It is currently April 24th, 2024, 10:57 pm

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: January 13th, 2022, 6:31 pmWell, I'm extremely surprised.
Exactly my reaction.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

Hello. Unfortunately I am not finding the WeatherComJSONVariables.inc file. Where is it located? I found Moon, Alerts and Measures...
Capture 2022-01-14 at 14.01.16.819.png
EDIT: The GitHub file and my local are named

Code: Select all

WeatherComJSONMeasures.inc
not

WeatherComJSONVariables.inc
Changed as in this thread and now it's working.

Why the different names? 1.8.1 here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
---
Once up a time there was a now playing signature here. Now it is no more. Maybe someone can make a now playing sig gen for Last.fm? :thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

y0himba wrote: January 14th, 2022, 7:01 pm Hello. Unfortunately I am not finding the WeatherComJSONVariables.inc file. Where is it located? I found Moon, Alerts and Measures...

Capture 2022-01-14 at 14.01.16.819.png

EDIT: The GitHub file and my local are named

WeatherComJSONMeasures.inc
not

WeatherComJSONVariables.inc
Changed as in this thread and now it's working.

Why the different names? 1.8.1 here.
The option of the author.

He chose to have the APIKey variable in the ...\ModernGadgets\WeatherMeter\Includes\WeatherComJSONMeasures.inc file. Some of us - including me, by the way - chose to deviate from the weather file structure proposed by jsmorley in his Weather.com skin. The reasons for that are varied, from being more compact to having different variables and skin systems. This is not that relevant in this case, since a simple search for the APIKey string in the .inc files from the @Resources folder usually identifies the file that needs to be modified. Assuming one has a tool to search for strings within the files from a certain path, of course.
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

I did, luckily. I am an old fart and it's easier to search the files than to open each single file.
---
Once up a time there was a now playing signature here. Now it is no more. Maybe someone can make a now playing sig gen for Last.fm? :thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

y0himba wrote: January 14th, 2022, 7:45 pm I did, luckily. I am an old fart and it's easier to search the files than to open each single file.
Well, as they say, new ways are not always better - old ones can be just as good. Don't worry, I prefer the same method when it comes to a greater amount of files, and I'm not that old ... yet. I still remember DOS, Norton Commander, Dos Navigator, and all that. Windows Explorer is lucky to be open on my computer once in 6 months, otherwise Total Commander rules. :D
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

I'm using a new manager, OneCommander. I cheat and grep files.,.
---
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

y0himba wrote: January 14th, 2022, 8:20 pm I'm using a new manager, OneCommander. I cheat and grep files.,.
Nice! :thumbup:
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

To be honest though, I miss DOS. I miss all Windows versions before XP. One could really dig into the DOS back of the Windows GUI and get things done quickly. I always have a DOS window open on the other monitor, sometimes a terminal, sometimes BASH. I'm not a coder although I can follow HTML, PHP, CGI, CSS and the like. I'm a Navy vet, and an ex-truck driver.

You can test someone's knowledge by asking them to configure Trumpet Winsock in DOS. :D
---
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

y0himba wrote: January 14th, 2022, 9:31 pm To be honest though, I miss DOS. I miss all Windows versions before XP. One could really dig into the DOS back of the Windows GUI and get things done quickly. I always have a DOS window open on the other monitor, sometimes a terminal, sometimes BASH. I'm not a coder although I can follow HTML, PHP, CGI, CSS and the like. I'm a Navy vet, and an ex-truck driver.

You can test someone's knowledge by asking them to configure Trumpet Winsock in DOS. :D
Yes, there was speed in doing things then, now speed is constantly challenged by the amount of resources being handled by a system. I was shocked to see how quickly Win98 moved a couple of years ago when In temporarily installed it before getting back to the then contemporary OS. Din't hear about Trumpet Winsock until now, although I do have reasonable knowledge of the DOS / Windows "infrastructure" and a few programming languages, but then I was never what you would call an expert in network related things anyway. :D

Not a vet nor could I be one, but I do have friends who are truck trivers, worked in a transport company having around 50 truck drivers (not as a driver though) ... and currently play a truck simulator, so ... I somewhat share that thing with you. ;-)
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

y0himba wrote: January 14th, 2022, 7:45 pm it's easier to search the files than to open each single file.
Just slightly expand your Everything query:
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.