It is currently April 28th, 2024, 12:08 pm

First release, am I doing this right?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
WirlyWirly

First release, am I doing this right?

Post by WirlyWirly »

Hello,

A while back I was on here getting some help with this skin. All the issues I had were fixed to my satisfaction and for the last year I've been very happy with its functionality. This skin has changed the way I use my computer, it's my baby and I love it!

I originally made this to my liking, never intending to release it, and as a result the code was pretty complicated to interpret. I've recently gotten interest from other users who would like to try it out, so I went in and made it much more simple to configure and get going... Which I'd been meaning to do anyways because re-arranging icons was a CHORE.

I think I'm done, but since this is the first skin I'll ever be publishing, I've got a couple bugs to squash...

1) Did I compile this right? Pretty straightforward, I followed the Distributing Skins guide, but I just wanna make sure it works as intended on other people's computers. In particular if the required plugin installs properly, if the fonts work, and if the provided layout matches the pictures (40% transperancy and fade-in on mouse over). I've attached the .rmskin file below, so if you guys wouldn't mind installing it and giving me some feedback I'd appreciate it. After you install it, the "SkyBar\Launcher" skin has MetaData to get you started.

2) When loading the "SkyBar\Launcher" skin, the hotkeys are visible and active. I'd like the skin to load without the hotkeys active. Line 39 of the file "SkyBar\Launcher\launcher.ini" has a variable "skins_bottom = ... " that would take care of the issue, I just can't figure out how to trigger it during load.

Apart from those 2 things I think it's pretty solid. I left most of my personal configurations as examples, so I don't expect this to work out of the box for anyone. With simple configuration of the "SkyBar\@Resources\Hotkeys.inc" file it's easily modified to your individuals needs.

Let me know what you guys think and if there's anything that needs attention! The original skin comes from "StickyBar" by ninjaki8, but for the last year I've been modifying it to fit my use. At this point very few of the code from StickyBar remains, but the design is still inspired by it. I've learned a lot but I'm still very new to this, so any feedback before I officialy release this is appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.