It is currently April 18th, 2024, 8:42 am

Support ? Aimp 4.7

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Support ? Aimp 4.7

Post by jsmorley »

I'm not sure what extra value Total Commander brings to this. The capability to copy the path and name of a file is built into Windows?

1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: November 5th, 2021, 9:07 pm I'm not sure what extra value Total Commander brings to this. The capability to copy the path and name of a file is built into Windows?
To be honest I'm not using Explorer, but total Commander all the time, so I'm not entirely familiar with how does Explorer work. But looking to your screenshot my Explorer does look a little bit different. Is your OS a Win 10 or Win 11?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: November 5th, 2021, 9:14 pm To be honest I'm not using Explorer, but total Commander all the time, so I'm not entirely familiar with how does Explorer work. But looking to your screenshot my Explorer does look a little bit different. Is your OS a Win 10 or Win 11?
I'm on Win11, but it works on Win10 as well. You just have to SHIFT-right click in Win10.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: November 5th, 2021, 9:15 pm I'm on Win11, but it works on Win10 as well. You just have to SHIFT-right click in Win10.
Ok, as said, I practically never using this feature and this is why I didn't know about it. My bad...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: November 5th, 2021, 9:23 pm Ok, as said, I practically never using this feature and this is why I didn't know about it. My bad...
I certainly have nothing against Total Commander. I don't use it, but I have heard good things over the years. Just don't think it adds particular value in this specific instance.
David8192

Post by David8192 »

balala wrote: November 5th, 2021, 8:58 pm Open the folder containing the Aimp.exe (according to your previous post it should be C:\User\Program Files\Aimp) in Explorer. Click the address bar of Explorer. The path of the folder highlights. Copy and paste it to PlayerPath option. Add a backslash (\),then copy the name of the .exe file and paste it after the last backslash added previously.
That's it.
Ok. So, I have this code:

Code: Select all

[Switch]
Meter=Bitmap
MeasureName=Player
X=15
Y=(60+#SwitchY#)
BitmapImage=#@#Images\Switch
BitmapFrames=2
BitmapExtend=2
BitmapDigits=1
BitmapSeparation=12
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "Player" "TogglePlayer"]
and this one:

[MetaData]
Title=Player Settings

[Variables]
@Include=#@#Variables.inc
@Include2=#@#dChameleon.inc
@Include3=#@#Visualizer.inc
@Include=#@#Player.inc

[CHOOSE]
Meter=String
X=100
Y=10
Text="CHOOSE A PLAYER"
FontSize=15
StringAlign=Center
AntiAlias=1
InlineSetting=GradientColor | 270 | [DesktopFG1] ; 0.0 | [DesktopFG2] ; 0.5 | [DesktopBG2] ; 1.0
DynamicVariables=1

[Aimp]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=Player
X=25
Y=40
ImageName=#@#Images\skin\Aimp1
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Aimp ImageName "#@#Images\skin\Aimp1"][!WriteKeyValue iTunes ImageName "#@#Images\skin\iTunes"][!WriteKeyValue MusicBee ImageName "#@#Images\skin\MusicBee"][!WriteKeyValue Winamp ImageName "#@#Images\skin\Winamp"][!WriteKeyValue Player PlayerName "AIMP" #@#Player.inc][!RefreshGroup Neonite]

[iTunes]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=Player
X=5R
Y=40
ImageName=#@#Images\skin\iTunes
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Aimp ImageName "#@#Images\skin\Aimp"][!WriteKeyValue iTunes ImageName "#@#Images\skin\iTunes1"][!WriteKeyValue MusicBee ImageName "#@#Images\skin\MusicBee"][!WriteKeyValue Winamp ImageName "#@#Images\skin\Winamp"][!WriteKeyValue Player PlayerName "iTUNES" #@#Player.inc][!RefreshGroup Neonite]

[MusicBee]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=Player
X=5R
Y=40
ImageName=#@#Images\skin\MusicBee
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Aimp ImageName "#@#Images\skin\Aimp"][!WriteKeyValue iTunes ImageName "#@#Images\skin\iTunes"][!WriteKeyValue MusicBee ImageName "#@#Images\skin\MusicBee1"][!WriteKeyValue Winamp ImageName "#@#Images\skin\Winamp"][!WriteKeyValue Player PlayerName "CAD" #@#Player.inc][!RefreshGroup Neonite]

[Winamp]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=Player
X=5R
Y=40
ImageName=#@#Images\skin\Winamp
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Aimp ImageName "#@#Images\skin\Aimp"][!WriteKeyValue iTunes ImageName "#@#Images\skin\iTunes"][!WriteKeyValue MusicBee ImageName "#@#Images\skin\MusicBee"][!WriteKeyValue Winamp ImageName "#@#Images\skin\Winamp1"][!WriteKeyValue Player PlayerName "WINAMP" #@#Player.inc][!RefreshGroup Neonite]

The switch image is an on-off bitmap

Now, where would be the best place to add the path
the DA GALLERY 8-) For some Reason, the square root of X2 does not involve X
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

David8192 wrote: November 5th, 2021, 9:37 pm Now, where would be the best place to add the path
There is no such thing as best place. It has to be added to the parent NowPlaying measure, which is not posted. It probably is placed into one of those included files (most probably in the @Resources\Player.inc file). It has to be the measure having a Measure=NowPlaying option and a PlayerName=AIMP option (the PlayerName option is indicating a player, not another measure, so not something like PlayerName=[MeasureTitle] or some similar).
David8192

Post by David8192 »

balala wrote: November 5th, 2021, 9:50 pm There is no such thing as best place. It has to be added to the parent NowPlaying measure, which is not posted. It probably is placed into one of those included files (most probably in the @Resources\Player.inc file). It has to be the measure having a Measure=NowPlaying option and a PlayerName=AIMP option (the PlayerName option is indicating a player, not another measure, so not something like PlayerName=[MeasureTitle] or some similar).
Yeah. I realized that after going through my files. My idea, though was that I could use a !WriteKeyValue bang to add the path to the measure
David8192

Post by David8192 »

David8192 wrote: November 5th, 2021, 10:14 pm
Yeah. I realized that after going through my files. My idea, though was that I could use a !WriteKeyValue bang to add the path to the measure
This works for Aimp, but obviously the path is not the same for the other players:
[Player]

Measure=NowPlaying
PlayerName=AIMP
PlayerPath="C:\Program Files\AIMP3\AIMP.exe"
PlayerType=Status
Group=Neonite
Currently I do not have Winamp and itunes to test with, and Musicbee is a portable version so it might not be the same as the end user's in some ways.

This is why I wanted to use the !WriteKeyValue bang.
What I noticed is

should change according to the selected player.
So,

[Aimp]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=Player
X=25
Y=40
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Player PlayerPath="C:\Program Files\AIMP3\AIMP.exe"][!WriteKeyValue Aimp ImageName "#@#Images\skin\Aimp1"][!WriteKeyValue iTunes ImageName "#@#Images\skin\iTunes"][!WriteKeyValue MusicBee ImageName "#@#Images\skin\MusicBee"][!WriteKeyValue Winamp ImageName "#@#Images\skin\Winamp"][!WriteKeyValue Player PlayerName "AIMP" #@#Player.inc][!RefreshGroup Neonite]
I guess the only way to make this work for all is to install the other players and add the necessary paths?
It could have been nice if there was a way to just delete "C:\Program Files\AIMP3\AIMP.exe" when another player is chosen so that rainmeter can do auto detection.
I cannot quite find another workaround through this.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

David8192 wrote: November 5th, 2021, 11:52 pm This works for Aimp, but obviously the path is not the same for the other players:
[Player]

Measure=NowPlaying
PlayerName=AIMP
PlayerType=Status
Group=Neonite
Currently I do not have Winamp and itunes to test with, and Musicbee is a portable version so it might not be the same as the end user's in some ways.

This is why I wanted to use the !WriteKeyValue bang.
What I noticed is

should change according to the selected player.
So,

[Aimp]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=Player
X=25
Y=40
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Player PlayerPath="C:\Program Files\AIMP3\AIMP.exe"][!WriteKeyValue Aimp ImageName "#@#Images\skin\Aimp1"][!WriteKeyValue iTunes ImageName "#@#Images\skin\iTunes"][!WriteKeyValue MusicBee ImageName "#@#Images\skin\MusicBee"][!WriteKeyValue Winamp ImageName "#@#Images\skin\Winamp"][!WriteKeyValue Player PlayerName "AIMP" #@#Player.inc][!RefreshGroup Neonite]
I guess the only way to make this work for all is to install the other players and add the necessary paths?
It could have been nice if there was a way to just delete "C:\Program Files\AIMP3\AIMP.exe" when another player is chosen so that rainmeter can do auto detection.
I cannot quite find another workaround through this.
You do realize that not everyone has AIMP installed in C...

Saying this cause you asked about the end user, which means this skin is not for your personal use.
from the Realm of Death