It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:15 am

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
spiff72

Re: ModernGadgets 1.8.1

Post by spiff72 »

Did something break in the weather meter gadget recently? I get N/A and updated at 12:00 AM all the time now - even after a refresh.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

spiff72

Post by spiff72 »

Weird - I don't have a place to add the API key? I thought maybe I was outdated (and I was), so downloaded the latest 1.8.1 and still no field for the API key (in the weather gadget settings). Am I looking in the wrong place?
spiff72

Post by spiff72 »

Oops - I read a bit further in that linked thread and I see i have to find and edit a JSON file. I will try that!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

spiff72 wrote: January 14th, 2022, 5:23 pm Oops - I read a bit further in that linked thread and I see i have to find and edit a JSON file. I will try that!
It's not a JSON file... Try this: https://github.com/raiguard/ModernGadgets/issues/274
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
spiff72

Post by spiff72 »

SilverAzide wrote: January 14th, 2022, 5:41 pm It's not a JSON file... Try this: https://github.com/raiguard/ModernGadgets/issues/274
Sorry - I misspoke there on the file type. it is WeatherComJSONVariables.inc

However, this file doesn't exist in the ModernGadgets skin folders. I tried to create one (with the right key) based on that other thread linked, but still no luck.

Maybe ModernGadgets doesn't implement the key in the same way?
spiff72

Post by spiff72 »

Update - I found the apikey referenced in two files (both in the ModernGadgets\WeatherMeter\Includes folder):
AstroMeasures.inc
WeatherComJSONMeasures.inc

Changed it in both of those and back to normal!

Thanks!
Makai

Post by Makai »

RevBillyG wrote: December 30th, 2021, 8:13 pm Great suite thanks a lot.

However, it seems that the CPU temps aren't working for Alder Lake CPUs.
I can see the results in HWiNFOIndexList.txt fine but, then add the sensor numbers to HWiNFOSettings.inc but the skin still shows 0c
I ran into the same issue with my new i7 Alder Lake CPU. Digging around a bit in the skin files it seems like the issue is related to how #threadsPerCore# is calculated.

As a workaround, going into Rainmeter\Skins\ModernGadgets\CpuMeter\Includes\CoreMeasures\CoreMeasures8.inc and CoreMeasures16.inc and removing the

Code: Select all

|| (#cpuCores# / #threadsPerCore# < X))
section from the Disabled variables in each of of the [MeasureCpuTempHwinfoCoreX] seemed to do the job.

SilverAzide wrote: December 31st, 2021, 2:46 am I don't mean to redirect your question, but would you mind trying the Gadgets suite (download here) to see if it works with your Alder Lake CPU? I went to great pains to make sure it would work, but I could not test it. I don't know of any other skin that would work properly with an Alder Lake CPU. ModernGadgets is a reworking of the Gadgets suite, so if it works, then raiguard would have a path forward to update his CPU Meter.
I tested the original Gadgets suite and that worked perfectly fine.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Makai wrote: January 29th, 2022, 12:37 am I tested the original Gadgets suite and that worked perfectly fine.
Thank you for the feedback and testing!
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
JWS

Using in the office

Post by JWS »

Currently in my office(HWiNFO v7 is NOT available) I'm using ModernGadgets 1.8.1 with Speedfan(seems to be abandoned).

Which is better?

1. Keep current environment
2. HWiNFO v6+ModernGadgets 1.7

P.S. I also think a guide for other hardwares(e.g. AMD CPU+GPU) is necessary.