It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:30 am

Plugin DriveInfo

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Plugin DriveInfo

Post by death.crafter »

sl23 wrote: October 25th, 2021, 10:14 pm Nicely done! Credit to death.crafter, nice skin and to CodeCode for the lua code :thumbup:

I added this to make "Back" easier:
X1MouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure FileView "PreviousFolder"][!UpdateMeasure *][!UpdateMeter *][!Update]
Ohh, I totally forgot to reply...

Yeah that would make it feel more natural as we do it all the time.

Also, if we tinker around with lua, we can have forward button too. Just a thought, tho I won't be implementing it in the example skin.
from the Realm of Death
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

sl23 wrote: October 25th, 2021, 10:14 pm I added this to make "Back" easier:
X1MouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure FileView "PreviousFolder"][!UpdateMeasure *][!UpdateMeter *][!Update]
For sure this has nothing to do with the plugin itself, however note that the above bangs doesn't make too much sense this way, because the [!UpdateMeasure *] bang updates all measures of the skin, [!UpdateMeter *] the same way updates the meters, while [!Update] updates the skin itself. If you updated all measures and all meters, why to update the skin as well? Yep, I know updating the skin is not the same as updating all measures and meter, however I still believe (in fact I know well) that using these bangs altogether this way makes no sense. You either should remove the [!Update] bang (and in this case you probably should add a [!Redraw] bang besides the [!UpdateMeter *] as well) or should remove the [!UpdateMeasure *] and [!UpdateMeter *] bangs.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

balala wrote: October 29th, 2021, 8:38 pm For sure this has nothing to do with the plugin itself, however note that the above bangs doesn't make too much sense this way, because the [!UpdateMeasure *] bang updates all measures of the skin, [!UpdateMeter *] the same way updates the meters, while [!Update] updates the skin itself. If you updated all measures and all meters, why to update the skin as well? Yep, I know updating the skin is not the same as updating all measures and meter, however I still believe (in fact I know well) that using these bangs altogether this way makes no sense. You either should remove the [!Update] bang (and in this case you probably should add a [!Redraw] bang besides the [!UpdateMeter *] as well) or should remove the [!UpdateMeasure *] and [!UpdateMeter *] bangs.
Actually, this use is intentional. Since I use things that are relative to each other and need to be updated twice. And things are repeating, so I just used * without hassling with groups and stuff. So I guess I could use two updates, but that would add an extra redraw.
from the Realm of Death
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

death.crafter wrote: October 29th, 2021, 8:44 pm Since I use things that are relative to each other and need to be updated twice.
Well, I admit I didn't try out your plugin so far. However I can't imagine a case when the skin should be updated twice.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

balala wrote: October 29th, 2021, 8:56 pm Well, I admit I didn't try out your plugin so far. However I can't imagine a case when the skin should be updated twice.
It's not the plugin actually. It's the meters. I have to make the skin size according to the meters shown. And I have to determine hidden states and stuff according to measures. And some other stuff I don't remember, but they were bugging out due to how the skin is made.
from the Realm of Death
sl23

Post by sl23 »

death.crafter wrote: October 29th, 2021, 6:58 pm Ohh, I totally forgot to reply...

Yeah that would make it feel more natural as we do it all the time.

Also, if we tinker around with lua, we can have forward button too. Just a thought, tho I won't be implementing it in the example skin.
No problem. :D

I thought it better to use the X1 mouse button, but the "Back" button is still required, as I imagine there still exist those mouse's that don't have that button. ;-)

One thing, this doesn't work for me properly. But this is due to using XYplorer as my default file manager. It captures all folders that are opened in other apps. This seems to include this skin too. So when I click a folder, instead of browsing in the skin, it gets opened in XYplorer.

I know this isn't a fault on your part or Rainmeter. Just thought I'd mention it. :great:
- MuLab -
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Ok. New thing, for the thing I am so obsessed about: Drive Skin!
I know nothing about lua, which is why I was standing off this. But in the view of retaining what sanity I continue to remain in control of - start fresh with a more powerful backbone to this drives thing.
Eventually I will work things out, lots of forum time ahead, methinks.

The first thing I would like to get going is the font the drive names use. Comparison image below. The weird font is actually copy/pasted from artifact ascii that just remains with no real fontface. But I like it, so would love to start there.
Capturez.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

CodeCode wrote: November 19th, 2021, 3:48 am Ok. New thing, for the thing I am so obsessed about: Drive Skin!
I know nothing about lua, which is why I was standing off this. But in the view of retaining what sanity I continue to remain in control of - start fresh with a more powerful backbone to this drives thing.
Eventually I will work things out, lots of forum time ahead, methinks.
I am using lua for the extra stuff shown in the drives page. Other than that it's all Rainmeter ;-)
CodeCode wrote: November 19th, 2021, 3:48 am The first thing I would like to get going is the font the drive names use. Comparison image below. The weird font is actually copy/pasted from artifact ascii that just remains with no real fontface. But I like it, so would love to start there.
Capturez.PNG
Maybe encode the ini file in UTF-8 or ASCII. I can't say anything in particular as I don't know how you got them to show up in your skin.
from the Realm of Death
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

death.crafter wrote: November 19th, 2021, 4:26 am I am using lua for the extra stuff shown in the drives page. Other than that it's all Rainmeter ;-)
That's cool. It will make more sense to start with. As I learn how to get around this lua script.
death.crafter wrote: November 19th, 2021, 4:26 am Maybe encode the ini file in UTF-8 or ASCII. I can't say anything in particular as I don't know how you got them to show up in your skin.
Ok, lol. This is pretty geeky stuff so here goes.
This is the Link
I used this all the time is discord, then one weird day, I thought to try it in my drive names. So in the windows folder the drives look exactly like them in the example above. As if by magic, I noticed the drive names in my rainmeter skins were inheriting that font. Ever since its been like that.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Hello.
After realizing what I actually did, by modifying your driveinfo skin, I went back to the Titan Drives base and added the necessary sections etc that I needed.

I am now trying to implement and integrate the lua script's advantages to enhance Titan's functionality.
This bit of code is meant to retrieve all the specs of each drive:

Code: Select all

[DriveSpace1]
Meter=String
X=r
Y=15r
FontSize=8
StringAlign=LeftCenter
Text=[&pName:GetSpaceLabel(1)]
MeterStyle=Contents
Hidden=(1-[&pName:IsDrive(1)])
DynamicVariables=1
Container=Container1
The output is literally what is in the Text option. So I surmise that there is a dependency for that to get the info rather then the literal string.

I dont really know where to look.
These are in the ini as well:

Code: Select all

[Label]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=DriveInfo
Drive=G
Type=FileSystem

[pName]
Measure=Script
ScriptFile=#@#Scripts\TitanDrives.lua
So I am missing something for this purpose.
Any help is appreciated.