It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:52 am

Need help translate text in weather

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
kungkan

Need help translate text in weather

Post by kungkan »

Hi, i am a new user of rainmeter.

I like this skin and have it translated into my language, and i'm stuck with something like the picture, how to fully translate the weather info. I come from Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. I need help, thanks all.
InkedScreenshot_1_LI.jpg
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Need help translate text in weather

Post by balala »

kungkan wrote: January 5th, 2022, 12:32 pm I like this skin and have it translated into my language, and i'm stuck with something like the picture, how to fully translate the weather info. I come from Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. I need help, thanks all.InkedScreenshot_1_LI.jpg
Would be nice not to post screenshots, because they are completely useless. Instead we'd need a skin name and a link where we can download it (I suppose it's not your own skin, right?).
Just as a side note if the skin uses weather.com as source, you have a variable in the URL which you can use to translate the strings returned by the skin.
So first post please a skin name and a link, or if you don't have such things, pack the whole config you1re working with and upload the package here.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

The weather seems to be in Ageo by apexxx-sensei
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: January 5th, 2022, 1:49 pm The weather seems to be in Ageo by apexxx-sensei
If you are right and indeed this is the skin, well, to be honest I doubt it does work, because it uses wxdata as source, which as we know, has been deprecated long time ago. Or, if it works, I suppose the code has been rewritten, but if kungkan rewrote it, I don't really believe he can't translate (rewriting such a code, however requires some knowledge).
So still waiting for kungkan to precise which skin is he working with and upload the package, if the code has been rewritten.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Open 'Skins\Ageo\@Resources\WeatherComJSONVariables.inc' in your editor.

Set Language and Units variables:

Code: Select all

; Language=en-US
Language=vi-VN

; Units=e
Units=m
Save the file and refresh the skin.
ageoVietnam.png
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: January 5th, 2022, 9:07 pm Open 'Skins\Ageo\@Resources\WeatherComJSONVariables.inc' in your editor.

Set Language and Units variables:

Code: Select all

; Language=en-US
Language=vi-VN

; Units=e
Units=m
Save the file and refresh the skin.
ageoVietnam.png
Sorry, what are you talking about? I downloaded the skin posted by you above, installed it and as said, it uses the deprecated wxdata as source. The Skins\Ageo\@Resources\WeatherComJSONVariables.inc file doesn't even exist.
Am I missing something? :confused:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote: January 5th, 2022, 9:25 pm Sorry, what are you talking about? I downloaded the skin posted by you above, installed it and as said, it uses the deprecated wxdata as source. The Skins\Ageo\@Resources\WeatherComJSONVariables.inc file doesn't even exist.
Am I missing something? :confused:
I used a version I had in my "skin archives" and apparently it is not the same as what you downloaded.

Hm... my version may be one I corrected to use the updated method in response to a previous forum post.
Sorry for the confusion balala :oops:

If the OP still has the same issue as you, I will offer them my updated version.
kungkan

Post by kungkan »

eclectic-tech wrote: January 6th, 2022, 12:50 am I used a version I had in my "skin archives" and apparently it is not the same as what you downloaded.

Hm... my version may be one I corrected to use the updated method in response to a previous forum post.
Sorry for the confusion balala :oops:

If the OP still has the same issue as you, I will offer them my updated version.
Thanks for replying me <3 Exactly, I downloaded the skin you mentioned but as balala said, that path doesn't exist. How can I use the same version as you?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

kungkan wrote: January 6th, 2022, 2:22 am Thanks for replying me <3 Exactly, I downloaded the skin you mentioned but as balala said, that path doesn't exist. How can I use the same version as you?
You could follow the methods to download the weather files from this post, then extract and save them in Skins\Ageo\@Resources folder.
Open @Resources\WeatherComJSONVariables.inc in that folder, edit the values to match your location, units, and language, save it, and Refresh All in Manage dialog.

I will create a patch rmskin, in the next day or so, that will install the working DateTime skin and include the necessary weather files and post it here for future requests.
EDIT: Here is a PATCH rmskin that includes updated:
  • Ageo\Time and Date\Time and Date.ini skin
  • Ageo\Settings\Settings.ini skin
  • Ageo\@Resources\WeatherComJSONLanguage.inc
  • Ageo\@Resources\WeatherComJSONMeasures3Day.inc
  • Ageo\@Resources\WeatherComJSONVariables.inc
  • Ageo\@Resources\MeasureNamesReference.txt
  • Ageo\@Resources\Language\English.inc
  • Ageo\@Resources\Language\Language.inc (partially translated to Vietnamese)
Ageo Weather Patch_1.2022.01.05.rmskin
(19.32 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
This will not overwrite any other files in the Ageo suite. It will replace and add only these files.
After setting your latitude, longitude, and C/F, the Time and Date.ini skin will show updated weather information.
The updated settings skin was changed to update the new weather variables.
You can follow the original instructions in the skin to translate the suite to your desired language.
kungkan

Post by kungkan »

eclectic-tech wrote: January 6th, 2022, 3:29 am You could follow the methods to download the weather files from this post, then extract and save them in Skins\Ageo\@Resources folder.
Open @Resources\WeatherComJSONVariables.inc in that folder, edit the values to match your location, units, and language, save it, and Refresh All in Manage dialog.

I will create a patch rmskin, in the next day or so, that will install the working DateTime skin and include the necessary weather files and post it here for future requests.
EDIT: Here is a PATCH rmskin that includes updated:
  • Ageo\Time and Date\Time and Date.ini skin
  • Ageo\Settings\Settings.ini skin
  • Ageo\@Resources\WeatherComJSONLanguage.inc
  • Ageo\@Resources\WeatherComJSONMeasures3Day.inc
  • Ageo\@Resources\WeatherComJSONVariables.inc
  • Ageo\@Resources\MeasureNamesReference.txt
  • Ageo\@Resources\Language\English.inc
  • Ageo\@Resources\Language\Language.inc (partially translated to Vietnamese)
Ageo Weather Patch_1.2022.01.05.rmskin
This will not overwrite any other files in the Ageo suite. It will replace and add only these files.
After setting your latitude, longitude, and C/F, the Time and Date.ini skin will show updated weather information.
The updated settings skin was changed to update the new weather variables.
You can follow the original instructions in the skin to translate the suite to your desired language.
So niceeeeeeeeeeee! Thank you so much, I'm enjoying this skin. The problems solved.