It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 2:36 pm

No deletable skins

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Active Colors

Re: No deletable skins

Post by Active Colors »

What skin are you using?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

RaZ_Or wrote: November 17th, 2021, 1:23 pm I've just deleted Rainmeter. Deinstalation process was normal, but I still have skins on my desktop that don't work and I can't close them(
If you did uninstall Rainmeter, you can't have skins on desktop. Even if the Skins folder remained in the Documents\Rainmeter folder, you can't load the skins. If uninstalled, there is no tool to load the skins. Makes no sense at all.
So let's start over again. How exactly have you uninstalled Rainmeter? Have you manually deleted the C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\ folder, or have uninstall it? Am not sure which of this have you done.
Also please make a screenshot of your desktop and post it here.
RaZ_Or

Post by RaZ_Or »

balala wrote: November 17th, 2021, 6:09 pm If you did uninstall Rainmeter, you can't have skins on desktop. Even if the Skins folder remained in the Documents\Rainmeter folder, you can't load the skins. If uninstalled, there is no tool to load the skins. Makes no sense at all.
So let's start over again. How exactly have you uninstalled Rainmeter? Have you manually deleted the C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\ folder, or have uninstall it? Am not sure which of this have you done.
Now I don't have that skin but it on my desktopImage
RaZ_Or

Post by RaZ_Or »

balala wrote: November 17th, 2021, 6:09 pm If you did uninstall Rainmeter, you can't have skins on desktop. Even if the Skins folder remained in the Documents\Rainmeter folder, you can't load the skins. If uninstalled, there is no tool to load the skins. Makes no sense at all.
I know, that it makes no sense at all but I still have this skin on my desktop, it doesn't work and I can't delete it. I have uninstalled Rainmeter but skin didn't dissapear(
RaZ_Or

Post by RaZ_Or »

Active Colors wrote: November 17th, 2021, 2:39 pm What skin are you using?
I don't remember(
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

RaZ_Or wrote: November 18th, 2021, 7:51 am Now I don't have that skin but it on my desktopImage
Your image is not accessible.
RaZ_Or

Post by RaZ_Or »

Active Colors wrote: November 18th, 2021, 10:08 am Your image is not accessible.
You can right click on image and open i new tab
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

RaZ_Or wrote: November 18th, 2021, 7:59 am I know, that it makes no sense at all but I still have this skin on my desktop, it doesn't work and I can't delete it. I have uninstalled Rainmeter but skin didn't dissapear(
Open Task Manager and find any instance of Rainmeter.exe.
First of all, open the location of this file,
then kill the rainmeter.exe process,
and then delete rainmeter.exe.

I assume you run some sort of skin that comes with a custom Rainmeter executable. I saw this once in some popular skin.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

RaZ_Or wrote: November 18th, 2021, 10:10 am You can right click on image and open i new tab
The access to it is denied. Upload your picture to this forum instead.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RaZ_Or

Post by RaZ_Or »

Active Colors wrote: November 18th, 2021, 10:13 am The access to it is denied. Upload your picture to this forum instead.
Ok