Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 7.2.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: January 12th, 2022, 3:07 am
No problem, I don't mind your posts! :D

For the Clipboard Meter, are you referring to this one? Because it does have a Settings skin that will let you configure it, and it already matches the Gadgets appearance. But one known problem is that it is set to be a "patch" or "add-in" to the Gadgets suite. As a result, when you upgrade the main suite, the Clipboard Meter skin will get deleted and you'll have to re-install the patch. It's possible to install it as a stand-alone skin that is independent of the suite; let me know if you want to try that.

As far as the positioning or layouts, I'm not sure I've seen the issues you are reporting. It sounds like a Rainmeter issue or that other program you are using, since the Gadgets don't really do anything with layouts. :confused:
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

yea wasn't really convinced it was related to gadgets themselves, since it was only those which I had edited myself that were affected (IE the clock I made, and the clipboard I had to edit to have settings stick)

Btw the one I just installed (from first page, the new clipboard u added sometime back) - setting option actually works now :D (IE can change the background by selecting the radio buttons, which could not do before if u remember a few months back)
Tyjen

Post by Tyjen »

SilverAzide said:
"you'll note that both commands involve opening your text editor and both are failing, which leads me to believe you might have misconfigured something. By default, Rainmeter opens Notepad to edit things, but you can change this to a different editor. If you open the Rainmeter Manage dialog and go to the Settings tab, check to see that the Editor option is blank, or contains the correct path of a text editor. If you installed Notepad++, changed Rainmeter to point to it, then (on your new machine) didn't install Notepad++ (or installed it in a different place), then Rainmeter will be trying to run a program that doesn't exist and failing.

Check the log and this option and let me know how it goes."
=========================
My reply to your comment:
I am using a profile with Administrator privileges. And have run into issues were with windows 11, that privilege can be a blessing and a curse, depending on app and action.
As for following your suggestion for windows 11 is moving the notepad to the store. I have the preview version running (nice in system theme). Anyway, the file path changed to "c:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WinodwsNotepad_10.2103" etcetera. Rainmeter had file path. Notepad has since changed the file path again. Since its now listed as a Modern UI App in MS Store and can be found in C:\Windows. both links open the preview version of Notepad.

So, I set the file path as per your noted direction [place to modify the file path], and now both settings function as intended. I guess with Microsoft moving Apps and changing some from exe to UI App, this file place issue will happen again. If the OS is not communicating changes to 3rd party apps.

Again, thank you for providing an option that worked.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Tyjen wrote: January 12th, 2022, 11:35 am
Wow, I totally forgot that MS was changing Notepad to a Store app! I wonder how this will impact the default Rainmeter configuration (i.e., which invokes the original Notepad.exe). Thanks for the feedback! I'm guessing your issue is the first of many similar ones as Win11 usage picks up.
digidog

Post by digidog »

SilverAzide wrote: January 12th, 2022, 12:33 pm Wow, I totally forgot that MS was changing Notepad to a Store app! I wonder how this will impact the default Rainmeter configuration (i.e., which invokes the original Notepad.exe). Thanks for the feedback! I'm guessing your issue is the first of many similar ones as Win11 usage picks up.
I have been redirecting rainmeter to notepad++ since day one LOL

Just made the jump to HWINFO 7.16 and Gadgets 7.2.0 from 6.42 and 5.5.1 and I am delighted to see that my
R5 3600, R5 5600x and R7 5800x all show per core temps now !!!! (Among other refinements such as the Weather working again :D )

When did you start rounding the corners of the default view ?? How would a fella modify the files to make them square again ?

I ask because the white inner border seems to poke the rounded corners if scaled down to say 0.85 or so..

I cannot thank you enough for the work that you do in maintaining this project.

Regards,

Ian
digidog

Post by digidog »

P.S. I thought I would share your gadgets on a 7" 1024 x 600 display I picked up cheap. It is meant to be a touch screen for a Raspberry PI but I love it as a status display. (On this little monitor Gadgets are up-scaled to 1.63 on my other single monitor desktop i have them scaled down to 0.85)

Now if I could get Win 10 to only sleep 1 monitor I would be laughing :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

digidog wrote: January 16th, 2022, 7:38 am P.S. I thought I would share your gadgets on a 7" 1024 x 600 display I picked up cheap. It is meant to be a touch screen for a Raspberry PI but I love it as a status display. (On this little monitor Gadgets are up-scaled to 1.63 on my other single monitor desktop i have them scaled down to 0.85)
This is really cool! :thumbup: Thanks very much for sharing! :great:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

digidog wrote: January 16th, 2022, 6:48 am Just made the jump to HWINFO 7.16 and Gadgets 7.2.0 from 6.42 and 5.5.1 and I am delighted to see that my
R5 3600, R5 5600x and R7 5800x all show per core temps now !!!! (Among other refinements such as the Weather working again :D )

When did you start rounding the corners of the default view ?? How would a fella modify the files to make them square again ?

I ask because the white inner border seems to poke the rounded corners if scaled down to say 0.85 or so..
I think I added the slight roundness in v6.0.0 to make them match the original Addgadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets. They were actually rounded originally, and in some long past version I then made them square.

To make them square is a little bit of an ordeal, but it's the same for every skin (hopefully!) so in theory you can fix them all with a few global search-and-replaces.

In general, the background for every skin is drawn by a meter named [MeterBackGround]. This meter looks something like this (in pseudo-code):

Code: Select all

[MeterBackground]
Meter=Shape
Shape2=Rectangle <exp X>,<exp Y>,<exp W>,<exp H>,6 | Fill Color ...
Shape3=Rectangle <exp X>,<exp Y>,<exp W>,<exp H>,4 | Fill Color ...
Shape4=Rectangle <exp X>,<exp Y>,<exp W>,<exp H>,1 | Fill Color ...
Shape5=Rectangle <exp X>,<exp Y>,<exp W>,<exp H>,1 | Fill LinearGradient ...
See those "6, 4, 1, 1" values as the fifth arguments of the rectangle? Those are the corner radius values. All you would need to do is change them all to zero. If you are good with regex expressions in Notepad++, you might be able to make the change in one shot (I stink at regexes, LOL).

Edit:
Now that I think of it, those radius values are actually wrong.. they should be multiplied by the scale factor, and not be just simple constants. Oh well, maybe next version!
digidog

Post by digidog »

I skipped the zero values and tried adding the scaling as you hinted you may update to, by means of stealing how you scaled the other factors.. It looks yucky when scaled above or below 1x. Perhaps because the radius values are different for the base and white border ?? I will experiment...

CpuMain.inc starting at line 3314 (per Notepad++) for anyone else that wants to look ;)

[MeterBackground]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,(#BgWidth# * #Scale#),(#BgHeight# * #Scale#) | Fill Color #ColorBg#,1 | StrokeWidth 0
Shape2=Rectangle (4 * #Scale#),(4 * #Scale#),((#BgWidth# - 8) * #Scale#),((#BgHeight# - 8) * #Scale#),(6 * #Scale#) | Fill Color #ColorBg#,((#BgStyle# = 0) ? #BgAlpha# / 2 : ((#BgStyle# = 1) ? #BgAlpha# / 3 : 0)) | StrokeWidth 0
Shape3=Rectangle (5 * #Scale#),(5 * #Scale#),((#BgWidth# - 10) * #Scale#),((#BgHeight# - 10) * #Scale#),(4 * #Scale#) | Fill Color #ColorBg#,((#BgStyle# = 0) ? #BgAlpha# : ((#BgStyle# = 1) ? #BgAlpha# / 3 : 0)) | StrokeWidth 0
Shape4=Rectangle (6 * #Scale#),(6 * #Scale#),((#BgWidth# - 12) * #Scale#),((#BgHeight# - 12) * #Scale#),(1 * #Scale#) | Fill Color ((#BgStyle# = 0) ? 164 : 0),((#BgStyle# = 0) ? 160 : 0),((#BgStyle# = 0) ? 160 : 0),((#BgStyle# = 0) ? #BgAlpha# : ((#BgStyle# = 1) ? #BgAlpha# / 3 : #BgAlpha#)) | StrokeWidth 0
Shape5=Rectangle (7 * #Scale#),(7 * #Scale#),((#BgWidth# - 14) * #Scale#),((#BgHeight# - 14) * #Scale#),(1 * #Scale#) | Fill LinearGradient MyFillGradient | StrokeWidth 0
MyFillGradient=270 | ((#BgStyle# = 0) ? 70 : 0),((#BgStyle# = 0) ? 70 : 0),((#BgStyle# = 0) ? 70 : 0),#BgAlpha# ; 0.0 | #ColorBg#,#BgAlpha# ; 1.0
UpdateDivider=-1
digidog

Post by digidog »

I should have just tried it before submitting the post lol

Using a scaled radius that is the same in both Shape2 and Shape3 works like a charm !

Shape2=Rectangle (4 * #Scale#),(4 * #Scale#),((#BgWidth# - 8) * #Scale#),((#BgHeight# - 8) * #Scale#),(4 * #Scale#) | Fill Color #ColorBg#,((#BgStyle# = 0) ? #BgAlpha# / 2 : ((#BgStyle# = 1) ? #BgAlpha# / 3 : 0)) | StrokeWidth 0
Shape3=Rectangle (5 * #Scale#),(5 * #Scale#),((#BgWidth# - 10) * #Scale#),((#BgHeight# - 10) * #Scale#),(4 * #Scale#) | Fill Color #ColorBg#,((#BgStyle# = 0) ? #BgAlpha# : ((#BgStyle# = 1) ? #BgAlpha# / 3 : 0)) | StrokeWidth 0
Shape4=Rectangle (6 * #Scale#),(6 * #Scale#),((#BgWidth# - 12) * #Scale#),((#BgHeight# - 12) * #Scale#),(1 * #Scale#) | Fill Color ((#BgStyle# = 0) ? 164 : 0),((#BgStyle# = 0) ? 160 : 0),((#BgStyle# = 0) ? 160 : 0),((#BgStyle# = 0) ? #BgAlpha# : ((#BgStyle# = 1) ? #BgAlpha# / 3 : #BgAlpha#)) | StrokeWidth 0
Shape5=Rectangle (7 * #Scale#),(7 * #Scale#),((#BgWidth# - 14) * #Scale#),((#BgHeight# - 14) * #Scale#),(1 * #Scale#) | Fill LinearGradient MyFillGradient | StrokeWidth 0