It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:30 pm

Rainmeter won't let monitor sleep

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
dylix

Rainmeter won't let monitor sleep

Post by dylix »

So when rainmeter is open, my monitor will not sleep. It even gets woken up if I try to manually set the monitors to sleep in some code.
What's the best way to find out what is causing rainmeter to do this?
Thanks!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter won't let monitor sleep

Post by balala »

dylix wrote: October 25th, 2021, 11:36 am So when rainmeter is open, my monitor will not sleep. It even gets woken up if I try to manually set the monitors to sleep in some code.
What's the best way to find out what is causing rainmeter to do this?
Thanks!
I'm surprised if Rainmeter does this, but you might try to deactivate all skins. I suppose one of them is causing this, however I never saw such a skin, but who knows. So deactivate all skins: right click them one by one and click Unload skin. Make sure all of them has been deactivated. For this open the Manage Rainmeter dialog (by clicking the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area) and click the Active skins button on the first tab (Skins). There you can see all activated skins. Make sure there is none. If you got them all deactivated does the issue persist, or it gone?
Before you start, I suggest you to create a layout of your current skins, to can later easily re-activate them. You can do this on the Layouts tab of the same Manage Rainmeter dialog. Just enter a name to the Name field of the Save a new layout section of the tab and click Save. Now you can start unloading the skins, as described above.
Lieuallen

Re: Rainmeter won't let monitor sleep

Post by Lieuallen »

I just thought I'd add that with my skin (Sensors) running, my monitor goes to "sleep" just fine. So, this problem is not Rainmeter in general, but must be a specific skin you have loaded (as balala suggested).
Always sure, sometimes right.