It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:13 pm

Roundline, ToolTip; No?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Roundline, ToolTip; No?

Post by balala »

David8192 wrote: November 16th, 2021, 8:15 pm
  • I want the Cpu (inner line) to display like the other 2. Total=1 on Cpu might not be a thing.
Not sure what you mean. It is looking the same way, as far as I can tell.
David8192 wrote: November 16th, 2021, 8:15 pm
  • The tooltips are all crammed up. (It's like, first come, first serve but we are using the same space)
Unfortunately no solution. The Roundlines are in the same position and have the same size, even if the radius of them are different. There is no way to make them to display different tooltips when you're hovering the mouse over different parts. Sorry...
sl23

Post by sl23 »

This is the problem I think should be rectified. When you hover a normal bar, it shows a tooltip even over the solid colour. Hover over a Roundline should be the same. i.e. If you specify that Roundline meter is a certain 'thickness' then that part, along with it's SolidColor, should be the only part that shows a tool tip or has mouse actions performed on it, not the entire meter that is not even seen.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

sl23 wrote: November 16th, 2021, 9:33 pm This is the problem I think should be rectified. When you hover a normal bar, it shows a tooltip even over the solid colour. Hover over a Roundline should be the same. i.e. If you specify that Roundline meter is a certain 'thickness' then that part, along with it's SolidColor, should be the only part that shows a tool tip or has mouse actions performed on it, not the entire meter that is not even seen.
You should post a suggestion for the Dev Team and see what might be possible...

Or
  Why not use stacked ellipse shape meters rather than roundline? The mouse only responds to the drawn portion of each shape, not the entire meter size.  
David8192

Post by David8192 »

balala wrote: November 16th, 2021, 8:58 pm Not sure what you mean. It is looking the same way, as far as I can tell.
The blue parts are for swaptotal and ramtotal. They show how far the lines can go (270 degrees).
For the inner (cpu) part, creating a cputotal measure did not work (so I removed it). Maybe a calc measure can create a 270 degree roundline (I have not tried that approach yet)
Unfortunately no solution. The Roundlines are in the same position and have the same size, even if the radius of them are different. There is no way to make them to display different tooltips when you're hovering the mouse over different parts. Sorry...
Uh, bummer. I'll try another approach
David8192

Post by David8192 »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 16th, 2021, 10:15 pm You should post a suggestion for the Dev Team and see what might be possible...

Or
  Why not use stacked ellipse shape meters rather than roundline? The mouse only responds to the drawn portion of each shape, not the entire meter size.  
I was (and still am) under the impression that roundlines are a bit more efficient than shapes. I prefer to use DynamicVariables=1only when it is necessary(in visualizers... or..visualizers..) But these hiccups are denying me the pleasure. So, you are right. Ellipses are the go to for this one.
David8192

Post by David8192 »

sl23 wrote: November 16th, 2021, 9:33 pm This is the problem I think should be rectified. When you hover a normal bar, it shows a tooltip even over the solid colour. Hover over a Roundline should be the same. i.e. If you specify that Roundline meter is a certain 'thickness' then that part, along with it's SolidColor, should be the only part that shows a tool tip or has mouse actions performed on it, not the entire meter that is not even seen.
You are so right about that. It's quite weird having 3 tool tips at the same place and all over the place.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 16th, 2021, 10:15 pm You should post a suggestion for the Dev Team and see what might be possible...

Or
:? Why didn't I think of that?! :rolmfao:
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 16th, 2021, 10:15 pm
I think you meant arc... Cause ellipses can't do roundlines
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

death.crafter wrote: November 17th, 2021, 9:52 am I think you meant arc... Cause ellipses can't do roundlines
Yep, you caught me :? Arc shape is what should be used.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

David8192 wrote: November 16th, 2021, 10:19 pm The blue parts are for swaptotal and ramtotal. They show how far the lines can go (270 degrees).
For the inner (cpu) part, creating a cputotal measure did not work (so I removed it). Maybe a calc measure can create a 270 degree roundline (I have not tried that approach yet)
I see. Add the following measure to your code:

Code: Select all

[mTotalCPU]
Measure=Calc
Formula=1
UpdateDivider=-1
Also add, between the [mswap] and [rcpu] meters (is important their order) the following meter:

Code: Select all

[cput]
Meter=ROUNDLINE
measurename=mTotalCPU
h=80
w=80
startangle=(rad(90))
rotationangle=(rad(270))
linestart=10
linelength=15
linecolor=0,0,255
solid=1
;ToolTipTitle=C p u
;ToolTipIcon=info
;ToolTipText=%1%
;ToolTipType=1
UpdateDivider=-1
Note that here I removed (in fact commented out) the Tooltip related options, doesn't worth to have the same Tooltip on both, the [cput] and the [rcpu] meters as well. The same applies for the [mrat] and [mra], respectively the [mswapt] and [mswap] meter pairs, which also should have to have removed the duplicated Tooltips.
Also removed the quotes around the TooltipTitle and TooltipText options, which are simply ignored by Rainmeter, so they are useless.
David8192 wrote: November 16th, 2021, 10:19 pm Uh, bummer. I'll try another approach
I think sl23 did it instead of you.