It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 8:31 pm

Sexagesimal Clock

Clocks and timer skins
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Sexagesimal Clock

Post by eclectic-tech »

I was inspired by oZone's binary clock post and remembered FlyingHyrax had done a similar skin a while ago.

I decided to do a small update to FlyingHyrax's skin; I added:
  • Scaling (scroll mouse, mid-click to reset size)
  • Chameleon colors (set light or dark hexes from context menu)
  • A help display (left-click to toggle help display)
  • Date/Time Tooltip on mouse over
While it doesn't offer different shapes like oZone's, it does scale, shows date/time in standard form, and utilize desktop colors.
So, enjoy either one!
sexascale.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Infideluxe

Re: Sexagesimal Clock

Post by Infideluxe »

Hey there eclectic-tech...

Your skin is hardwired to version 4.5.8.3587 or higher, and that limitation may reduce its audience.

I'm no expert in this stuff, but I think that unless a skin uses really cutting-edge features, it's probably sufficient to specify only version 4.2 or higher when your're creating your rmskin package. (I read this somewhere.)
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Thanks for the suggestion.

You are right that this skin does not require the latest version to work, and I usually do set required versions based on the requirements of the skin, but in this case, I just used the default version of Rainmeter set by the packager.

Since it is an update of another author's creation, I will not be posting it anywhere else for distribution to the masses. :uhuh:

I may change the requirement level to an earlier version, but we no longer offer beta releases and using the latest version of Rainmeter is what I recommend.

It may reduce who can install it using skininstaller.exe, but it can always be manually extracted and copied to SKINS, or it may prompt people to update to the latest version of Rainmeter. Any of those are not necessarily bad, so it may just remain as it is for now.

Thanks again. :welcome:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote: January 6th, 2022, 12:38 am Thanks for the suggestion.

You are right that this skin does not require the latest version to work, and I usually do set required versions based on the requirements of the skin, but in this case, I just used the default version of Rainmeter set by the packager.

Since it is an update of another author's creation, I will not be posting it anywhere else for distribution to the masses. :uhuh:

I may change the requirement level to an earlier version, but we no longer offer beta releases and using the latest version of Rainmeter is what I recommend.

It may reduce who can install it using skininstaller.exe, but it can always be manually extracted and copied to SKINS, or it may prompt people to update to the latest version of Rainmeter. Any of those are not necessarily bad, so it may just remain as it is for now.

Thanks again. :welcome:
Yes, and I certainly recommend just staying current with the latest release version of Rainmeter. With the auto-update we offer now, it's easy to do so.
Infideluxe

Post by Infideluxe »

Great information and advice.
I just want people to tell me what to do.
Thank you very much!