It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:29 am

Desktop Light Bulb for play with Windows 10/11 theme mode (Dark or Light).

Skins that monitor system information
Vasigaran

Desktop Light Bulb for play with Windows 10/11 theme mode (Dark or Light).

Post by Vasigaran »

This is a small light bulb for your desktop. I searched the internet to change desktop lights easily. But no luck. So I just made my first skin on rainmeter.

Link - https://www.deviantart.com/vasigaranvip/art/Desktop-Light-Bulb-0-8-896857816

What this can do? Simply this skin changes windows theme mode (Dark or Light)
  • Click on the light bulb for toggle theme mode to light or dark.
  • Click on that chip to open switches to turn on or off App theme and System theme separately.
  • Right-click on the chip to open the settings. you can customize color from settings.
  • In the settings box, you can see a timer. Turn on the Sun or Moon by clicking on it to turn on the timer. Then under the icons, there are some numbers(time). Change that time by scrolling the mouse wheel or clicking on it.
  • You can see there is a button middle of the Sun and Moon. Click on it to turn it on or off. If it's off, the timer turns on or off the lights at the correct time only. If it's on, the timer will work a bit differently. The light will be turned on after light time and before dark time. and the light will be turned off after dark time and before light time.
Looking for suggestions to make this better... :) :)
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Desktop Light Bulb for play with Windows 10/11 theme mode (Dark or Light).

Post by death.crafter »

Vasigaran wrote: November 5th, 2021, 3:22 pm Image
This is a small light bulb for your desktop. I searched the internet to change desktop lights easily. But no luck. So I just made my first skin on rainmeter.

Link - https://www.deviantart.com/vasigaranvip/art/Desktop-Light-Bulb-0-8-896857816

What this can do? Simply this skin changes windows theme mode (Dark or Light)
  • Click on the light bulb for toggle theme mode to light or dark.
  • Click on that chip to open switches to turn on or off App theme and System theme separately.
  • Right-click on the chip to open the settings. you can customize color from settings.
  • In the settings box, you can see a timer. Turn on the Sun or Moon by clicking on it to turn on the timer. Then under the icons, there are some numbers(time). Change that time by scrolling the mouse wheel or clicking on it.
  • You can see there is a button middle of the Sun and Moon. Click on it to turn it on or off. If it's off, the timer turns on or off the lights at the correct time only. If it's on, the timer will work a bit differently. The light will be turned on after light time and before dark time. and the light will be turned off after dark time and before light time.
Looking for suggestions to make this better... :) :)
Witty work!!

Btw, I take it that you are working with registry to do these things? If so, give a heads up in the download page... If not, I am interested in how you are doing it.
from the Realm of Death
Vasigaran

Post by Vasigaran »

death.crafter wrote: November 5th, 2021, 3:28 pm
Witty work!!

Btw, I take it that you are working with registry to do these things? If so, give a heads up in the download page... If not, I am interested in how you are doing it.
Thank you...
and sorry, I'm new to these things. I don't know about heads up. How to give heads up? O.O

Yes, this skin working with registry. (reg.exe + cmd.exe for actions, Measure=Registry for observe)

Code: Select all

[cmd /c start /min reg add HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize /v AppsUseLightTheme /t REG_DWORD /d #ATheme# /f]
[cmd /c start /min reg add HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize /v SystemUsesLightTheme /t REG_DWORD /d #STheme# /f]
I have a python code for changing the registry. that code needs python to be installed. so I didn't use it to this skin. I will make a switch to turn on or off python code. so, if they have python, they can turn it on and change the theme mode without popping up windows and decrease laggings.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Vasigaran wrote: November 5th, 2021, 4:15 pm Thank you...
and sorry, I'm new to these things. I don't know about heads up. How to give heads up? O.O

Yes, this skin working with registry. (reg.exe + cmd.exe for actions, Measure=Registry for observe)

Code: Select all

[cmd /c start /min reg add HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize /v AppsUseLightTheme /t REG_DWORD /d #ATheme# /f]
[cmd /c start /min reg add HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize /v SystemUsesLightTheme /t REG_DWORD /d #STheme# /f]
I have a python code for changing the registry. that code needs python to be installed. so I didn't use it to this skin. I will make a switch to turn on or off python code. so, if they have python, they can turn it on and change the theme mode without popping up windows and decrease laggings.
SInce you are using cmd, you ca do it through runcommand plugin without popping up a window...

And a heads up means that you should let them know that you are working with registry, and little info on what your are doing and reference to official or non official source of the method. All this because you are meddling with registry, tho it's not much serious.
from the Realm of Death
Vasigaran

Post by Vasigaran »