It is currently April 20th, 2024, 12:35 am

How do I get a skin to be above the Nexus dock but below all other windows?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Bwqdidqnvivnievwv

How do I get a skin to be above the Nexus dock but below all other windows?

Post by Bwqdidqnvivnievwv »

I've looked everywhere for help on this but couldn't find anything of use. I need the ClearText rainmeter skin to be above the Nexus Dock but below all other windows. Since the Nexus Dock counts as a window, I have failed to find a way to differentiate just Nexus from all other windows.
I've tried to put it on the topmost layer and even the fade in and out hide setting, but those were just desperate attempts. I found this the best way to find a solution.

よろしく!
CodeCode

Re: How do I get a skin to be above the Nexus dock but below all other windows?

Post by CodeCode »

In the rainmeter manager, where all of the skins are listed.

There are some tick boxes in the lower right - the ticks are able to be set for each and every skin that is loaded.

Right there there is a dropdown menu titled "Position". Look through those and you can set the placement of skins over or under eachother.

Keeping in mind that if a skin is clicked I might come to the top and stay there, except for On Desktop or Stay Topmost. Those two are the min - and max depth levels so there is no clicking issues.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Bwqdidqnvivnievwv wrote: October 14th, 2021, 1:09 am I've looked everywhere for help on this but couldn't find anything of use. I need the ClearText rainmeter skin to be above the Nexus Dock but below all other windows. Since the Nexus Dock counts as a window, I have failed to find a way to differentiate just Nexus from all other windows.
I've tried to put it on the topmost layer and even the fade in and out hide setting, but those were just desperate attempts. I found this the best way to find a solution.

よろしく!
That is not possible, given NexusDock is not related to Rainmeter.

If you can have NexusDock to always stay below then maybe you can make the skin to have normal position and it will stay on top of nexus dock.
from the Realm of Death
Bwqdidqnvivnievwv

CodeCode wrote: October 14th, 2021, 4:50 am In the rainmeter manager, where all of the skins are listed.

There are some tick boxes in the lower right - the ticks are able to be set for each and every skin that is loaded.

Right there there is a dropdown menu titled "Position". Look through those and you can set the placement of skins over or under eachother.

Keeping in mind that if a skin is clicked I might come to the top and stay there, except for On Desktop or Stay Topmost. Those two are the min - and max depth levels so there is no clicking issues.
Thank you for the reply,
I understand what you mean, however, I simply want Nexus, which rainmeter treats as a window, to remain below the skin. As windows are always on the 'normal' layer according to rainmeter under the position drop-down menu, I have to set the skin to something higher than that, (I put it on 'topmost'). This worked to bring the skin above Nexus.
However, as Nexus is treated the same as other windows, the rainmeter skin shows up above every other window too. I simply want it to be above Nexus but below all other windows. I was wondering if there was any code I could insert into the rainmeter skin to treat Nexus differently?

もう一回、よろしく。
Bwqdidqnvivnievwv

death.crafter wrote: October 14th, 2021, 9:17 am That is not possible, given NexusDock is not related to Rainmeter.

If you can have NexusDock to always stay below then maybe you can make the skin to have normal position and it will stay on top of nexus dock.
Hi,
I have tried this and it doesn't work. I understand that it's not part of the rainmeter, so it wouldn't be easy to make work. However, I have seen in other help forum threads that it is possible to make the skin stay below all windows but above one window (using a bang to insert in the skin). Unfortunately, I don't understand the code too well, so I was hoping for some assistance as I'm still new to rianmeter. If it is truly not possible thanks for the help anyway!

Thank you so much.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

The simplest way would be to use a Rainmeter dock! :D
- MuLab -
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Bwqdidqnvivnievwv wrote: October 14th, 2021, 10:33 am Hi,
I have tried this and it doesn't work. I understand that it's not part of the rainmeter, so it wouldn't be easy to make work. However, I have seen in other help forum threads that it is possible to make the skin stay below all windows but above one window (using a bang to insert in the skin). Unfortunately, I don't understand the code too well, so I was hoping for some assistance as I'm still new to rianmeter. If it is truly not possible thanks for the help anyway!

Thank you so much.
Which posts?

And even if you could, it would require something that can get hold of the nexus dock window and it's z pos and accordingly set the z position of the skin. I don't think it is possible in a way that always works. But if there is a thing like that I would like to know.
from the Realm of Death
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Well, if there is any consolation - the !Zpos bang allows you to change folder position related to say, OnMouseOverAction, or other mouse behaviours .
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.