It is currently April 24th, 2024, 9:41 am

Substitute

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Substitute

Post by balala »

Alloutofmercy wrote: January 12th, 2022, 8:54 am I cant find any zeroes in the substitution so I rewrote it again. Now the zero is gone from the error message
CodeCode is definitely right: the last posted screenshot and your last code doesn't match each other. Both the path of the image and its name are different. In your last code the substitutions have been done to images into the @Resources folder (which in a Rainmeter code is represented by the #@# variable) and the files should have been named as Jan1.png, Feb1.png and so on. But on the last screenshot the folder in which the images should reside is (as CodeCode wrote) the config itself (Maximalist suite), while the images should have been named as January.png (and probably February.png and so on).
So as suggested by CodeCode, please make a new screenshot AND attach the code which has been used to create that screenshot.
Alloutofmercy

Post by Alloutofmercy »

The code is the same and the logs aren't the same
Screenshot 2022-01-12 182424.png
Screenshot 2022-01-12 182341.png

Code: Select all

[measureDate]
Measure=Time
Format=%B

Substitute="1":"#@#Jan1.png","2":"#@#Feb2.png","3":"#@#Mar3.png","4":"#@#Apr4.png","5":"#@#May5.png","6":"#@#June6.png","7":"#@#July7.png","8":"#@#Aug.png","9":"#@#Sep9.png","10":"#@#Oct10.png","11":"#@#Nov.png","12":"#@#Dec12.png"
For somegodamn reason rainmeter is assuming Jan1.png to be January.png

Yeah and all of em are in the #@# resources folder
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BOOTY
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Alloutofmercy wrote: January 12th, 2022, 12:56 pm

[measureDate]
Measure=Time
Format=%B

Substitute="1":"#@#Jan1.png","2":"#@#Feb2.png","3":"#@#Mar3.png","4":"#@#Apr4.png","5":"#@#May5.png","6":"#@#June6.png","7":"#@#July7.png","8":"#@#Aug.png","9":"#@#Sep9.png","10":"#@#Oct10.png","11":"#@#Nov.png","12":"#@#Dec12.png"
For somegodamn reason rainmeter is assuming Jan1.png to be January.png

Yeah and all of em are in the #@# resources folder
Because for some goddamn reason you decided to use Format=%B instead of Format=%m ;-)
from the Realm of Death
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

death.crafter wrote: January 12th, 2022, 1:13 pm Because for some goddamn reason you decided to use Format=%B instead of Format=%m ;-)
Awesome :lol:
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

death.crafter wrote: January 12th, 2022, 1:13 pm Because for some goddamn reason you decided to use Format=%B instead of Format=%m ;-)
Good catch!!! Didn't realize this, but now it makes sense, definitely does.
Alloutofmercy wrote: January 12th, 2022, 12:56 pm Yeah and all of em are in the #@# resources folder
Due to the above small mistake, discovered by death.crafter, the substitution doesn't go on, nothing is substituted, so the [month] Image meter is looking for an image called January.png, into the root config. Not finding it the error messages are shown in the log.
The solution is pretty simple, as described by death.crafter: replace the Format=%B option of the [measureDate] measure, by Format=%m.
Alloutofmercy

Post by Alloutofmercy »

Strange. It still dosent work. I thought you were right cause for some reason I thought %B will return a numeric value of the month instead of the name of the month. That was the reason I changed it to %B in the first place
Screenshot 2022-01-12 193827.png

[measureDate]
Measure=Time
Format=%m

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BOOTY
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Alloutofmercy wrote: January 12th, 2022, 2:11 pm Strange. It still dosent work. I thought you were right cause for some reason I thought %B will return a numeric value of the month instead of the name of the month. That was the reason I changed it to %B in the first place
Am not sure: does it work now?
Alloutofmercy

Post by Alloutofmercy »

no
BOOTY
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Can you please create a Rainmeter skin package of this so we can test it with all of your code and images?

The solution may be simple, but without a package all these replies are unlikely to help.
Alloutofmercy

Post by Alloutofmercy »

You are right. Here is the package. The images were edited by me
Last edited by Alloutofmercy on January 14th, 2022, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
BOOTY