It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:59 pm

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
AtmaDarkwolf

Re: Gadgets 7.1.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

SilverAzide wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 4:32 pm
My bad, check my edit in last post, your first suggested fix worked, but somehow rainmeter has 2 duplicate document folders *(One on G/ with all the other programs on pc, one on E/ by itself, seems it was using drive E for whatever reason)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 4:34 pm My bad, check my edit in last post, your first suggested fix worked, but somehow rainmeter has 2 duplicate document folders *(One on G/ with all the other programs on pc, one on E/ by itself, seems it was using drive E for whatever reason)
OK... sounds like you have somehow messed up your Documents folders or changed something in Rainmeter. For a normal default installation, Rainmeter uses whatever folder is defined as your Documents folder. You can find this by opening a command prompt and entering:

echo %USERPROFILE%\Documents

You can redefine the skin folder location by changing Rainmeter.ini:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
SkinPath=<some other folder>
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

Yup, I figure that when I moved documents to the other drive, rainmeter somehow missed that memo (Although, it has ALL the same files/same size as the other drive folder, so it did 'move' them just never stopped using the old folder? Idk)

Everything else accepted the move but rainmeter is stubborn i guess. (I did change it back to the new drive in settings just now, hopefully it don't break everything when I restart pc.)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 4:51 pm
If you can give that PowerShell command I posted above a try, that would be great. Just curious what it shows on your system....
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

SilverAzide wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 5:15 pm If you can give that PowerShell command I posted above a try, that would be great. Just curious what it shows on your system....
PS C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0> (Get-Culture).DateTimeFormat.AbbreviatedMonthNames
Jan
Feb
Mar
Apr
May
Jun
Jul
Aug
Sep
Oct
Nov
Dec
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 6:29 pm
Interesting... that's what is expected. Somehow this data is not being saved properly, I guess. :confused:
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

Hi me again :/

This morning, after trying to run proxys on firefox and installing a vpn (vpn is set to only enable via utorrent, and is disabled for all other apps) the weather meter is stuck connecting (It was showing proper UI but no values, just blank spots, but now after refreshing the skin just shows 'connecting' at bottom)

I am wondering if I somehow messed up connections during the setup of the vpn(I have double checked and everything else seems to be working properly, ie>: bypassing the VPN) and the proxy on firefox is not currently enabled (And I am unsure if a proxy in firefox would have any effect on rainmeter skins at all)

How would I check if its something I did with vpn that is causing this(I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling to no effect, but I have a feeling that original install of vpn may have changed something that an uninstall did not reverse)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: January 10th, 2022, 7:21 pm Hi me again :/

This morning, after trying to run proxys on firefox and installing a vpn (vpn is set to only enable via utorrent, and is disabled for all other apps) the weather meter is stuck connecting (It was showing proper UI but no values, just blank spots, but now after refreshing the skin just shows 'connecting' at bottom)

I am wondering if I somehow messed up connections during the setup of the vpn(I have double checked and everything else seems to be working properly, ie>: bypassing the VPN) and the proxy on firefox is not currently enabled (And I am unsure if a proxy in firefox would have any effect on rainmeter skins at all)

How would I check if its something I did with vpn that is causing this(I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling to no effect, but I have a feeling that original install of vpn may have changed something that an uninstall did not reverse)
Uhhh.... It's not you! Looks like something is going on with weather.com, because I'm having connection issues too. Stay tuned. There's gonna be a flood of "my weather skin stopped working" posts....
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

Right, ok lol sorry to bug, glad it wasn't something I did :D
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote: January 10th, 2022, 7:32 pm Uhhh.... It's not you! Looks like something is going on with weather.com, because I'm having connection issues too. Stay tuned. There's gonna be a flood of "my weather skin stopped working" posts....
I think you will find that if you change the API Key to 21d8a80b3d6b444998a80b3d6b1449d3, it will begin to work again.