It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 1:08 pm

[FEATURE] BevelType Color

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [FEATURE] BevelType Color

Post by death.crafter »

SilverAzide wrote: December 30th, 2021, 4:29 pm Thank you very much! Bevels are back, and more bevelly than ever!
But would you use them?
from the Realm of Death
David8192

Post by David8192 »

Brian wrote: December 30th, 2021, 8:38 am BevelColor and BevelColor2 have been added and will be available for the next release.

For BevelType=1, the BevelColor will represent the color on the left and top edges of the skin/meter. BevelColor2 will represent the colors on the right and bottom of the skin/meter.

For BevelType=2, the BevelColor will represent the color on the right and bottom edges of the skin/meter. BevelColor2 will represent the colors on the left and top of the skin/meter.

I also fixed the issue reported here:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=31791#p160578

-Brian
:17drums :party: :yahoo: :Fire :CheckMark
Can't wait!
the DA GALLERY 8-) For some Reason, the square root of X2 does not involve X
David8192

Post by David8192 »

David8192 wrote: January 7th, 2022, 8:48 am :17drums :party: :yahoo: :Fire :CheckMark
Can't wait!
Shouldda done this a lot sooner. :lol:
the DA GALLERY 8-) For some Reason, the square root of X2 does not involve X
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Brian wrote: December 30th, 2021, 8:38 am BevelColor and BevelColor2 have been added and will be available for the next release.

For BevelType=1, the BevelColor will represent the color on the left and top edges of the skin/meter. BevelColor2 will represent the colors on the right and bottom of the skin/meter.

For BevelType=2, the BevelColor will represent the color on the right and bottom edges of the skin/meter. BevelColor2 will represent the colors on the left and top of the skin/meter.

I also fixed the issue reported here:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=31791#p160578

-Brian
Sorry to ressurect a months old thread like that, but I only saw this now. Any chance to add a similar BevelWidth option to control the bevel thickness (and would it be possible to allow it to use fractional values like 0.5 or 1.5 as well)? I posted such a feature request on this matter a while ago, but got totally ignored. :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: February 14th, 2022, 5:31 pm Any chance to add a similar BevelWidth option to control the bevel thickness (and would it be possible to allow it to use fractional values like 0.5 or 1.5 as well)?
I think this would be a very useful feature if would been added. So crossing fingers...
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Aren't bevels are hardcoded into Windows? There was always a way to change their colors but never the thickness. Even the white/black glares that imitate 3D effect were not changeable.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Active Colors wrote: February 14th, 2022, 8:56 pm Aren't bevels are hardcoded into Windows?
Don't know, but if you are right and they are, it sucks...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Active Colors wrote: February 14th, 2022, 8:56 pmAren't bevels are hardcoded into Windows? There was always a way to change their colors but never the thickness. Even the white/black glares that imitate 3D effect were not changeable.
Hmm... you may be right.
balala wrote: February 14th, 2022, 9:14 pmDon't know, but if you are right and they are, it sucks...
So true.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Active Colors wrote: February 14th, 2022, 8:56 pm Aren't bevels are hardcoded into Windows? There was always a way to change their colors but never the thickness. Even the white/black glares that imitate 3D effect were not changeable.
Rainmeter manually draws them. There are 8 lines to draw (2 for each edge), and their position depends on whether they are "skin" bevels, or "meter" bevels. Skin bevels draw "inside" or within the bounds of the skin. Meter bevels draw outside of the meter.

While I am sure adding a proper "width" to this is possible, I am not sure we are going to explore this too much, given all the manually drawing.

IMO, I think using a shape meter gives the most flexibility.

-Brian
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Brian wrote: February 15th, 2022, 5:52 am While I am sure adding a proper "width" to this is possible, I am not sure we are going to explore this too much, given all the manually drawing.

IMO, I think using a shape meter gives the most flexibility.
Many thanks for the explanation. Makes sense.
I think using the Shape meter is indeed a much more flexible approach and I agree with this, however adding the "width" ("thickness" or whatever) would have its own advantages as well. Namely that it's much shorter to add one or two options to an existing meter, than create a new one, which has to be handled distinctly from the (for instance) String meter.
But I understand if this is not a priority. And thanks for all the effort of continuously improving Rainmeter.