this value to blank
;   NOTE: for all AMD and Intel GPUs, you MUST set this value to blank since this sensor does not exist
HWiNFO_GPU0_MemoryUsage=
; GPU memory allocated (MB)
;   NOTE: for nVidia GPUs, set the following value to the index of the "GPU Memory Allocated" sensor (i.e., amount of VRAM allocated, in megabytes)
;   NOTE: for *some* AMD GPUs, set the following value to the index of the "GPU Memory Usage" sensor (i.e., amount of VRAM allocated, in megabytes)
;   NOTE: for *most* AMD GPUs, set the following value to blank since there is no sensor available to report allocated VRAM
;   NOTE: for Intel GPUs, set the following value to blank since there is no sensor available to report allocated VRAM
HWiNFO_GPU0_MemoryAlloc=10
; GPU fan usage (percent, not RPM!)
;   IMPORTANT: if your GPU sensor does not report fan usage, set the following value to blank
HWiNFO_GPU0_FanUsage=
; GPU fan speed (RPM)
;   NOTE: the GPU fan speed sensor can be either on the graphics card or the motherboard, depending on your hardware
HWiNFO_GPU0_GPUFanSpeed=

; GPU #0 RAM: for AMD GPUs, enter the total amount of dedicated RAM in megabytes (1 GB = 1024 MB)
;             for *most* nVidia GPUs that report memory usage (percent), you MUST set this value to 0 (zero)
;             for *rare* nVidia GPUs that do NOT report memory usage (percent), enter the total amount of dedicated RAM in megabytes (1 GB = 1024 MB)
;             for Intel GPUs, you MUST set this value to 0 (zero), as these GPUs have no dedicated RAM.
GPU0_MemoryTotal=4096

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

dippess wrote: January 15th, 2022, 9:30 am I went through the instructions again and activated a few more sensors in the HWinfo Gadget tab.

What I do not understand is step 9

Where do I get the index number and where does it have to be entered?
Interesting... looking at your screenshot, the "Index" value is not shown. In my screenshot (and also checked against the latest HWiNFO release (v7.16), the Index value is there. Are you using a beta version of HWiNFO or something? Make SURE you are using the latest HWiNFO (v7.02 or later); don't use the v6.x ones, as they will not work properly.

In any case, it looks like you figured it out. The "HWiNFO Sensor Entry Index List" output from the Settings is what you need to get the list. :thumbup:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

dippess wrote: January 15th, 2022, 12:49 pm I have managed it so far now.
But I can't manage with the memory.
OK, looks like you are getting closer.

From the configuration you posted, it appears your memory is configured properly. So unfortunately we'll need to dig a little deeper.

Open the Rainmeter About screen and select the Skins tab. Select the skin Gadgets\GPU Meter\GPU #0 in the left pane. In the right pane, scroll down until you see something like this:
GPUMeterAbout.png
The MeasureGPUMemUsedPercent value should not be zero, and the 3 values after that should not be zero either.
dippess

Post by dippess »

Now it works as it should.
Thanks for the support.

Why does the cpu meter work without configuration?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

dippess wrote: January 15th, 2022, 6:30 pm Now it works as it should.
Thanks for the support.

Why does the cpu meter work without configuration?
It works because it does not depend on HWiNFO. If you were to select the CPU Meter options to show CPU temps and fans, then you would need to configure the HWiNFO settings for it as well. Otherwise, it only needs Rainmeter functions to work. Only up until very recently, Windows itself did not report any GPU information, so you had to use 3rd-party utilities like HWiNFO to monitor GPU information.