It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:51 am

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Bribeired

Re: Gadgets 7.1.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by Bribeired »

@SilverAzide Great skin. Any way Weather Meter does not expand when mouse hover using compact option?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Are you saying the Weather Meter is not expanding when you move the mouse over it? I'm not seeing this issue...
WeatherMeter711.gif
Bribeired

Post by Bribeired »

SilverAzide wrote: October 15th, 2021, 6:24 pm Are you saying the Weather Meter is not expanding when you move the mouse over it? I'm not seeing this issue...
WeatherMeter711.gif
I apologize. It's working fine. Is there is an option to make it not expand when compact is selected?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Bribeired wrote: October 15th, 2021, 8:16 pm I apologize. It's working fine. Is there is an option to make it not expand when compact is selected?
You mean make it permanently compact (not expand on mouseover)? No, there's nothing like that, but you can easily edit the skin variables and make it work that way.

To make the skin not react to mouseover events, do the following:
  1. Open the Weather Meter Settings by clicking the wrench icon in the upper right corner of the skin and make sure the Use Compact Gadget option is checked.
  2. Open the Weather Meter variables file with Notepad or your preferred text editor; typically this is
    C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Gadgets\@Resources\WeatherVariables.inc.
  3. Change the variables ActionSlideDown and ActionSlideUp as follows:

Code: Select all

ActionSlideDown=[]
    ActionSlideUp=[]

4. Save your changes and refresh the Weather Meter skin.
To restore the default behavior, just open the Settings skin and toggle the Use Compact Gadget option.
Bribeired

Post by Bribeired »

@SilverAzide Thank you.
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

Hi, had to create account to respond, really hope someone can shed light on this.

First off, issue is that the cpu meter is NOT showing any cores, regardless of setting (I have it configured, followed the instructions, and think I did it right, since previous usage it worked fine)

Issue is I recently Installed windows on a formatted drive, and am setting rainmeter and gadgets up again, and all the settings I used before(which had to be changed) were done with the same process I am doing this time (Although previous times I did it it already had all cpu info other than temp showing, and it shows 12 cores where I only have 6, so figure it was reading the threads not physical cores... anyways..)

So issue now is I have a very tiny cpu meter that is not even showing anything (No 'temp' listing, no cores, and the fan, while configured properly, is not showing any value)

Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Edit, also, just found that the clipboard meter is also borked, just shows a bunch of 0's and does not show clipboard, (Again, this worked before I reinstalled windows)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: October 24th, 2021, 3:41 am Hi, had to create account to respond, really hope someone can shed light on this.

First off, issue is that the cpu meter is NOT showing any cores, regardless of setting (I have it configured, followed the instructions, and think I did it right, since previous usage it worked fine)

Issue is I recently Installed windows on a formatted drive, and am setting rainmeter and gadgets up again, and all the settings I used before(which had to be changed) were done with the same process I am doing this time (Although previous times I did it it already had all cpu info other than temp showing, and it shows 12 cores where I only have 6, so figure it was reading the threads not physical cores... anyways..)

So issue now is I have a very tiny cpu meter that is not even showing anything (No 'temp' listing, no cores, and the fan, while configured properly, is not showing any value)

Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Edit, also, just found that the clipboard meter is also borked, just shows a bunch of 0's and does not show clipboard, (Again, this worked before I reinstalled windows)
Sorry to hear you are having problems. And sorry for the dumb question, but did you install the Gadgets from scratch or did you just copy the files from your previous installation? The reason I ask is it sounds like you are missing a plugin or two. Both the Gadgets and the Clipboard Meter use plugins, and from your description of the appearance, it seems like something is missing. To verify, open the Rainmeter About dialog and check the Log tab; if you see any errors, they will indicate the source of the problem.

(And yes, you are correct, the CPU Meter shows logical cores, not physical cores. Windows does not see physical cores, it reports performance by logical core, thus the appearance.)

Let me know how it goes. Post any screenshots or the log file if you continue to find issues and I'll be happy to help.
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

SilverAzide wrote: October 24th, 2021, 5:06 am Sorry to hear you are having problems. And sorry for the dumb question, but did you install the Gadgets from scratch or did you just copy the files from your previous installation? The reason I ask is it sounds like you are missing a plugin or two. Both the Gadgets and the Clipboard Meter use plugins, and from your description of the appearance, it seems like something is missing. To verify, open the Rainmeter About dialog and check the Log tab; if you see any errors, they will indicate the source of the problem.

(And yes, you are correct, the CPU Meter shows logical cores, not physical cores. Windows does not see physical cores, it reports performance by logical core, thus the appearance.)

Let me know how it goes. Post any screenshots or the log file if you continue to find issues and I'll be happy to help.
I.. think I did both? LOL Cuz I know I tried to use old install, and went though all that for an hour(After windows redo I mean) then i THOUGHT I deleted everything (from rainmeter folder in documents) and reinstalled a fresh copy, (I have always had document and other system/windows folders saved on separate drive so that I can access downloads and such without having to re-download everything, so its very likely I having some vestigial issues from previous install, but the HARDWARE has not changed from before, just windows)

Thing is though, I have another (unrelated to gadgets, a skin I made myself) that is not reporting the temp values either, even though it is set right with proper sensor id's (using the old method with 'shared memory support' in hwinfo) - it stil shows 0c

Am stumped on why either is an issue.. Last ditch attempt I will try tonight will complexity wipe the rainmeter folder/program/etc and clear it from registry and attempt this all again in morning.(will check here before I do so hoping someone has a fix or insight)

Regardless, very much appreciate the help. Your time is important :D

Edit: also random, again, clipboard meter issue, it works now, but I cannot click the 'solid' or 'blurred edges' on the settings panel.

edit edit annnd now it also is not working again (All old stuff still there, but new copy'ed things don't show)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

AtmaDarkwolf wrote: October 24th, 2021, 7:04 am Edit: also random, again, clipboard meter issue, it works now, but I cannot click the 'solid' or 'blurred edges' on the settings panel.

edit edit annnd now it also is not working again (All old stuff still there, but new copy'ed things don't show)
Oh wait, you can't click on the background style option??? That sounds extremely suspicious. Definitely check the About Log! From your description it sounds like the problem is that Rainmeter is unable to write to the @Resouces folder (or the Skins folder and everything under it). That would be a problem for any skin actually, and could also explain why the CPU Meter and your own skin isn't working. If you see errors in the log, paste them here. The entire log file is stored here:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.log.

P.S.: I haven't heard of this permissions issue in a while, but this happened to a lot of people in the past when upgrading from Win7/8 to Win10. The Documents folder would somehow become read-only after the upgrade. The fix was to change the permissions on the C:\Users\<username> folder (and everything under it) to "full control".... something like that. :confused:
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

Odd, all the others work, just the clipboard one won't Also, no rainmeter.log file in the folder(which is confusing cuz other temp files I know were recently created by rainmeter are there)