It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:46 am

How do i keep rainmeter on dekstop after shutting down/restarting my pc

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
jcqln

How do i keep rainmeter on dekstop after shutting down/restarting my pc

Post by jcqln »

Hi, i'm not quite familiar with this rainmeter thingy :D, so i kinda need anyone help on how to keep my rainmeter widgets to stay on desktop after i restarting or shutting down my pc. Because after i start my pc again, the rainmeter widget doesn't show up.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How do i keep rainmeter on dekstop after shutting down/restarting my pc

Post by death.crafter »

jcqln wrote: December 25th, 2021, 5:15 am Hi, i'm not quite familiar with this rainmeter thingy :D, so i kinda need anyone help on how to keep my rainmeter widgets to stay on desktop after i restarting or shutting down my pc. Because after i start my pc again, the rainmeter widget doesn't show up.
You might have disabled the autostart feature. Turn it on by ...

Wait there isn't actually a settings for that? How is it even possible.

Anyway, go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and create a shortcut to Rainmeter, in C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe
from the Realm of Death
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

death.crafter wrote: December 25th, 2021, 6:38 am Wait there isn't actually a settings for that? How is it even possible.

Anyway, go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and create a shortcut to Rainmeter, in C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe
On Windows 10 at least, you can go to Settings > Apps > Startup and can set there how Rainmeter starts up (alternatively you can enter Startup in Windows search field and choose Startup Apps).
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

balala wrote: December 25th, 2021, 4:46 pm On Windows 10 at least, you can go to Settings > Apps > Startup and can set there how Rainmeter starts up (alternatively you can enter Startup in Windows search field and choose Startup Apps).
Actually, you can turn the already active apps off, or turn on apps that are registered to run at startup. You can't add an app.

The best option would be to reinstall Rainmeter with autostartup enabled
from the Realm of Death
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

death.crafter wrote: December 25th, 2021, 6:03 pm Actually, you can turn the already active apps off, or turn on apps that are registered to run at startup. You can't add an app.
Yep, but if Rainmeter has been installed (let's say "normally") it should be in that list.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

balala wrote: December 25th, 2021, 7:24 pm Yep, but if Rainmeter has been installed (let's say "normally") it should be in that list.
Unless you have unchecked auto startup while installation.
from the Realm of Death
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

death.crafter wrote: December 25th, 2021, 8:44 pm Unless you have unchecked auto startup while installation.
Good idea! Never thought to and never tried this out, but probably you are right, don't know. :thumbup:
My bad!