It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:07 am

Market Prices

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
Mordasius

Re: Market Prices

Post by Mordasius »

Adj39 wrote: November 10th, 2021, 1:51 am I would like to list 4 stocks only instead of the default 8, but whenever I change the “NumberOfStocks=8” parameter in the “MyStockCodes.inc” file to anything lower than 8, the skin hangs and displays “loading” where all stock names should be displayed.
I think you are talking about the MyPortfolioValue skin. ( https://www.deviantart.com/mordasius/art/MyPortfolio-Rainmeter-skin-887967381 ). I've just downloaded it from DA, made NumberOfStocks=4, refreshed the skin (middle-mouse click anywhere on the skin) and here is a screenshot of what I get.
Untitled-1.jpg
I'm at a bit of a loss for what to suggest. My first choice would have been to suggest you delete the MyPortfolioValue folder [...\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\MyPortfolioValue] and try another installation. But you've already done that.

Could you try deleting the folder, re-installing the skin, setting NumberOfStocks=4 and refreshing the skin one more time and then post a screenshot of the Rainmeter Log ( Right-Clight on the Rainmeter Icon in your sys tray -> About -> Log ). Maybe that will give us a clue as to what is going on.

P.S. Make a backup of MyStockCodes.inc and put it in another folder so that you can just copy-paste all your stock codes and prices when we've got the skin working with the default values.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mordasius on November 10th, 2021, 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adj39

Post by Adj39 »

Sorry for posting in the wrong group - I was indeed referring to your MyPortfolioValue skin.

I tried your suggestion and was still seeing the same hanging issue after refreshing the re-installed skin, however closing and restarting rainmeter afterwards has now forced the correct skin behavior.

Thanks for your help with this and your excellent skin. It's very useful.
Adj39

Post by Adj39 »

Hi Mordasius, the MyPortfolio skin on DeviantArt points back to this forum, so I assume that is ok to post here regarding the MyPortfolio skin.

My question is if there a way to change the percentage values in the "todays gain/loss" column to add an additional digit to the individual and total percentages (eg display x.xx% instead of x.x percent? I have been looking through the .ini files but this is a bit above my head.

Thanks for your help.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Adj39 wrote: November 11th, 2021, 4:26 am The MyPortfolio skin on DeviantArt points back to this forum, so I assume that is ok to post here regarding the MyPortfolio skin.
No problem. I didn't think it worthwhile to start a separate thread for the MyPortfolioValue skin.
Adj39 wrote: November 11th, 2021, 4:26 am My question is if there a way to change the percentage values in the "todays gain/loss" column to add an additional digit to the individual and total percentages (eg display x.xx% instead of x.x percent?
Yup quite possible. All you need to do is set a new variable, say PerDecPlace=2, in SkinVars.inc then replace all instances of Text=([mIndex??_ChangePer:/1,1]%) with Text=([mIndex??_ChangePer:/1,#PerDecPlace#]%).

However, it is somewhat complicated by the use of a template file to make it easier to change the number of stocks being followed. So what I recommend is:

1) Make a copy of MyStockCodes.inc and put it in another folder so that you can just copy-paste it back later.
2) Download and install the .rmskin below.
3) Load the skin on your desktop to check there are two stocks both showing percentage changes with two decimal places.
4) Close the skin and copy your backup of MyStockCodes.inc back to ...\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\MyPortfolioValue
5) Load the MyPortfolioValue skin to check that all your stocks are showing the percentages with two decimal places.

Should you ever decide that one decimal place is actually enough, just open Skinvars.inc which is in the ..\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\MyPortfolioValue\@Resources folder and change PerDecPlace=2 to PerDecPlace=1

MyPortfolioValue_111121.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Adj39

Post by Adj39 »

Thank you Mordasius, this is exactly what I was looking for. I downloaded the attached skin and followed your directions and everything is working great. I really appreciate your help with this.
Adj39

Post by Adj39 »

Hi Mordasius, I have been playing around with your latest “MyPortfolioValue_111121.rmskin” skin that you uploaded yesterday and I have noticed that the daily closing value percentages listed in the MyPortfolio “Todays gains losses” column do not match the daily closing values listed in the Financial markets skin for the same 2 funds. I have verified that the closing value percentages in your “Financial Markets” Skin match the correct CNBC closing values for the day, however the MyPortfolio skin does not.

I have attached screenshots of the two skins showing daily percentage change after closing:
Financial Markets Close.jpg
MyPortfolio closing.jpg
Note that Funds 1 & 3 and 2 & 4 are the same stocks (2 stocks in total), however the daily percentage is different for each fund, so not sure that this column is pulling from the same CNBC daily increase/decrease values that the Financial Market skin pulls from?

Is there a way to have the MyPortfolio daily gain/loss percentage column match the correct daily percentage changes listed in the Financial Market skin?

Thanks in advance
stock closings.jpg
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Adj39 wrote: November 12th, 2021, 2:56 am I have noticed that the daily closing value percentages listed in the MyPortfolio “Todays gains losses” column do not match the daily closing values listed in the Financial markets skin for the same 2 funds.
Now that would probably be because you are comparing chestnuts with peanuts. The Portfolio skin shows the gain/loss as a percentage of the amount invested. The markets skin shows the percentage change in price.
teiji

Post by teiji »

Is there any way you can track tokens like these below? CNBC doesn't seem to have them.

Decentraland (MANA): https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/decentraland/
Sandbox (SAND): https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/the-sandbox/
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Sorry, but if the prices are not on CNBC.com the Market Prices skins can't display them
mikeruss

Post by mikeruss »

the format has changed - seems to work if the URL changes from ..
https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=#Symbol1#
to
https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/#Symbol1#