It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:05 am

Handling text in a shape meter with fill "0,0,0,1" [solved]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CodeCode

Handling text in a shape meter with fill "0,0,0,1" [solved]

Post by CodeCode »

Hello, I have a shape meter, that is a container for a short string.

Since I was making the shape for be a solid and easily seen color - to manage placement in the skin.

During testing, I wanted text in the container that is being made visible with !SetOption on the left click.

The problem is when I went over the shape meter, and took the test color off and it is now transparent with no border, the text is no longer visible like it was during testing.
The test shape:

Code: Select all

[ShapeStyle]
Shape=Rectangle 462,0,75,30,14 | StrokeWidth 0 | Fill Color 210,170,90,215
The shape as it will hopefully be as transparent:

[ShapeStyle]
Shape=Rectangle 462,0,75,30,14 | StrokeWidth 0 | Fill Color 0,0,0,1
Trying to get the shape to be invisible and still have visible text in the container.

Is it possible? I've never tried and I missed the part in the manual for this, and couldn't find anything to learn from.

Thanks for any help.
Last edited by CodeCode on November 21st, 2021, 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
CodeCode

Re: Handling text in a shape meter with fill "0,0,0,1"

Post by CodeCode »

CodeCode wrote: November 21st, 2021, 7:08 am Hello, I have a shape meter, that is a container for a short string.

Since I was making the shape for be a solid and easily seen color - to manage placement in the skin.

During testing, I wanted text in the container that is being made visible with !SetOption on the left click.

The problem is when I went over the shape meter, and took the test color off and it is now transparent with no border, the text is no longer visible like it was during testing.
The test shape:

[ShapeStyle]
Shape=Rectangle 462,0,75,30,14 | StrokeWidth 0 | Fill Color 210,170,90,215
The shape as it will hopefully be as transparent:

[ShapeStyle]
Shape=Rectangle 462,0,75,30,14 | StrokeWidth 0 | Fill Color 0,0,0,1
Trying to get the shape to be invisible and still have visible text in the container.

Is it possible? I've never tried and I missed the part in the manual for this, and couldn't find anything to learn from.

Thanks for any help.
Ok. Ok. Ok. All I had to do is hide the shape rather than making it transparent.

Getting expected results now.