It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:13 am

™ in tooltiptext act strange

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Judian81

Re: ™ in tooltiptext act strange

Post by Judian81 »

jsmorley wrote: November 18th, 2021, 1:29 pm The .lua file itself is read by Rainmeter, not Lua, and will be just fine with Unicode characters in the script. What Lua can't do is deal with multi-byte characters or the UTF-16 LE BOM characters in external files you try to read or write with Lua.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/unicode-in-rainmeter/

.ini, .inc and .lua files should all always be encoded as UTF-16 LE.
ow btw your FileView plugin is doing it oke.
good icon.png

btw when i create a new file on my system. and that is dutch. the the default is UTF-8.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Judian81 wrote: November 18th, 2021, 11:39 am hmm. i changed all the .ini .inc .lua files to UTF-16LE. and now it is fine.
Alright, but what still seems a little bit strange is what I also mentioned in my proviouse reply:
balala wrote: November 18th, 2021, 11:34 am I probably would agree with this, however looks weird to have a problem with the TooltipText option, but to have no with the Text option.
so if you changed the encoding and this fixed the issue, not sure why with the wrong encoding (probably UTF-8) the text has been shown properly, but the Tooltip hasn't been, as can be seen on your screenshot posted on your first post. Weird.
Also not sure what this means:
Judian81 wrote: November 18th, 2021, 11:39 am C:\Users\*\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\OneClick\FolderView\Folder7\Temp\C\ProgramData\2Cool\The Sims™ 4.url.png.txt
What does this path represent? It's the path of an image, of a url or of a text file?
However finally it's good if you got it working well.
Judian81

Post by Judian81 »

balala wrote: November 18th, 2021, 4:50 pm Alright, but what still seems a little bit strange is what I also mentioned in my proviouse reply:

so if you changed the encoding and this fixed the issue, not sure why with the wrong encoding (probably UTF-8) the text has been shown properly, but the Tooltip hasn't been, as can be seen on your screenshot posted on your first post. Weird.
Also not sure what this means:
the filename we see on the screen is the action from fileview.dll.
the tooltiptext was just the string itself like ="The Sims™ 4".
Judian81

Post by Judian81 »

balala wrote: November 18th, 2021, 4:50 pm What does this path represent? It's the path of an image, of a url or of a text file?
However finally it's good if you got it working well.
i have a bat file that create txt files with inside the location and name from the image.

if for example the bat finds a pdf file. then he extract the pdf icon and save it in a special folder.
like "\custom icons\.pdf.png"
or like "\custom icons\.sys.png"
so if i have 100 pdf files. there is just 1 icon with the resolution of 256*256 needed in the cache folder.

if the bat file finds and .exe file it will extract the icon and put it in a different cache folder.
so the exe file is in
c:\funny\program.exe
and the cache will be like
"\skinpath\temp\c\funny\program.exe.png"
"\skinpath\temp\c\funny\program.exe.png.txt"

so for pdf real paht
c:\funny\document.pdf
and the cache will be like
"\skinpath\custom icons\.pdf.png"
"\skinpath\temp\c\funny\document.pdf.png.txt"

hope you understand.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Judian81 wrote: November 18th, 2021, 5:29 pm hope you understand.
I think I do.
Judian81

Post by Judian81 »

balala wrote: November 18th, 2021, 6:19 pmI think I do.
ow some little detail. if i put a text icon or a pdf icon from internet. i can put it in "\custom icons\.pdf.png" or "\custom icons\.txt.png"
it will not be overwriten. so i now have my own icon.

about the special char. maby i have to uhm convert the ™ char to â„¢ and back and forward. or is that a bad idea?
Judian81

Post by Judian81 »

Judian81 wrote: November 19th, 2021, 3:44 pm about the special char. maby i have to uhm convert the ™ char to â„¢ and back and forward. or is that a bad idea?
sorry never mind. it does not even work if i change the file to "The Simsâ„¢ 4.url".

maby i just uninstall The Simsâ„¢ 4.url and act if it never happend. :lol:
Judian81

Post by Judian81 »

hello,

i used this to start something that already exist. an i liked this skin to begin with. folderview

i have an update about my browser skin. i have made use ffmpeg and filechoose . to make icon pictures for video, attract album covers from music and smaler pictures as icon from picture files.

the rest will be handled like single icons (exe, url and lnk).
the others are like global icons (txt, pdf *.*)

when ffmpeg could not create a custom icon. the global function will pick it up and make a icon for example mp3 file when there was no cover.

i was busy the last 2 weeks to make the code more safe. and i also wrapped ffmpeg into the code.

i wanted something that we could use an input (the file) and the ouput will always be within the application path.

but by all this. there are 2 things that are not done yet.
1. strange chars could not be handled. i have to find a way around lua.
2. can not get icons from folders like desktop or music folder.

can somebody tell me what options are there availible about the two things i have shown above.