It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:27 pm

Rainmeter installer in Arabic

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
pakwo

Rainmeter installer in Arabic

Post by pakwo »

I don't know what happened, suddenly I can't either update into 4.5.7 or installing a new one with older version. Dialog box error showing arabic warning that I don't understand what it said. Did anyone ever face this problem?
Regards
--solved--
Dang it, it only need to run my installer as administrator to solve this.
Brian
Developer

Re: Rainmeter installer in Arabic

Post by Brian »

For some unknown reason this comes up every so often. While the exact cause is unknown, the issue seems to be how NSIS (the software that builds our installer) finds and selects the language to display on the installer. It seems that when it cannot find the correct language code to use, it defaults to Arabic in some cases.

None of the development team has been able to reproduce this problem.

In an attempt to fix the issue, could you try installing the version below? There should be no need to run this installer as an administrator.
https://builds.rainmeter.net/test_builds/Rainmeter-4.5.8.3582-prerelease.exe

Thanks,
-Brian

Referenced posts:
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Brian wrote: December 17th, 2021, 4:24 pm It seems that when it cannot find the correct language code to use, it defaults to Arabic in some cases.
Just a wild guess. Could it be due to Arabic being first on the list of languages? If you try making some language that would stand before Arabic, it could choose this language instad of Arabic. For example, (Default), since it has a bracket character it will stand on the top of the list. I know it is a havky solution to some uncertain problem, just wanted to share some idea.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Active Colors wrote: December 17th, 2021, 5:49 pm Just a wild guess. Could it be due to Arabic being first on the list of languages?
Yeah, that is basically the approach I took, along with re-ordering some other items. It isn't supposed to work that way, but you never know!

-Brian
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

pakwo wrote: December 17th, 2021, 3:08 am I don't know what happened, suddenly I can't either update into 4.5.7 or installing a new one with older version. Dialog box error showing arabic warning that I don't understand what it said. Did anyone ever face this problem?
Regards
--solved--
Dang it, it only need to run my installer as administrator to solve this.
Btw, what is your system language? I'm curious about in what cases the installer is not able to detect the system language and whether it happens only with specific language.
pakwo

Post by pakwo »

Brian wrote: December 17th, 2021, 4:24 pm For some unknown reason this comes up every so often. While the exact cause is unknown, the issue seems to be how NSIS (the software that builds our installer) finds and selects the language to display on the installer. It seems that when it cannot find the correct language code to use, it defaults to Arabic in some cases.

None of the development team has been able to reproduce this problem.

In an attempt to fix the issue, could you try installing the version below? There should be no need to run this installer as an administrator.
https://builds.rainmeter.net/test_builds/Rainmeter-4.5.8.3582-prerelease.exe

Thanks,
-Brian

Referenced posts:
My deeply apologies for late reply. I should try it and here's the result.
It solved by running it as admin.
Active Colors wrote: December 30th, 2021, 3:47 pm Btw, what is your system language? I'm curious about in what cases the installer is not able to detect the system language and whether it happens only with specific language.
System language is English US while I'm an Indonesian.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Given your screenshot, it looks like the Arabic issue might be solved.

As to the error you are seeing, it looks like you selected a portable installation but chose a Windows Protected Folder (like "Program Files")...so running the installer "as an admin" fixed that as well.

-Brian
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Brian wrote: January 8th, 2022, 5:40 am Given your screenshot, it looks like the Arabic issue might be solved.

As to the error you are seeing, it looks like you selected a portable installation but chose a Windows Protected Folder (like "Program Files")...so running the installer "as an admin" fixed that as well.

-Brian
Screenshot 2022-01-08 142848.png
It seems to happen when you have a wrong path, or empty path, as you can see in the OP's snap.

I think you should check for the path's validity and accordingly enable or disable the OK button. Well, I mean precautions are better I guess.