FontFace=Segoe UI
FontColor=#red#
Text="%1"
AntiAlias=1
X=120
Y=36
So I want this text

Code: Select all

TimeOfDay="00":"Good Night","01":"Good Night","02":"Good Night","03":"Good Night","04":"Good Night","05":"Good Night","06":"Good Night","07":"Good Morning","08":"Good Morning","09":"Good Morning","10":"Good Morning","11":"Good Morning","12":"Good Afternoon","13":"Good Afternoon","14":"Good Afternoon","15":"Good Afternoon","16":"Good Afternoon","17":"Good Afternoon","18":"Good Evening","19":"Good Evening","20":"Good Evening","21":"Good Evening","22":"Good Evening","23":"Good Evening"

To appear according to the time. Like Good morinin for 9 and all. The problem is that it is only showing only showing the time not the text even though I have included the variable file in the variables section

@include=variables.inc
BOOTY
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Problem with clock/text sync

Post by death.crafter »

Alloutofmercy wrote: November 18th, 2021, 7:08 am Another problem...

[Variables]
Greeting=

[Hour]
Measure=Time
Format=%H
IfCondition=(Hour >= 0) && (Hour <8)
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable Greeting "Good night, Example!"][!UpdateMeter Greeting][!Redraw]
IfCondition2=(Hour >= 8) && (Hour < 12)
IfTrueAction2=[!SetVariable Greeting "Good morning, Example!"][!UpdateMeter Greeting][!Redraw]
IfCondition3=(Hour >= 12) && (Hour < 18)
IfTrueAction3=[!SetVariable Greeting "Good afternoon, Example!"][!UpdateMeter Greeting][!Redraw]
IfCondition4=(Hour >= 18) && (Hour <= 23)
IfTrueAction4=[!SetVariable Greeting "Good evening, Example!"][!UpdateMeter Greeting][!Redraw]

[Greeting]
Meter=String
Text=#Greeting#
DynamicVariables=1
from the Realm of Death
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Alloutofmercy wrote: November 18th, 2021, 7:08 am To appear according to the time. Like Good morinin for 9 and all. The problem is that it is only showing only showing the time not the text even though I have included the variable file in the variables section
Besides death.crafter's solution on using IfConditions, I think the [Variables] section name is missing in front of the posted TimeOfDay variable, into the included variables.inc file. You have to have this section name over there as well. If this is correct, add it:

[Variables]
TimeOfDay="00":"Good Night","01":"Good Night","02":"Good Night","03":"Good Night","04":"Good Night","05":"Good Night","06":"Good Night","07":"Good Morning","08":"Good Morning","09":"Good Morning","10":"Good Morning","11":"Good Morning","12":"Good Afternoon","13":"Good Afternoon","14":"Good Afternoon","15":"Good Afternoon","16":"Good Afternoon","17":"Good Afternoon","18":"Good Evening","19":"Good Evening","20":"Good Evening","21":"Good Evening","22":"Good Evening","23":"Good Evening"
If this doesn't fix the issue, check the location of the variables.inc file, which has to be near the skins .ini file (not for instance in the @Resources folder).
If none of these is fixing, please pack the whole config and upload the package (the code of skin is not enough), to can check.
Alloutofmercy

Post by Alloutofmercy »

This worked like a charm. Thankyou
BOOTY
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Alloutofmercy wrote: November 18th, 2021, 2:47 pm This worked like a charm.
What exactly worked? Did you have to add the missing [Variables] section name, or the file has been placed on a wrong location?
Alloutofmercy

Post by Alloutofmercy »

yes, I had to add the variable file.
BOOTY
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Alloutofmercy wrote: November 18th, 2021, 5:50 pm yes, I had to add the variable file.
Alright, good you got it working.